View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New - psilocybin microdose vs. LSD?

Jules675

Greenlighter
Hello I am Jules, new here and looking to start microdosing psilocybin to treat my major depressive and anxiety order. I am looking for some guidelines in dosing; I am 5'4 and approximately 130 pounds. Most of the last 15+ years have been riddled with major depression and anxiety episodes. Anybody have any suggestions? Also thinking about Kambo. I have journeyed a number of times with Ayahuasca and have enjoyed a couple LSD journeys as well. Thoughts about Psilocybin vs. LSD? Thank you, I look forward to hearing your opinions

Jules

Hi Jules675,

I'm going to shoot this thread over to Psychedelic Drugs sub-forum, where you'll get better answers to your question. Just adjusted your title a tad so people know what assistance you need.

Good luck in your journey :)

Welcome to Bluelight!!

I def prefer mushrooms over lsd for micro dosing.
Lsd is just way to sharp and trippy IMO för that.
A 0,2g mushroom cap i dont even feel, it just puts me in a nice flow state.

The only time i do acid is at raves or similar where i like the psychelic push it gives.

I would prefer the opposite, but I think it's just a matter of personal preference..

Personally I've dealt with Bi-Polar most of my life. Psychedlics literally saved my life, every time i start slipping into that state I usually dose a Tryptamine preferably Mushrooms (contains 4-HO-DMT) or will use Psilocetin (also called 4-AcO-DMT) they are both very similar drugs and are interchangeable for this is purpose.

Im more into taking a high enough dose for a full on trip. I go on these refreshing soul cleaning transcendent experiences bi-weekly or at certain times every seven days. This amount of tripping isn't for everyone but I have the experience level step into the other realms and bring back my universal truths without complication.

I've used a plethora of different a psychedlics and would never leave this path. The are the most healing and loving substances on the planet. And they are meant for us human beings to evolve into our next level of existence. The connection you feel to the collective consiousness is a taste of what ia possible, it's made out of love and our true home.

I've found Mushrooms and other Tryptamines to be perfect for spiritual practice. When I eat them and sit and nature I've realized that we are all one being and every animal, plants, tree's and beyond all came from Stardust. This is why the human race needs to change our path and treat ourselves and our home (the earth) with more respect and love. As of now most of society is blinded from the truth and brainwashed by confused leaders.

If everyone able has a chance to experience the psychedelic healing and bring back the lessons they learned the world would be a much better place. We all have to take part in trying to educate are brothers and sisters of this world to give nature a chance. The mushrooms and other plant medicines were put here for a reason, the neurotransmitters in our brain are meant to accept these compounds. They are alive just like us, and if you accept them as sacraments your life will change in many positive ways. But it also requires you to spend the time integrating during the period between trips. And here at Bluelight is a great place to speak your mind. We all are just like you, embrace our community here in the PD sub-forum.

Hope you feel better soon

~Charlie

^^How long have you been dosing at that frequency? I’ve noticed over the years my experiences tend to be more therapeutic when enough time has elapsed between each one, that said I’m also not battling bipolar.

I have used microdosed DMT in the past to help break out of stubborn depressive episodes, to very good effect. I find DMT, mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT, are better microdosed for depression/anxiety type conditions. Whereas LSD seems better for creative thinking, stimulation, faster processing, better multi tasking, etc.

I personally don’t think it’s wise for most people to dose every few days unless it’s the beginning of starting your regimen or your condition is pretty bad.

Always read the psychedelic and what it’s telling you, you’ll know if you listen whether more or less frequent use is for you OP.

-GC

I've been tripping for about 20 years now but have been forced on breaks Years at a time when I was locked up and stopped. When i returned I've always picked back up to where i was quickly. Your right in the fact that dosing at my level isn't for everyone. I'm quite and eccentric person and truly believe that if I was born in the age of the Maya i would have been a shaman.

I've helped alot people throughout my life and have seen the results. I believe in my path and what these substances can do for people. This summer though I have been using phenethylamines (2C-E, 2C-C and 2C-EF) the majority of the time but ive thrown some Tryptamines in the mix a few times here and there like (4-HO-EPT, 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-DET) which are substances with incredible healing properties and the ability to show you this reality as it truly is.

The afterglow from those easily lasts 3 days and im floating on cloud 9. Really hope that people out there get inspired by the messages we spread in PD. Over the years our medicines have grown to be recognized by the medical establishment as therapeutic tools. Back when started this way of life I would have never thought that to be possible.

Humans have known this for thousands of years. The real downfall of a nature/cosmos/connected based spirituality was the formation of organized religion. It is a method to control people as is the governments we have full of liars and thieves. There is another alternative and if embraced by the masses will elevate the human race to the next plane of existense and the wars and trauma we have caused with this disconnection from our mother earth we have created will end.

I'm just a dreamer and hope that someday i will see all of us working together. We can make this world a better place, but you need to fix yourself first, these compounds can help but it also takes an open mind to accept we are part of something bigger than the human mind can fathom. I've watched the creation of our universe on high doses of dissociatives. From the big bang and expansion to the formations of galaxies and planets. It showed me how this goes on forever. And there are infinite universes all with variations, as in you making different choices with all possible outcomes. It truly is a remarkable situation we find ourselves in. At the center of our galaxy is a massive black hole, when travelled through we will enter another universe that as I mentioned is a replica with slight changes.

There is no end to this because as you enter that galaxies black hole you jump into yet another, this goes on forever. And it's comforting to know that there is truly no end, life and death are just part of the journey, and the collective consiousness creates us as a means to explore all possible experiences.

