• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides New research: Morning glory contains 5 stimulating LSD-like drugs & brand new 2020 receptorome binding data for LSH compared with LSD (post #10)

tregar

Bluelighter
Update 9.8.2022:
or here:

The cactus tea + MG tincture (more powerful than 4 hits of acid) results in an extremely powerful trip that is WAY OUT THERE, but no anxiety or thought confusion like with LSD, have complete control of faculties while tripping hardcore.

Notice the bright blue glow of the lysergic acid amides (LSH + penniclavine) when a bit was dabbed from jar onto a cue tip and smeared on a paper plate in front of blacklight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New research: Morning glory contains 5 stimulating LSD-like drugs, soluble only in wine/alcohol, only sparingly soluble in water.

Pictures: https://mycotopia.net/topic/110273-...-winealcohol-only-sparingly-soluble-in-water/

It just so happens that the ancient Aztec and Mayan also added the fresh or dried pulverized morning glory seeds to a drink containing alcohol, they learned this would extract all the stimulating actives from the seeds:

Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally were added by the Aztec and Mayan to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37)."

New research from the 1975 and 2016 morning glory studies is shown in links and pics. 5 LSD-like drugs have been identified & tested on animals from the morning glory seeds (4 soluble only in alcohol & 1 which survives only in acidic medium like wine) that are just as stimulating as LSD, with two being more stimulating than LSD.

(1) Extraction & Identification of Clavine and Lysergic acid alkaloids from morning glories, Weldon L. Witters: 1975:
https://kb.osu.edu/b...F589?sequence=1
hxxps://kb.osu.edu/bitstream/handle/1811/22310/V075N4_198.pdf;jsessionidF8F4FB54A2D36461CBC73314990F589?sequence=1

(2) Identification and determination of ergot alkaloids in Morning Glory cultivars, Nowak, Wozniakiewicz, Klepacki, Sowa & Koscielniak, 2016:
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4830885/
hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830885/

The merck index shows that (1) elymoclavine, (2) agroclavine, (3) chanoclavine & (4) penniclavine are only soluble in alcohol (sparingly soluble in water). (5) Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) in the seeds was shown in the 2016 Polish morning glory study to only survive outside the seeds in an acidic environment (example: such as cold sherry wine which is already at ph=4). LSH decomposes in neutral water (plain water), when heated, or in alkaline environments.

Cold sherry cooking wine is recommended as the extraction solution since it is already at ph=4 and is 18% alcohol, and is also very cheap ($5 per bottle). It can be found in the wine isle of any grocery store, and is often on sale. A $9 wine preserver canister can be bought at Amazon which contains a gas mixture of argon, carbon dioxide & other inert gases which can be sprayed into an open bottle of sherry wine before sealing cork to preserve the wine indefinitely, otherwise the acetaldehyde in the wine converts to acetic acid over time, giving the wine a vinegar taste. The wine preserver contains enough gas to last for years of sealing many bottles.

It's a good idea to extract by hammering the (example: 400 to 500) "direct from grower" or "home-grown" seeds in-between a paper plate, then grind the resulting matter in a coffee grinder, then add the mush to a few shots (1 shot = 30ml) of cold sherry wine (already at ph=4) and let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours with occasional swirling, then filter solution thru a cotton ball stuffed into a funnel (this gets all the seed debris out but leaves the actives in solution), and consume the cold sherry wine which contains the actives. This is the method I use and has resulted in mind-blowing powerful visual trips, will post trip reports in part 2.

Not only does sherry wine extract the 5 LSD-like stimulating active drugs from the seeds (see below) without decomposition, but it also cuts down immensely on the amount of "snot" extracted from the seeds, which is quite high when a plain acidified cold water extraction (to preserve the LSH) is used, as alcohol will not extract the "stringy snot like material" from the seeds.
------------------------------------------------
1) elymoclavine = approx 17% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected with elymoclavine, that they were stimulated MORE than when they were given LSD.

2) agroclavine = approx 25% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed than when animals were injected with agroclavine, that they were stimulated MORE than when they were given LSD.

3) chanoclavine = approx 7% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected wth chanoclavine, that they were stimulated just as much as when given LSD.

4) penniclavine = approx 25% plus of the heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected with penniclavine, that they were stimulated just as much as when given LSD.

5) D-Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) = approx 25% plus of the heavenly blue mg. Over time this converts to LSA (Lysergic acid amide). So the seeds may contain a makeup of 1/2 LSH to 1/2 LSA a long while later, like retail rack seeds as the LSH decomposes over time.

