• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm just saying people often report getting the most recreational effects from lower dosages of suboxone, which is the reason I'm assuming your taking it, but even if it's not eight mg is too much to start off with if you've been using opiates daily, star with two mg to make sure you don't go into precipitated withdrawal, because even after 24 hours it can still someitimes get you. You want to gradually introduce your system to buprenorphine. And because of the cieling effect, you pokey won't get any more euphoria out of eight mg, than you would out of two.

Don't expect much, especially if you have a high tolerance. 8 mgs might be a bit much, but honestly you will probably be underwhelmed.

What people are saying about precipitated withdrawals is true ONLY if you do opiates BEFORE you take suboxone and you are opiate dependent.

If you dose on say, a couple roxi 30s earlier in the day, and then take the suboxone what is basically happening is that all the oxycodone "plugging" your opiate receptors gets ripped out and replaced. it's not pretty or pleasant.

However, if you take opiates AFTER suboxone you won't get PWDs, you will probably just waste the drug. that's true for a couple days after taking subs.

None of the above is "science", just from personal experience, so I could be wrong

Yeah if you are not on suboxone maintenance, I found that 8mg will really only block for 24 hours at the most. The blockade really happens when you've been taking a steady high dose for 11 days. I believe that's the point where the build up of the half life peaks and stabalizes.

No one here can tell if you will get any real high from the suboxone though, because we don't know what your opiate habit is like. A lot of people would consider 80mg of oxycodone a day as a high tolerance, but that's really not that big. If you normally take that amount of oxycodone a day, I imagine the suboxone will get you quite high. However, if your shooting, or sniffing like 100mg of oxymorphone a day, you will get absolutely nothing out of the suboxone besides some withdrawal relief.

well i take about 160mg of hydrocodone atleast a week and latly I've been snorting 80 mg of opana about twice a week so that is sum hint to my tolerence but based on what some of yall r saying about 2mg of suboxone being basically just as euphoric as 8 ill start it that way.

you take 160 milligrams of hydrocodone a week? so that's like a little less than thirty mg a day? may i ask what and how you are taking these? thats potentially a whole lot of APAP.

and then you do 80 mgs of opana twice a week? or 40 mgs twice a week?

cause 80 mgs, two whole 40s, that a shitton! a whole lot more than 30 mgs of hydrocodone a day. even one whole 40 can be a lot

Well wow, that's still completely confusing. Do you take 30 mg of hydro a day and 10mg of opana? Or do you just sometimes take an insanely high dosage of a much stronger opioid about once a week. Cause if you were taking an average of thirty mg of hydro a day, suboxone is gonna FUCK you up, and I would take 2mg sublingual at the max

well i take the hydrcodone orally (loracets) but i take less now since I've been snorting 80mg of opana a week, it may sound like alot but i do these to get high not to maintain so the usages aren't spread out through out the week evenly i normally will do a whole 80 at once. but unfortunatly my dd doesn't get them any more :/ that's y im experiencing with these sub. films which 2mg as of the past hour aren't doing it as much of a high as i have had b4 with the tablets. so im going to do 2 more mg's.

Ok, yeah, we'll its good you started out with two mg. I didn't mean to be overly precautious, but I couldn't really tell if your tolerance was more of around 30mg hydro with occasional usage of opana. A lot of people that take hydrocodone primarily usually have low enough tolerances that suboxone will get them pretty stoned. If the 2 mg didn't do much for you I doubt another two will but you can give it a try. I also find that suboxone takes at least an hour and a half to get peak effects

Yeah if you are not on suboxone maintenance, I found that 8mg will really only block for 24 hours at the most. The blockade really happens when you've been taking a steady high dose for 11 days. I believe that's the point where the build up of the half life peaks and stabalizes.

No one here can tell if you will get any real high from the suboxone though, because we don't know what your opiate habit is like. A lot of people would consider 80mg of oxycodone a day as a high tolerance, but that's really not that big. If you normally take that amount of oxycodone a day, I imagine the suboxone will get you quite high. However, if your shooting, or sniffing like 100mg of oxymorphone a day, you will get absolutely nothing out of the suboxone besides some withdrawal relief.