We want to know love and happiness but the other side of the coin is sorrow and it's also necessary. Some people call it God, but in reality we are all part of it, and a piece which is important. Be grateful you have this opprotunity to explore the world because eventually we all go back. But who knows maybe the process keeps repeating like the universe appears to and we all will live again, an infinite amount of lives with endless possibilities. Love all you guys and hope all is well with you and yoyr loved ones, these are my beliefs and if you dont share them it's okay, but if you do i would love to talk with you so send a PM, take care.

~Charlie

Last edited:
IMO lsd will never cure depression but when i did shrooms a few times anxiety and depression where completely cured. Take some mushrooms with a psychedelic dose first before microdosing.

just cooked up 125g of mushrooms and split it between 3 people. I reckon we are in for a ride, how'ver if things change, i will update accordingly. Formal kindness and loves from the central globe sphere, Shroomdog

Hello I am Jules, new here and looking to start microdosing psilocybin to treat my major depressive and anxiety order. I am looking for some guidelines in dosing; I am 5'4 and approximately 130 pounds. Most of the last 15+ years have been riddled with major depression and anxiety episodes. Anybody have any suggestions? Also thinking about Kambo. I have journeyed a number of times with Ayahuasca and have enjoyed a couple LSD journeys as well. Thoughts about Psilocybin vs. LSD? Thank you, I look forward to hearing your opinions

Jules
Hey mate wishing you a very warm welcome here. Im pretty new also but this forum has been such a lovely, homely, inviting, accepting and accomodating forum since I joined.

This is so interesting to me personally right now seeing similar or identical questions to yours and many other questions being asked all over the place in relation to this emerging subject of microdosing.

My 69 year old mum just started microdosing this week and after just two doses she has already been profoundly changed for the absolute better after many many years of being stuck in a negative oppressed traumatic state without even being conscious of it.

She looks different sounds different behaves different and proclaims the feel radically different in a very positive manner and free from pain for the first time in many years.

Anyway, I hope I'm allowed to do this because it is absolutely in the best interest of what we are contributing here for and harm reduction and spreading useful information etc but here is a link to an almost identical question on another forum which I just happened to be reading earlier and may be of interest and relevance to you:

Real good luck with it and I hope we get to here ear some positive testimony from you at some point, welcome to Bluelight!

IMO lsd will never cure depression but when i did shrooms a few times anxiety and depression where completely cured. Take some mushrooms with a psychedelic dose first before microdosing.
I dont have a fraction of your experience or knowledge on this or substances in general, and I totally respect your experience and opinion.

However, I wonder if Lsd could work much more powerfully and fully for somebody else's depression?
Despite it not being the right tool for you which you needed at that time. But I understand why you say this and I'm not at all surprised you had this experience which matches with what I would possibly expect to hear from many different people actually.

Shrooms simply offer a more instant, direct route to the underlying emotional problem, IMO.

With Lsd you can actually quite easily take a fun detour in a state of hysteria, and just hang out on the other side of town. In this sense I think Mushrooms are far less recreational and much more oriented towards self-improvement and the identification and freeing of inner shackles.

A lot of people say they don't like shrooms. I think in some cases that is partly because they don't like themselves lol!

I think it is probably a little easier to turn a blind eye with Lsd, or at least when confronted with the unnerving image in the mirror, to not be so consumed and disturbed by it.

So I would reason that Mushrooms have a greater potential for truly unlocking the depths of the psyche, not without work and pain, as such is healing.

But I also feel Lsd can be a very powerful and effective tool all to help people release and overcome depression to a greater extent than others such as yourself depending on the individual and and requirements.

I dont have a fraction of your experience or knowledge on this or substances in general, and I totally respect your experience and opinion.

However, I wonder if Lsd could work much more powerfully and fully for somebody else's depression?
Despite it not being the right tool for you which you needed at that time. But I understand why you say this and I'm not at all surprised you had this experience which matches with what I would possibly expect to hear from many different people actually.

Shrooms simply offer a more instant, direct route to the underlying emotional problem, IMO.

With Lsd you can actually quite easily take a fun detour in a state of hysteria, and just hang out on the other side of town. In this sense I think Mushrooms are far less recreational and much more oriented towards self-improvement and the identification and freeing of inner shackles.

A lot of people say they don't like shrooms. I think in some cases that is partly because they don't like themselves lol!

I think it is probably a little easier to turn a blind eye with Lsd, or at least when confronted with the unnerving image in the mirror, to not be so consumed and disturbed by it.

So I would reason that Mushrooms have a greater potential for truly unlocking the depths of the psyche, not without work and pain, as such is healing.

But I also feel Lsd can be a very powerful and effective tool all to help people release and overcome depression to a greater extent than others such as yourself depending on the individual and and requirements.
LSD helped me with other things and has shown me some very crazy out of the world things at 1000ug including my own future death my own birth and events that have come true over the years which still boogles my mind. LSD showed me the ultimate and reality and took me into the spiritual path but i was still depressed til i took shrooms and cleared my emotional problems these days i use LSD personally for a spiritual recreantional trip travelling through other dimesions in pure darkness with music at dose around 500 ug. If you reach the divine love on acid and surrender you can pretty much feel in pure bliss for hours and hours til you come down which is amazing. For shrooms it connects to me the inner roots of humanity of our animal primal side brings me alot of empathy for life and nature and i feel like it causes more neurogensis than LSD. Shrooms will also show you crazy things but in all psychedelics including research chemicals all lead to the same final place on their heroic doses which is self-realzation waking up to your own divine nature of been part of the infinite ultimate reality than the only word that is fitting is GOD.

I prefer LSD myself but I guess is a personal thing. If you can get both and test what do you prefer. DOC is great for microdosing too and pretty safe to dosage if you go the volumetric dosing route.

doc_summary1.jpg
I just did.