6) Ergometrine = approx 5% of the heavenly blue mg.

1.71 LSH detected in seeds direct from growers, only 0.54% LSH detected in seeds off retail racks (see 2016 Polish morning glory study). Best to freeze seeds fresh off vine or direct from growers to preserve their natural high LSH potency, as the longer they sit at room temp or in the heat after being picked (many months without freezing) the faster the LSH (very active at 1.5mg) decomposes to the minimally to non-active LSA.

From the 1958 paper:
"All members of the excitor group produced in all test animals a syndrome of central sympathetic excitation and elicited a stimulation of spontaneous activity. In this group, elymoclavine, was the most potent stimulant and next come agroclavine, triseclavine, penniclavine, and LSD which are almost equipotent, as judged by the degree of symptoms exhibited in the same dose. The arousal effect of elymoclavine or agroclavine on reserpine-sedation was superior to that of LSD."

Animal experiments have shown that elymoclavine, lysergol, LSD and several other ergot alkaloids such as agroclavine, triseclavine, penniclavine, lysergine and lysergene have excitory effects on the central nervous system (Note 1: Yui & Takeo, 1958 as well as lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) which also excites the central nervous system in animals (Note 2: Glasser, 1961).

The effects of agroclavine are similar to those of elymoclavine and LSD on rabbits (Yui & Takeo, 1958, indicating that the effect of agroclavine may well be psychoactive in humans as well. It also seems likely that agroclavine, triseclavine, penniclavine, lysergine and lysergene and lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) will be psychoactive in humans.

Agroclavine & Penniclavine (found in high amounts in the morning glory seeds & in claviceps paspali infected wild grass Paspalum distichum L, with the labile LSH a close second in both of them) binds to 5-ht1a, 5-ht2a, 5-ht6, 5-ht7, adrenal A2A, A2C, A2D, and most of the dopamine receptors. See "Agroclavine & Penniclavine radioligand (receptorome) data, Planta Med. 1996 Oct; 62(5): 387-92."

LSD binding data is shown below (compare to agroclavine/penniclavine above):

LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69 (novelty, newness)
LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)

We don't have radioligand binding data for LSH (lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide in the seeds), we only know it is similar to LAE-32 in TIHKAL, in which human experiments were done, at 1.5mg it was stimulating & "LSD like".

It was Gröger who first discovered LSH in the seeds, published in his 1963 paper "Über das Vorkommen von Ergolinderivaten in Ipomoea-Arten". Later also Hofmann then extracted it from the seeds. It probably was in 1967, as Heim wrote in his work from August 1967 that Hofmann said he recently extracted it from the seeds (personal communication, as they knew each other very well).

LSD----------------------------------------CH2CH3-----CH2CH3.....chemical formula (C20 H25 N3 0)
LAE-32-----------------------------------------H------CH2CH3.....chemical formula (C18 H21 N3 0)
d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide-----------H---------CHOHCH3....chemical formula (C18 H21 N3 02)
Penniclavine-----------------------------------------------------chemical formula (C16 H18 N2 O2)

Glasser in 1961 noticed animals also became stimulated when injected with LSH. Dr. Glasser said some of the mice even stood on their hine legs and pressed on the noses of the mice in front of them, very peculiar.

Animal tests all point to LSH being an active psychedelic and it is indeed the closest thing to LSD found in nature, far closer than d-ergine. Owsley claims Hoffman himself told him that LAOH is very LSD-like.

Notes:

(1) The above experiments with mice, rabbits, cats and dogs who were injected with elymoclavine, agroclavine, chanoclavine alkaloids from morning glory can be found in "Neuropharmacological studies on a new series of ergot alkaloids" "Elymoclavine as a potent analeptic on reserpine-sedation" by tohoru Yui and Yuji Takeo, Hyg 911/LSD 494, Jap. J. Pharmacol. 7, 157, 1958, Jap. J. Pharmacol 7, 157-168, 1958.

(2) LSH experiments on animals: A. Glasser, Nature 189, 313 (1961)

(3) No high amounts of stimulating LSH, agroclavine, elymoclavine, chanoclavine, penniclavine found in HBWR seeds, only in morning glory seeds. A 2014 forensics paper from Paulke found no LSH in HBWR seeds, but only found LSA & iso-LSA (83-84 percent) & ergometrine (10-17 percent) & rest minimal: lysergol, elymoclavine & chanoclavine. We know that MG has centuries of Shamanic use, while HBWR has no history of Shamanic use. HBWR only has history of medicinal use.

