• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New Moms Sue Hospitals, Claiming Bagels with Poppy Seeds Led to Failed Drug Tests

Er, question my apparent ignorance, but seeing
1) childbirth is one of the most painful experiences that doesn't instigate a state of shock, so drugs that control pain seem a good idea
2) aren't hospitals employers of those painfully reclusive people who investigate the effects of drugs, (I think they're called pharmacologist!(
3) it's far from the first time such a thing has happened *Angela Rippon had her case highlighted by 'Top Gear' (I'd love to say that was a well thought out play on words), so who are te fucking megaminds who didn't correlate bagels with positive tests?

And as a final comment, never been tempted to buy some pungent drugs, leave them behind say a radiator, then contact social services and explain you don't feel comfortable leaving your child with their grandparents who's house always seems to be full of dodgy druggies. Of course, the case wouldn't reach the courts, but once all the hoo-ha has died down, initiate a conversation, full of faux sympathies, explaining that you also have been the victim of some sack of shit telling lies to social services (implying you have no idea which sick twat would lie about such a thing), with a final, "they seem to think there is no smoke without fire" and that it would have been so much more serious if they had found a sizeable stash of drugs (if needs be).

Hell, you said she hates you, so what have you got to lose, short of xmas/birthday cards with thinly veiled contempt. Best to do it at a big family gathering (if you can do it without grinning like a village idiot, while sympathising with the ordeal she has just suffered.

A "anything you can do, I can do in a much more coordinated and vindictive way" hinting you'd be willing to give up every treat in your life, for months if needed, if she didn't just fuck off, in order to insure they found a shitload of drugs.

My wife's younger sister, who has Hyacinth Bucket tendancies and sometimes made frankly quite insulting comments about my wife (well g/f at the time) mental health. I knew how she could really put the boot in, by getting married in a 13th century castle, with OTT snobbery. Knowing my wife had spent her life not letting such comments really upset her, I decided I'd rather just spend £12k on a second hand car, rather than twice as much on a snobmobile. I never got upset when we visited, but when I told her, on our honeymoon, she pissed herself laughing at a dish served cold (revenge); smoked salmon, in this case! 🤣

I may look like a bit of a simple hippie, but I explained, hurt her, in any way, and I'd take it like it had been a personal attack on me. Fuck with my family and I WILL take it personally, even from In Laws... (my little sister later told my wife that I had been practicing being a twat from her earliest memories. I can make my sister's life a pain, when we were little, but any other fucker try it and I'd find a way to make their lives a misery - this was back when I had two hands and somewhat lacked finesse, choosing instead to just hit them with a piece of wood, or kick the back of their knees as hard as I could, while on a concrete floor.

Last edited:
Er, question my apparent ignorance, but seeing
1) childbirth is one of the most painful experiences that doesn't instigate a state of shock, so drugs that control pain seem a good idea
2) aren't hospitals employers of those painfully reclusive people who investigate the effects of drugs, (I think they're called pharmacologist!(
3) it's far from the first time such a thing has happened *Angela Rippon had her case highlighted by 'Top Gear' (I'd love to say that was a well thought out play on words), so who are te fucking megaminds who didn't correlate bagels with positive tests?

And as a final comment, never been tempted to buy some pungent drugs, leave them behind say a radiator, then contact social services and explain you don't feel comfortable leaving your child with their grandparents who's house always seems to be full of dodgy druggies. Of course, the case wouldn't reach the courts, but once all the hoo-ha has died down, initiate a conversation, full of faux sympathies, explaining that you also have been the victim of some sack of shit telling lies to social services (implying you have no idea which sick twat would lie about such a thing), with a final, "they seem to think there is no smoke without fire" and that it would have been so much more serious if they had found a sizeable stash of drugs (if needs be).

Hell, you said she hates you, so what have you got to lose, short of xmas/birthday cards with thinly veiled contempt. Best to do it at a big family gathering (if you can do it without grinning like a village idiot, while sympathising with the ordeal she has just suffered.

A "anything you can do, I can do in a much more coordinated and vindictive way" hinting you'd be willing to give up every treat in your life, for months if needed, if she didn't just fuck off, in order to insure they found a shitload of drugs.

My wife's younger sister, who has Hyacinth Bucket tendancies and sometimes made frankly quite insulting comments about my wife (well g/f at the time) mental health. I knew how she could really put the boot in, by getting married in a 13th century castle, with OTT snobbery. Knowing my wife had spent her life not letting such comments really upset her, I decided I'd rather just spend £12k on a second hand car, rather than twice as much on a snobmobile. I never got upset when we visited, but when I told her, on our honeymoon, she pissed herself laughing at a dish served cold (revenge); smoked salmon, in this case! 🤣

