• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Moms Sue Hospitals, Claiming Bagels with Poppy Seeds Led to Failed Drug Tests

Urgh, I live in UK and if someone breaks into your house with a weapon (guns aren't a thing here except very very rare occasions...but like say a knife or blunt object or whatever) and threatens you or your family and you use more than what police consider "reasonable force" to restrain or make them leave...YOU can go to jail GBH or aggravated assault or whatever

So fucking stupid. If someone breaks into your house with the clear intent to harm you or your loved ones you should be able to kill them. I would. If someone comes in MY house with a weapon, I'm killing their ass IMMEDIATELY.
Bet you never thought only having one hand would work in your favour. You play the disabled card, beat them senseless and everyone thinks, "disabled person, I can understand".
Having a 30kV Walton Cockcroft voltage multiplier might somewhat really test that therory

Bet you never thought only having one hand would work in your favour. You play the disabled card, beat them senseless and everyone thinks, "disabled person, I can understand".
Having a 30kV Walton Cockcroft voltage multiplier might somewhat really test that therory

I have no idea what that thing is? Like, a taser/stun-gun? Also, super-illegal here! I shit you not, after I was raped while homeless I got myself some pepper spray to carry around. POLICE CONFISCATED IT because even pepper spray is illegal as it's a Class (2 or 3, I don't remember) Firearm. :/
I was like...uh...can I chew a ghost pepper and spit it in an attackers eyes?

I'm classed as disabled, so I could play that card, I guess? Either way, my 5 year old niece lives with us 3 days a week. If someone breaks in while she's here I'm gonna get turn into Stabitha the Knifey-Wifey REAL fuckin' quick [making sure she's not looking, 'cause...trauma].

The idea that someone can assault you or your family - in any part of the world - after forcibly breaking into your home and YOU could go to prison for maiming them or THEY could SUCCESSFULLY sue YOU is.......my brain is sad-mad about it. It just doesn't make any sense.

Maybe I am reading this article different from everyone else.

Drug testing new Mothers presenting at hospital for the birth of their baby is standard operating procedure. In almost all 50 states a urine test will look for not only illegal drugs but anything else that might complicate the birth. The Moms are told about this so it isn't on the sly. It's mandatory in almost all hospitals.

If drugs are detected they make the newborn comfortable ( if needed ) and try and find out how bad the Moms habit is. If it's bad they set up intervention so that she can get clean and take her baby home. If it's a one off because she got scared and nervous about childbirth and took a valium or something it is usually overlooked. Don't forget.....they also draw blood on Moms before they give birth as the Rh factor of the Moms blood and the babys blood plays a role. Blood and urine tell them all they need to know and they only want to know for the best care and well being of the infant.

The poppy seed chick had a false positive and 12 hours later it was determined that everything was fine and her and her baby went home. She says she was mortified to have to pee in front of a stranger but sticking your legs up in stirrups didn't seem to bother her. She says she now feels just awful about hospitals. Get over it honey. If you were as smart as you think you are you would have known that all Moms are screened before childbirth and sometimes UA's give a false positive. All you had to do is get a retest ( which she did ) and all was well. Now she wants to scream and yell that she was violated and will never be the same again. Give me a break.

I didn't read the article (because I'm ignorant and like to vomit my opinion all over without informing myself of the facts ;))

^kidding, (I really didn't read it though), but also, I didn't comment on the article....and I know this wasn't aimed at me lol :)

I don't see how drug-testing a mother presenting at the hospital for child-birth could be a good determining fact RE: the baby and withdrawal. Say the mother tests positive for opioids because she took a co-codamol (tylenol 2, to the Americans) for (I dunno, back pain? A migraine? whatever) and she occasionally takes it, but only occasionally and even less often since pregnancy.
The baby isn't gonna be in withdrawal from the mother taking ONE pill with 8mg of codeine in it that one time....but also that could get her arrested? Or authorities involved?

I have no idea what that thing is? Like, a taser/stun-gun? Also, super-illegal here! I shit you not, after I was raped while homeless I got myself some pepper spray to carry around. POLICE CONFISCATED IT because even pepper spray is illegal as it's a Class (2 or 3, I don't remember) Firearm. :/
I was like...uh...can I chew a ghost pepper and spit it in an attackers eyes?