Sandgrease: "HBWR has more of a sedative effect compared to MG."

Nogal: "HBWR is more body related while MG seeds have effects more similar to LSD."

(4) Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally are added to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37)."

(5) Aum_Shanti, 2019, "In fresher seeds there's mainly LSH (in relation to LSA). Only in old seeds, the LSA is dominant. This is because the fungi on the plant can only biosynthesize LSH (not LSA), and LSA is then a decomposition product of LSH over time. The fungi on the vines biosynthesize:

From Tryptophan-->chanoclavine-->agroclavine-->elymoclavine-->lysergic acid-->ergometrine-->LSH, which then decomposes over time into LSA."

(6) Psychotomimetics of the Convolvulaceae pg 93: "This particular plant seems to have been more important to the Aztecs in divinity then Peyotl or Teonanacatl, two of their other classical sacred plants."

(7) Jonathan Ott "Pharmacotheon": "Ololiuhqui was far more prominent as an entheogen here in Mesoamerica than those mushrooms; the mushrooms are mentioned only here and there by a few competent chroniclers; yet almost an entire book was devoted to denouncing mainly the ololiuhqui idolatry. The annals of the Inquisition contain many times more autos de fe for ololiuhqui than for mushrooms."

[8] 2016 Polish morning glory study which finds 3x higher amounts of LSH in fresher MG seeds direct from grower/producer vs retail: hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830885/ LSA is a decomposition product of LSH over time (see attached pics from study).

2016 Polish MG study: "Alkaloids abundance in all 3 HB cultivars is comparable, with most significant difference for LSH (Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide), which varies from 0.54 to 1.71 compound to IS ratio. As has been demonstrated in this study, LSH is a labile compound, and therefore the variances in its concentration may be due to different age and storage conditions of the seeds rather than difference in plant metabolism. Indeed, seeds IT-HB2, which express highest concentration of LSH, were bought directly from the producer, whereas seeds IP-HB1 were purchased in retail stores."

(9) Researchers showed in 1961 that Claviceps paspali produces high amounts of LSH in culture: "Production of a new lysergic acid derivative (LSH or Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide) by a strain of Claviceps paspali, Stevens & Hall". Likely entheogen used to serve hundreds of initiates at Eleusis in ancient Greece: see pic of Eleusian Mysteries & center for Eleusis Telesterion (initiation Hall for initiates...ALL men, women & even slave were invited) in ancient Greece, and pic of people who would attend in ancient Greece.

Chemist Peter Webster wrote that fresh Greek claviceps paspali infected paspalum grass which grows adjacent to Eleusis in the famous Rarian Plane contains the exact same alkaloids as found in the fresh Aztec morning glory. Albert Hofmann wrote that Claviceps paspali due to it's similar makeup to the Mexican morning glory could also have been the likely entheogen used at Eleusis to serve hundreds of people.

(10) Krystle Cole from the book "Lysergic":
"Isn't Ergot what Socrates used to take at Eleusis?" I thought it was kind of cool to be taking something that the founders of our democracy used to take, but that our current democracy has made illegal.

LSD chemist Todd Skinner replied "Yes". Todd had prepared 6 jugs of ergot wine and stored them for many years.

Krystle Cole's "ergot wine" experience (several pages long) in the book "Lysergic", reported that she saw constantly rotating holographic Sanskrit or Arabic & Zodiac symbols, floating in a circle around Todd's head.

(11) sample morning glory wine trip report from Erowid: Morning Glory & Alcohol by Psychopsilocybin:
https://erowid.org/e...xp.php?ID=95057
hxxps://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=95057

Last edited:
Nogal: "HBWR is more body related while MG seeds have effects more similar to LSD."

I can confirm this.

I may revisit MG seeds sooner or later. Very interesting and I've never done a proper extraction with alcohol. Really interested in isolating the actives and trying that instead of ingesting all the other material.

HBWR is not worth doing IMO. Always a negative experience with overly intense body load.

I can confirm this.

I may revisit MG seeds sooner or later. Very interesting and I've never done a proper extraction with alcohol. Really interested in isolating the actives and trying that instead of ingesting all the other material.

HBWR is not worth doing IMO. Always a negative experience with overly intense body load.
High quality, fresh HBWR are far preferable over morning glory seeds, particularly if you grind the seeds and soak them in orange juice (or another acidic juice. Let them soak for about 20 minutes, strain out the seed mush, and drink. This method seems to minimize the accompanied nausea and vasoconstriction.