This is true. I've gotten high 12 hours after my 8mg bupe dose plenty of times (with iv H).

If you are only taking 80mg oxy a day that is very low and you can use a minute amount of bupe. In which case you can keep your high going for quite a few days probably. IOf you start taking like huge doses like 4mg+ you will only be on a little honeymoon witht he bupe. At 80mg oxy a day I am willin gto bet you can sniff 0.5mg and be NICE

Edit: just saw you said 2mg is not enough.. I dunno man.. you can't expect this amazing high off bupe bro.. its a partial agonist. I was thinking your tolerance might be low that there was a lot of magic in bupe left for you but thats probably not the case and chances are 2mg or 20mg won't make much a difference for how you feel high wise. and if it doesn it won't for more than a week or 2 at most./

Bupe is really weird, as far as its blocking ability goes. I found that if your on maintenance at dosages of 8mg and above, it's going to take at least 72 hours to feel a strong full agonist, like heroin. If you're planning on trying to get high on codeine or hydrocodone, I would imagine you would have to wait a week or more, not only for the blockade effect to dissipate, but for your tolerance to lower as well.

I found that the maximum time I could use buprenorphine and successfully get 90% effects from a full agonist after twenty four hours was five days to a week, though when I've done this I've had to usually use a larger amount of heroin than usual.

What's really weird, is that it seems that sometimes bupe just doesn't block at all. Last year I was taking twenty four mg a day, and I met up with my friend who had some mephedrone and some really fucking good heroin. I was shooting the mephedrone for a while, thinking the dope would be a waste, but I decided to try one bag out. Surprisingly, I got really fucking high, and an incredible rush. And that was off of one bag, less than twelve hours after my last 24mg dosage of suboxone. Then I decided to go on a little bender, but after that one day, I wasn't really getting high off the heroin I was buying, which lead me to believe that the dope that I did get high off of was either really pure, or was cut with something like fentanyl or possibly dilaudid or opana (though that would seem rediculous as people would pay just as much for buying those drugs straight.)

Another time when I was taking 8mg of suboxone a day, a friend threw me a bag of dope, and again, I thought there was no way I'd get high. I sniffed the thing and again, I got completely high off of one bag.

This has happened to me several times, and it truly confuses me. 90% of the time bupe will block, but it seems every once in a while it just won't.

May I ask what booting is? I was thinking of using my 8mg films rectally but don t know how. curious if it would be a better high?

Booting is when you inject a drug, and then pull back on the plunger again, and inject a second time to "make sure you get all the gear"

But it's more widely used to refer to just injecting drugs in general.
You just dissolve the film in 1-2mL of water, and suck it up into an oral syringe, then lay on your side, and insert the tip of the oral syringe into your anus, and shoot the solution into it. You should remain lying down for about two minutes post administration, and you should not use a whole 8mg film, as it has a pretty high absorption rate.

I think personally they work better than the pill just because of the way it dissolves. On another note, I have been clean from opiates for about 6 months now and found 1 8mg suboxone film strip and decided plug it. I let it dissolve in 4 ml of water and squirted it up my bum(lol)......In all honesty, I did this at 10:30 last night and was high(yes high like a morphine like high) till about 7am. It's almost 9am and my eyes are still pinpoint and still feel buzzed. I know it doesn't get a regular user high but since i've been clean I was suprised how I was nodding out from plugging 8mg's.

Listen to the Cpt. and Learn!!!

Booting is when you inject a drug, and then pull back on the plunger again, and inject a second time to "make sure you get all the gear"

And, as an injecting drug user, you do NOT want to do this.

The ONLY time I do it is when I'm using a luer slip tip or luer lock needle and not an insulin syringe. When you are IVing with an insulin syringe there is NO POINT in doing this as there is LITERALLY NO dead space. Whatever is left in an insulin syringe is ALL blood, or the TINIEST little, very tiny drop of liquid. You CANNOT care about something that small.