I'm classed as disabled, so I could play that card, I guess? Either way, my 5 year old niece lives with us 3 days a week. If someone breaks in while she's here I'm gonna get turn into Stabitha the Knifey-Wifey REAL fuckin' quick [making sure she's not looking, 'cause...trauma].

The idea that someone can assault you or your family - in any part of the world - after forcibly breaking into your home and YOU could go to prison for maiming them or THEY could SUCCESSFULLY sue YOU is.......my brain is sad-mad about it. It just doesn't make any sense.
My mate often comments that he has a full workshop, where between the two of us we could make someone disappear (as in, 'without trace')

Urgh, I live in UK and if someone breaks into your house with a weapon (guns aren't a thing here except very very rare occasions...but like say a knife or blunt object or whatever) and threatens you or your family and you use more than what police consider "reasonable force" to restrain or make them leave...YOU can go to jail GBH or aggravated assault or whatever

So fucking stupid. If someone breaks into your house with the clear intent to harm you or your loved ones you should be able to kill them. I would. If someone comes in MY house with a weapon, I'm killing their ass IMMEDIATELY.
I think that would absolutely be classed as self-defence.
I myself would have zero compunction if I thought my life or that of a family member was at risk, as I don't think most people would.

I think a clear differentiation however needs to be made between killing someone when you're literally being threatened or attacked, and cases like this one a few years ago where some farmer shot a petty thief who had broken into his house. The thief on hearing the owner return immediately legged it; there was no confrontation, but the farmer found it necessary to shoot him in the back AS HE WAS RUNNING AWAY. Now of course burglary is a crime but to me that's still murder as there's no way you can legitimately count that as 'self-defence'.

Last edited:
I think that would absolutely be classed as self-defense.
I myself would have zero compunction if I thought my life or that of a family member was at risk, as I don't think most people would.

I think a clear differentiation however needs to be made between killing someone when you're literally being threatened or attacked, and cases like this one a few years ago where some farmer shot a petty thief who had broken into his house. The thief on hearing the owner return immediately legged it; there was no confrontation, but the farmer found it necessary to shoot him in the back AS HE WAS RUNNING AWAY. Now of course burglary is a crime but to me that's still murder as there's no way you can legitimately count that as 'self-defence'.

As we all know, farmers are a fuckin rule amongst themselves. The only section of British society that can bear arms at will and get away with it.

I think that would absolutely be classed as self-defense.

Completely agree with everything you said here.

Pigs are actually very gentle creatures ye know. They take a lot of training to make them aggressive.
Yeah, but they will eat anything you throw in with them. All the premier league serial Killers have a pig farm (yes, hydrofluoric acid will dissolve everything, but as shown in an episode of 'Breaking Bad', it will eat through anything other than polypropylene and polyethylene (and is fucking expensive!)

How did we go from poppy seed bagels to angry pigs devouring human bodies?

That BB episode where the bathtub comes crashing down through the floor onto the 1st level is epic. Jesse buys the wrong containers so thinks the bathtub is safe.

Too funny.

Yeah, but they will eat anything you throw in with them. All the premier league serial Killers have a pig farm (yes, hydrofluoric acid will dissolve everything, but as shown in an episode of 'Breaking Bad', it will eat through anything other than polypropylene and polyethylene (and is fucking expensive!)
It's true they will eat anything but people seem to think if you fall into a pig pen they will devour you and that's not the case. I've a friend who keeps pigs and they're more likely to lay down beside you to snuggle you than kill you. Of course if you chopped someone into pieces and threw them into their trough they would eat it.

As to the acid, it dissolves but the smell is fucking awful. You'd smell it from pretty far away if there was a stiff breeze.

Also @Nurse Ratched I've no idea how we got onto this but it does interest me haha!

How did we go from poppy seed bagels to angry pigs devouring human bodies?

That BB episode where the bathtub comes crashing down through the floor onto the 1st level is epic. Jesse buys the wrong containers so thinks the bathtub is safe.