High quality, fresh HBWR are far preferable over morning glory seeds, particularly if you grind the seeds and soak them in orange juice (or another acidic juice. Let them soak for about 20 minutes, strain out the seed mush, and drink. This method seems to minimize the accompanied nausea and vasoconstriction.

But based on this research its missing some key alkaloids?

I'm just going based on my personal experience

I think I did HBWR 4 times, I never had a good experience except one of the trips I did have some very pleasant almost MDMA like body sensations when listening to music.

I did MG seeds probably around 7 times? I think I had 2 good trips and one of them was on par with LSD and had very strong OEVs

I just remember every time I did HBWR i had a horrible body load and one time went crazy and layed in the bath tub with the shower on for 4 hours.

I've never done any extracts though. I think with the HBWR i did some "peppermint tek" or some shit and put it in peppermint oil. i don't remember

I never had OEVs or good CEVs with HBWR. with MGs I did.

But based on this research its missing some key alkaloids?

I'm just going based on my personal experience

I think I did HBWR 4 times, I never had a good experience except one of the trips I did have some very pleasant almost MDMA like body sensations when listening to music.

I did MG seeds probably around 7 times? I think I had 2 good trips and one of them was on par with LSD and had very strong OEVs

I just remember every time I did HBWR i had a horrible body load and one time went crazy and layed in the bath tub with the shower on for 4 hours.

I've never done any extracts though. I think with the HBWR i did some "peppermint tek" or some shit and put it in peppermint oil. i don't remember

I never had OEVs or good CEVs with HBWR. with MGs I did.
Have you ever tried them fresh, right out of a seed pod on the vine? It's a very much different, and enjoyable, experience. I'm not sure what compound(s) is responsible for the far better experience with much less nausea and cramping. I think its something that isnt especially stable and is rapidly lost as the seeds age. I grow my own and will never go back to sourcing seeds from outside of my own garden.

I was under the impression none of the clavine alkaloids are active as psychedelics. Stimulating effects != head twitch response.

Sekio said:
I was under the impression none of the clavine alkaloids are active as psychedelics. Stimulating effects != head twitch response.
Yes, the clavine alkaloids & LSH in morning glory are just as stimulating as LSD according to animal tests, and should have psychoactive effects in humans accordingly the scientists speculated. No human trials have been performed with any of these clavine alkaloids. 2 of these alkaloids (elymoclavine & agroclavine) have been found to be even MORE stimulating than LSD.

1) elymoclavine = approx 17% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected with elymoclavine, that they were stimulated MORE than when they were given LSD.

2) agroclavine = approx 25% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed than when animals were injected with agroclavine, that they were stimulated MORE than when they were given LSD.

3) chanoclavine = approx 7% of heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected wth chanoclavine, that they were stimulated just as much as when given LSD.

4) penniclavine = approx 25% plus of the heavenly blue mg = 1958 paper from Yui Takeo showed that when animals were injected with penniclavine, that they were stimulated just as much as when given LSD.

5) D-Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) = approx 25% plus of the heavenly blue mg. Over time LSH decomposes to LSA unless the seeds are kept temp controlled in freezer/fridge. Glasser in 1961 noticed animals became stimulated when injected with LSH. Dr. Glasser said some of the mice even stood on their hine legs and pressed on the noses of the mice in front of them, very peculiar.

LSH decomposes in neutral water solutions, and quickly in alkaline solutions, and also if heated, but it is quite stable in acidic environments (example: cold sherry wine which is already at ph=4).

LSD----------------------------------------CH2CH3-----CH2CH3.....chemical formula (C20 H25 N3 0)
LAE-32-----------------------------------------H------CH2CH3.....chemical formula (C18 H21 N3 0)
d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide-----------H---------CHOHCH3....chemical formula (C18 H21 N3 02)

Animal tests all point to LSH being an active psychedelic and it is indeed the closest thing to LSD found in nature, far closer than d-ergine. Owsley claims Hoffman himself told him that LAOH is very LSD-like.

We don't have radioligand binding data for LSH (lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide in the seeds), we only know it is similar to LAE-32 in TIHKAL, in which human experiments were done, at 1.5mg it was stimulating & "LSD like".

1.71 LSH detected in seeds direct from growers, only 0.54% LSH detected in seeds off retail racks (see 2016 Polish morning glory study). Best to freeze seeds fresh off vine or direct from growers to preserve their natural high LSH potency indefinitely (prevent decomposition of the labile or unstable LSH to LSA).