The dead space on a luer lock or luer slip is actually 5 to 10 units; keep this in mind IDU's. Either dilute your stuff so 5-10 units isn't an appreciable loss, or do what I do but it is NOT recommended as it's a great way to miss the "second plunge"; when you get the first plunge most people - most IDU's I know, plunge instantly and don't re-check. Once you've plunged, and have to pull back again, replunging can be tricky as you may have slipped out of the vein, or the vein may have receeded ESPECIALLY if you're using acidic drugs like black tar heroin or drugs that harm the vein due to one reason or another, like cocaine, methamphetamine, hydroxyzine, etc. None of these drugs I inject anymore obviously but I have learned from experiences in the past though. :)

You just dissolve the film in 1-2mL of water, and suck it up into an oral syringe, then lay on your side, and insert the tip of the oral syringe into your anus, and shoot the solution into it. You should remain lying down for about two minutes post administration, and you should not use a whole 8mg film, as it has a pretty high absorption rate.

There will be no needle involved when plugging. I often use the needle to draw it up into the syringe, but you always take the needle off before plugging. I have only plugged 10mg dexedrine IR tabs; buprenorphine is best IM/IV'd IMO. ;) I have also recently switched to only IMing my buprenorphine, and it's amazing how long it lasts with this ROA. %)

Also to elaborate on what the almighty mod Zneg said... you want to use more like 1 or 2 milligrams, or less, if you're plugging buprenorphine. At this low of a dose, you could use 1ml OR LESS to dissolve this amount of buprenorphine. 0.5 mL will easily dissolve 1mg.

I havebeen on the strips for a while now and i am wondering if this happens to anyone...I am perscribed 2 and 1/4 8mg subs per day. I had to cut down on my own to sometimes 4mg in a.m. and another 4 in p.m and get nice energy etc. from it. The next day I can do same dose and feel nothing. So I do 8 in a.m. and maybe a 4 or 8 at night. I am wondering WHY one day I can feel something and the next feel nothing. There is no consistancy and it's frustrating. This has started to happen over last 6 months. I even thought that maybe I was getting bad strips cuz sometimes they are all brital and shit. I also let them melt slowly and if i do not hold spit for half hour or more then I feel nothing. I just want to feel the energy that it gives me and there has to be a better way to do it. what am I doing wrong and what can I do to ensure a energy kick every time. I lowered dose, raised dose as of late and sometimes do 2 bupes at a time and nothing. I know it didn't get all of it in my system because for one, felt no ummph and also was able to go to bathroom later on that day. If i get a good kick, i need to take something to help me go...I have analyzed this from all angles and am having more days w/ no effect than days w/ effect. That's why I am on here.....HELP.PLEASE

The only way to really get that nice lift consistently I've found, is to lower your dose. 8mg for me was kind of the cusp of feeling a positive reaction to the suboxone, and any more would make me lethargic and horribly constipated. If you read around BL, and on other forums you'll hear the statement "less is more" quite a lot in regards to suboxone. When you have a lower amount of buprenorphine going into your system, it makes each time you dose more pronounced, and there is also a theory, that at lower dosages, norbuprenorphine, a metabolite of bupe which is a potent full agonist, is able to connect to unoccupied receptors.

For me,I felt a lot better when i got down to 4mg a day SL,I would dose 2mg in the am and pm. I would still feel lethargic in the afternoon sometimes but it was a lot better than higher dosages. I now take .5mg 2x a day, and it works really well for me, but it's not necessairy to taper that low to experience the positive stimulating effects of suboxone.

Also, I found that the 8mg strips were pretty inconsistant, but until a month ago, I didn't have insurance that coved suboxone, so buying the 2mg films for the same price was insane. However, that is no longer a problem, and the 2mg strips are so much better it's unbelievable. No cracks or speckles, they're immaculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.