Too funny.
It's the modern state of chaos brought about from shite governments.
Of course, if they really want to get serious, they will declare fentanyl, carfentanyl as chemical warfare agents and anyone found with some, a terrorist (3-quinuclidynol, which when esterified with benzylic acid, produces BZ, is labelled as a chemical weapon precursor.) Surprised that lysergic acid isn't restricted as a precursor for a chemical weapon, rather than a drug precursor, as it would allow much more OTT raids etc

I love everything about this! No worries; my ex MIL got everything she wanted, didn’t she? The boy (he’s not a man where his mother is concerned, always hiding behind his mom’s skirts) and I divorced, after all. He always used to take her side against mine. And now? THEY don’t get along, either, because once his mom successfully aided in breaking us up, she had nothing better to do than to meddle in HIS life, so…I guess all’s well that ends well, yeah? I’m with a guy who has enough strength of personality to handle a strong independent woman, and we’re madly in love. Meanwhile the ex needs to pay for the female company that he keeps…and my girls are with me. I’m satisfied :)

Karma is a bitch, yo

Furthermore. I had Demerol when I was in the hospital giving birth to mine, so I’m assuming that it’s still common practice to administer opiates to people in labor…and I really don’t understand why they’d do this, testing the urine for drugs thing, unless it had some stupid “war on drugs” reason? Or maybe someone in THEIR lives was trying to get them in trouble for….reasons? Also, if they truly were abusing drugs during their pregnancies, wouldn’t the infant show signs of it? Nothing about this makes sense!!! :facepalm:
I'm trying so hard to remember. Oh yes I remember where I heard it. From a woman who "didn't want to hurt my feelings." I won't go further.
The sheer dumbassness of people with this mentality really has its moments of trying my tolerance of said people. Sadly, it's everyone I know but one person who is basically straddling a fence.
Partly my fear of causing problems for my friends by simply having them. So I choose not to have them. Outside of people I've been long time associated with.
Why do people worship my drug use? Why don't I worship their pride, or their stupidity, or their crap I don't know. Something in their life. Their husband, perhaps.
I really really couldn't resist that. It sure does beat worshipping my smoking, though. So what went wrong at the csection anyway? Whose idea, who paid who, and so on? Nah, just joshing, I'm sure it was nothing but an accident.
How did that get justified? I have an idea - maybe because I chose to let child 1 stay with my parents while I was forced to serve my idol for 7 years. Decision made based on parent 1s begging and parent 2s vomiting out of fear concerning finances and details of their life that wouldn't be ok without my child.
Been regarded as a horrible mother who doesn't want her children and blah blah blah ever since. And does said accuser believe it? Possibly. We are all wired differently and therefore perceive differently. If you think everyone is guilty until proven innocent though, you might have a guilt issue. But you might have just been really really screwed-over countless times. So, glad God knows the hearts of men, and glad I know God. Else my judgement would have me spending years fighting someone who was never an enemy, or really a threat - though may have become one along the way because God is so good at loving us esp when no one else really does.
So for the record and with my salvation pending my honesty, this is how my drug use (legal drugs disguised as food and beverages to get rich off of mass addictions not included) looked before and during pregnancies.
Child 1: when I thought I MAY be pregnant, I literally took 1 sip of an alcoholic drink in someone's car in my granny's driveway. I was like 14. That's all. No more.
My last few visits to my Dr prior to the emergency c section, consisted of them expressing much concern around the fact that his head was up instead of down. I get it, he can't come out with his head up. But rather than waiting and giving him time, they literally took their fingers and pushed his head in order to position him rightly. And then when they tried to induce labor, they realized they were losing his pulse regularly and repositioning me didn't help. So it turns out that the finger pushing method actually has a statistic for percentage of cases wherein mental handicaps occur due to the loss of oxygen to the developing brain that results from pushing baby around and tangling them up in the umbilical cords. Not suing the Dr in either case of my children but I sure do not like that man anymore. Or his office. Or anything surrounding it or hinting towards it. No shit.
Child 2: I was alcoholically buzzed when I took my pregnancy test. We were cooking out and not working that day I do recall. I was drinking (something I'm not crazy about but I did it) so I wanted to make sure before I kept drinking. Making sure went the wrong direction. Lol I didn't drink anymore for probably years. This c section was scheduled, it wasn't emergency. So the rest goes without saying. Man, I still don't feel right from that healing. Whatever went wrong got rightted and made me feel like crap. Opposite of what you'd expect. But it's been a very, long, time. For ones body to try to adjust, etc.