6) Ergometrine = approx 5% of the heavenly blue mg.

Note: Agroclavine & Penniclavine (found in high amounts in the morning glory seeds & in claviceps paspali infected wild grass Paspalum distichum L, with the labile LSH a close second in both of them) binds to 5-ht1a (5-ht1a = 80% of brain 5-hta), 5-ht2a, 5-ht6, 5-ht7, adrenal A2A, A2C, A2D, and most of the dopamine receptors. These are many of the same receptors LSD binds to. See "Agroclavine & Penniclavine radioligand (receptorome) data, Planta Med. 1996 Oct; 62(5): 387-92."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
additional notes:

(12) From "The Alkaloids: Chemistry and Physiology" page 32 "Agroclavine is readily soluble in organic acids, agroclavine is stable to acids", wine stands as one of the sources of organic acids. Page 33 "Elymoclavine is only somewhat soluble in water". Peter Webster states in "Sacred Mushrooms of the Goddess, the Secrets of Eleusis" in the morning glory chapter that Chanoclavine is soluble in alcohol.

(13) Sherry wine is also high in acetaldehyde (10mg per 30ml or shot glass). This may serve as an advantage...why is this possibly important? See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49935/ or hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49935/ Page 8441 "Reaction of Indole with Acetaldehyde: A 0.2% solution of indole in equal amounts of water, ethanol, and acetaldehyde formed a product with 60% yield after 1 hour of reaction at ambient temperature. Omitting the ethanol (50% acetaldehyde in water mixture) had no effect.

Decreasing the concentration of acetaldehyde to 0.1% increased the reaction rate and percent yield of product." See pic of the researchers's indole + acetaldehyde adduct product formed before (page 8439) and after (page 8441).

The researchers achieved a new product with or without the use of ethanol, it made no difference, you only need water acidified to around ph=4 and around a 0.1% acetaldehyde solution, and around a 3 hour soak time for 100% conversion.

Sherry wine fits the bill perfectly with it's high acetaldehyde content, and low ph, which is already at ph=4, just like the study calls for. The researchers stated "the lower the PH, the faster the reaction (indole adduct formation at the NH group)." It contains the perfect amount of acetaldehyde as well, in an alcoholic medium no less.

Theoretically, soaking the seed solution in sherry wine in the fridge for several hours (around 3 hours with occasional swirling once per hour) will also create 1-acetaldehyde LSH from LSH in the seeds, 1-acetaldehyde LSA from LSA in the seeds, and 1-acetaldehyde penniclavine from the seeds. Acetaldehyde boils off at room temp, so best to leave the sherry wine/seed solution in the fridge at all times.

The acetaldehyde in sherry wine will according to the 1992 indole adducts study adduct onto the bottom NH group on the indole of LSH, LSA and penniclavine forming something more akin to looking like ALD-52, (at least bottom indole wise).

The table from Sandoz suggested that ALD-52 might actually have advantages over LSD, reducing any side effects but achieving a stronger trip. Measurements of brain waves while people were taking the two drugs showed that while LSD produced brain waves associated with intense concentration and anxiety, ALD produced brain waves showing a more relaxed mental state.

It is quite possible that 1-acetaldehyde LSH and 1-acetaldehyde penniclavine produce stronger visual trips with zero anxiety. This has been my experience with the seed solution and also my experience when converting 3 x 100ug blotters of LSD to 1-acetaldehyde LSD (have done this over 10 times already spaced two weeks apart), also confirmed recently by Namaste at the Shroomery to work for him as well, now his preferred method of consuming LSD as well. Simply soak 3 LSD blotters in 1/2 shot sherry wine for 3 hours in fridge in a shot glass with swirling once per hour, then consume after 3 hours. Amazing visually strong trip, fantastic headspace with zero anxiety, and way more colorful than regular LSD: with out of this world neon colors -- very prominent with 1-acetaldehyde LSD or with ALD-52.

LSA (C16 H17 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSA
LSH (C18 H21 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSH
LSD (C20 H25 N3 O) + acetal (C2 H3 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetal LSD (C22 H27 N3 O2) or ALD-52
LSD (C20 H25 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 0) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSD

Once you know your morning glory seeds are potent, you could also throw in a blotter or more of LSD into the sherry wine/morning glory seed solution soaking in the fridge for 3 hours, not only will this convert the LSD to the more colorful and anxiety free 1-acetaldehyde LSD but it can result in a trip way beyond normal LSD. Example below:

Dragonrider: "I have also experimented with morning glory seeds a lot. A couple of times the seeds came very close to LSD, but on other occasions they where nothing like LSD at all. But there is more. I have combined morning glory seeds with other psychedelics. And on some occasions they dulled the effects of them. But on a few occasions, they boosted the effects of psychedelics enormously and very few seeds where actually needed to create this effect.

Once a mere 30 seeds were enough to cause an overwhelming OBE on LSD, paired with the most insane visuals and a defragmentation of the mind like i have never experienced ever since. I am convinced that there is a substance in fresh morning glories, and maybe it is LSH or penniclavine, that modulates receptors that are being activated by psychedelics in such a way that it can boost the effects of other psychedelics."

Note (14) This is the paper that shows the alkaloid content of HBWR is vastly different from the alkaloid content of morning glory: Paulke A, Kremer C, Wunder C, Wurglics M, Schubert-Zsilavecz M, Toennes SW. Identification of legal highs—ergot alkaloid patterns in two Argyreia nervosa products. Forensic Sci Int. 2014;242:62–71.

Why do you feel the need to continually repost these claims?
* 0.33 mg/mL acetaldehyde in sherry is not "concentrated"
* You have zero actual proof you are forming the acetaldehyde adducts
* Zero proof that the adducts remain stable in solution, in gastric fluids, or in blood
* Zero evidence that such compounds would have activity beyond acting as prodrugs
* You conveniently ignore the more modern research showing that e.g. ALD-52 is active only as a prodrug and has maybe 1/10 the affinity fore 5-HT2a

But if soaking your blotters in wine makes you fewel better, I'm not going to stop you.

Why do you feel the need to continually repost these claims?
* 0.33 mg/mL acetaldehyde in sherry is not "concentrated"
* You have zero actual proof you are forming the acetaldehyde adducts
* Zero proof that the adducts remain stable in solution, in gastric fluids, or in blood
* Zero evidence that such compounds would have activity beyond acting as prodrugs
* You conveniently ignore the more modern research showing that e.g. ALD-52 is active only as a prodrug and has maybe 1/10 the affinity fore 5-HT2a

But if soaking your blotters in wine makes you fewel better, I'm not going to stop you.

Yep, many people have pointed that out but he/she appears to be 100% convinced despite having no actual proof.

I completely agree with your last sentence.
But I also think that people who read his/her posts should know that those aren't actually facts, just Tregar's experiences.

What 4meSM said is true, I also have met virtually no one else who has tried LSD in 1/2 shot of sherry wine soak for 3 hours in the fridge with stirring once per hour, then consuming besides myself and Namaste at the Shroomery. We both have taken regular LSD hundreds of times over 25 years, and both of us can tell a vastly different experience with the two. Most of the people I have run across can not source or do not have LSD. No one else seems to have tried this but us. Everyone seems to have access to 1p-LSD or something else, but few with real LSD.

Important new 2020 receptorome binding data just came out this year that is available for LSH or Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide found in morning glory seeds! See below:

hxxp://www.t3db.ca/toxins/T3D3687

5-ht2a
5-ht2b
5-ht2c
adrenal A1A
adrenal A1B
adrenal A1D
adrenal A2A
adrenal A2B
adrenal A2C

This is important as it shows LSH binds to just about all the adrenal receptors (more than any other entheogen so far), while LSD only binds to one of the adrenal receptors: A2A in comparison (as far as adrenal receptors are concerned). See chart below: DMT, mescaline & psilocin all bind to many of the adrenal receptors. The adrenal receptors are implicated in the perception of aesthetics, beauty, euphoria.

This may explain why the semi-synthetic man-made LSD has been perceived by many to have less aesthetic appreciation than the natural entheogens: LSH, mescaline, Ayahuasca (harmine + tetrahydroharmine + harmaline) with Caapi, dmt, psilocin. It's man-made quality may be more perceptable due to it's lack of significant adrenal agonism, which is prominent with the natural entheogens.

Example: Mescaline has a rating of 4.00 at adrenal A2C (see below), 4.00 = max = off the charts, and anyone who has ever consumed cactus knows the appreciation for beauty is "thru the roof" or "over the top".

Agroclavine and penniclavine in the seeds (metabolite of agroclavine) bind to 5-ht1a, 5-ht2a, 5-ht6, 5-ht7, adrenal A2A, A2C, A2D, and most of the dopamine receptors in comparison. See "Agroclavine & Penniclavine radioligand (receptorome) data, Planta Med. 1996 Oct; 62(5): 387-92."

in comparison to LSD:

LSD binding data is shown below (compare to LSH/agroclavine/penniclavine above):

Thomas S. Ray, Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome (2010):
hxxp://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019
Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max (off the charts), 0.00=min

LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69 (novelty, newness)
LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)

In conclusion, it is apparent that there is significant teamwork taking place in the seeds between the alkaloids, with argoclavine/penniclavine/other clavines supplying the all important 5-ht1a agonism (which causes inhibitory shutdown of over 80% of brain 5-ht = the filtering & gate/door day to day survival serotonin filters built up since childhood) and agonism targeting of 5-ht2a, 5-ht6, 5-ht7, A2A, A2C, A2D, and the dopamine receptors...

...while LSH targets the 5-ht2a, 5-ht2b, 5-ht2c & SIX of the adrenal receptors, targeting 5 more adrenal receptors than even LSD hits. Wow, this is amazing! Who ever thought LSH was capable of targeting SIX ADRENAL RECEPTORS! Outstanding Nature.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried them fresh, right out of a seed pod on the vine? It's a very much different, and enjoyable, experience. I'm not sure what compound(s) is responsible for the far better experience with much less nausea and cramping. I think its something that isnt especially stable and is rapidly lost as the seeds age. I grow my own and will never go back to sourcing seeds from outside of my own garden.
Yeah I could never find true fresh seeds. I'll definitely do that of I ever revisit the seeds.

I can confirm this.

I dont see anything new here, sounds you're just screaming at the world about LSH 9ver amd over and over

As shown in this thread, claviceps paspali infected paspalum grass grows in the famous Rarian plane adjacent to Eleusis
in ancient Greece where the ceremonies were held for hundreds of initiates to drink a sacred entheogenic brew for over
2,000 years, which if was a solution of claviceps paspali ergot, contains the exact same psychedelic alkaloid profile as the
Mexican Aztec morning glory seeds.

It could have been used directly in powdered form. The priest need simply powder the ergot infected grass, soak in wine,
filter thru cloth to get rid of debris, then drink the resulting wine which contains all 5 of the stimulating LSD like drugs.

Anyone who is into ergot or morning glory seeds, I highly recommend the following book which just came out last month,
what an incredible read!

...contains info on ancient ERGOTIZED BEER relic uncovered for the 1st time! Tons of info on Eleusis, psychedelic ergot, etc.

This new book presents the hard archeological evidence substantiating the LSD-like chemical presence
in the Eleusinian and Dionysian Mysteries, which carried on for thousands of years, reappearing in democratized
form as the Eucharist in the mystery cult of early Christianity before its suppression under the Roman Empire.

The book is officially a New York Times Best Seller, and the author has interviews available to view here:

The Joe Rogan Experience:

Joe Rogan Experience #1543 - Brian Muraresku & Graham Hancock

CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/10/10/did-hallucinogens-play-role-in-origin-of-religion.cnn
goop: https://goop.com/the-goop-podcast/the-secret-history-of-religion/
NPR: https://www.kcrw.com/culture/shows/life-examined/ancient-greece-psychedelics-mental-health-therapy
Andrew Sullivan (just released this Friday, November 13): https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/brian-muraresku-on-psychedelics-and

All media available here: https://www.brianmuraresku.com/media.

Last edited:
Even LSD chemist Todd Skinner has prepared ergot wine, see above from the book "Lysergic", as I have done myself using high doses of fresh off the vine morning glory seeds. I recently harvested lots from my two planters. I use 15 plus grams of dark hard black fresh seeds, there are 30 to 35 seeds per gram. I see open eye geometric patterns on surface of everything...with closed eyes I have seen colored vectors which spin 360 degrees while traveling from left to right across visual plane. The euphoria and enhancement of beauty is strong. This has resulted in incredible visual and euphoric trips.

I use around 3 to 4 oz of cold sherry wine to soak the 500 plus pulverized and ground seeds fresh off the vine (I grow them every spring) in a 1/2 pint tall jar which sits in fridge for some time with occasional swirling, then strain thru a cotton ball in a funnel to get out the seed debris, changing out the cotton when or if it clogs, and drink the resulting nutty tasting solution which contains the actives. Extraction using wine also cuts down on the "stringy slimy snot material" extracted from the seeds, which the alcohol does not dissolve. This stringy snot however is readily soluble in plain water. Wine is also at ph=4 which keep the active LSH from decomposing to the inactive and sedating LSA. LSH only survives in acidic medium (like wine for example).

Fresh off the vine seeds (as I learned way before the 2016 Polish mg study came out) contain high amounts of LSH, (freeze seeds to preserve their high LSH potency indefinitely) way more than what is found in seeds off retail racks. Seeds direct from growers are also very good, I have two jars full of seeds from different growers that I keep in freezer. Search *mazon or *bay and look for those with hundreds of five star reviews. *ee* *eed* with reviews at *mazon is one I know of, *irt's garden is another, but they are gone from auction bay now. I miss them. The *irt's garden on *mazon is not the real *irt's garden but a different distributor of different seeds, and you can tell from the recent mediocre reviews, even wrong seeds being sold. Also notice from the 1975 study (1st post graph) that pearly gate seeds were found to contain even higher amounts of alkaloids.

Last edited:
My parents had huge MG vines all over the front yard, When I found this out I laid out a tarp under a huge fence ,( during the fall after all the flowers dried up), and shook! I mixed a few hundred seed into a smoothie and took a walk into woods! We used to do HBWR also. Sometimes I miss being a young and just trying “dumb” stuff

We both have taken regular LSD hundreds of times over 25 years, and both of us can tell a vastly different experience with the two.
And both of you are immune to expectation effects? I don't believe claims based exclusively on non-blinded bio-assays, especially of sense-distorting psychedelics.

The adrenal receptors are implicated in the perception of aesthetics, beauty, euphoria.
Excuse me? Adrenal receptors are involved in the fight-or-flight reflex and modulation of blood pressure.

5-ht1a agonism (which causes inhibitory shutdown of over 80% of brain 5-ht )
reference? I don't believe this at all. What do you mean by "shutdown of 5-HT"? Almost every psychedelic drug (LSD, 2C-T-2, psilocin, mescaline, etc), and a whole cast of others - amphetamine, cannabidiol, methylphenidate, MDMA, haloperidol, ginkgo biloba, quetiapine, yohimbine - are all partial agonists of 5-HT1Ar. The antidepressant/anxiolytic buspirone is a full agonist of 5-HT1A.

Example: Mescaline has a rating of 4.00 at adrenal A2C (see below), 4.00 = max = off the charts.
These are normalized affinities for comparison purposes only.

I still don't buy that the clavbines are actively psychedelic..

And yes, on the topic of "ergotized wine" and 1-acetaldehyde LSD production from it...(see study concerning it in post #7 above) will be consuming 250ug of 1-acetaldehyde LSD tonight, as it has been 2 weeks. I've taken this over 15 times now, spaced 2 weeks apart. New update: no mint needed, simply soak 2 to 3 x 100ug LSD blotters in 1/2 shot of cold sherry wine for 3 hours in fridge, with swirling of shot glass x once per hour, then consume after 3 hours. Zero anxiety experience, fantastic deep headspace with prominent out of this world neon colors not seen on LSD, way more colorful than LSD, stronger visual trip. No choppiness to visuals, but flowing instead, slow relaxing come up like with mescaline & lasts longer than LSD, music sounds even better than when on LSD. Leave shot glass in fridge entire 3 hours as acetaldehyde in the sherry wine boils off at room temp.

A $9 wine preserver canister can be bought at Amazon which contains a gas mixture of argon, carbon dioxide & other inert gases which can be sprayed into an open bottle of $5 sherry wine before sealing cork to preserve the wine indefinitely, otherwise the acetaldehyde in the wine converts to acetic acid over time, giving the wine a vinegar taste. The wine preserver contains enough gas to last for years of sealing many bottles.

Below: pic of 2 planters which gave me recent early winter (super late fall) harvest of two Lots of potent fresh black hard morning glory seeds, preserving seeds in freezer to retain their high LSH & penniclavine/agroclavine & other clavines potency ndefinitely.

P.S. I've had fresh off the vine seeds trips that have rivaled LSD in transcendence & visuals & euphoria.

Jamie: "Yeah that LSH can be very visually powerful..the only time I got morning glories to work was when they were fresh..and they blew away LSD for me. I had real visions..I am thinking there was more LSH in them than LSA..all the other times I just got some euphoria and nausea."

Last edited:
@Ballz_Trippington
So is the word bologna, or “baloney” if you will. New research indicates that placing baloney on mouldy rye bread with chilled Dijon mustard, which has been preserved appropriately, has stimulating properties greater than lsd in mice, using the head twitch response.