I may look like a bit of a simple hippie, but I explained, hurt her, in any way, and I'd take it like it had been a personal attack on me. Fuck with my family and I WILL take it personally, even from In Laws... (my little sister later told my wife that I had been practicing being a twat from her earliest memories. I can make my sister's life a pain, when we were little, but any other fucker try it and I'd find a way to make their lives a misery - this was back when I had two hands and somewhat lacked finesse, choosing instead to just hit them with a piece of wood, or kick the back of their knees as hard as I could, while on a concrete floor.
I love everything about this! No worries; my ex MIL got everything she wanted, didn’t she? The boy (he’s not a man where his mother is concerned, always hiding behind his mom’s skirts) and I divorced, after all. He always used to take her side against mine. And now? THEY don’t get along, either, because once his mom successfully aided in breaking us up, she had nothing better to do than to meddle in HIS life, so…I guess all’s well that ends well, yeah? I’m with a guy who has enough strength of personality to handle a strong independent woman, and we’re madly in love. Meanwhile the ex needs to pay for the female company that he keeps…and my girls are with me. I’m satisfied :)

Karma is a bitch, yo

Furthermore. I had Demerol when I was in the hospital giving birth to mine, so I’m assuming that it’s still common practice to administer opiates to people in labor…and I really don’t understand why they’d do this, testing the urine for drugs thing, unless it had some stupid “war on drugs” reason? Or maybe someone in THEIR lives was trying to get them in trouble for….reasons? Also, if they truly were abusing drugs during their pregnancies, wouldn’t the infant show signs of it? Nothing about this makes sense!!! :facepalm:

The irony is that the muffins were provided by the hospital in their breakfast, LOL :unsure:

I love everything about this! No worries; my ex MIL got everything she wanted, didn’t she? The boy (he’s not a man where his mother is concerned, always hiding behind his mom’s skirts) and I divorced, after all. He always used to take her side against mine. And now? THEY don’t get along, either, because once his mom successfully aided in breaking us up, she had nothing better to do than to meddle in HIS life, so…I guess all’s well that ends well, yeah? I’m with a guy who has enough strength of personality to handle a strong independent woman, and we’re madly in love. Meanwhile the ex needs to pay for the female company that he keeps…and my girls are with me. I’m satisfied :)

Karma is a bitch, yo

Furthermore. I had Demerol when I was in the hospital giving birth to mine, so I’m assuming that it’s still common practice to administer opiates to people in labor…and I really don’t understand why they’d do this, testing the urine for drugs thing, unless it had some stupid “war on drugs” reason? Or maybe someone in THEIR lives was trying to get them in trouble for….reasons? Also, if they truly were abusing drugs during their pregnancies, wouldn’t the infant show signs of it? Nothing about this makes sense!!! :facepalm:
Stupid 'War on Drugs' stands out as the most likely arsehole reason for such testing (don't get me started on the idiocy of most doctors, when it comes to pharmacology, especially psychopharmacology)

And yes, karma is a bitch

you don't have any rights in NJ because NJ knows what's best for you

it's a police state - they can do whatever they want

they will pull you over for a license plate light being out, make you tell them where you're going, and search your car

and then the next block over, they're doing sobrierty checks with a dog sniffing your car - and then they pull everything out of your car and leave you to clean it up

that's NJ

if somebody breaks into your house in NJ and you shoot them, you're going to jail

states-design-01.png

and as you can see, im not the only one who thinks that

HA 48 go figure but colorado being 2.... idk about that, the food sucks there.

Its true is colorado didn't have legal weed and you don't ski, it sucks there... IDGAF what you have to say I lived there and its difficult cause you wanna do outdoor things but asthma and the high altitude fucked me. The food sucked and the people were just straight up slow, liking talking and moving.

Last edited:
Maybe I am reading this article different from everyone else.

Drug testing new Mothers presenting at hospital for the birth of their baby is standard operating procedure. In almost all 50 states a urine test will look for not only illegal drugs but anything else that might complicate the birth. The Moms are told about this so it isn't on the sly. It's mandatory in almost all hospitals.

If drugs are detected they make the newborn comfortable ( if needed ) and try and find out how bad the Moms habit is. If it's bad they set up intervention so that she can get clean and take her baby home. If it's a one off because she got scared and nervous about childbirth and took a valium or something it is usually overlooked. Don't forget.....they also draw blood on Moms before they give birth as the Rh factor of the Moms blood and the babys blood plays a role. Blood and urine tell them all they need to know and they only want to know for the best care and well being of the infant.

The poppy seed chick had a false positive and 12 hours later it was determined that everything was fine and her and her baby went home. She says she was mortified to have to pee in front of a stranger but sticking your legs up in stirrups didn't seem to bother her. She says she now feels just awful about hospitals. Get over it honey. If you were as smart as you think you are you would have known that all Moms are screened before childbirth and sometimes UA's give a false positive. All you had to do is get a retest ( which she did ) and all was well. Now she wants to scream and yell that she was violated and will never be the same again. Give me a break.

if somebody breaks into your house in NJ and you shoot them, you're going to jail

Urgh, I live in UK and if someone breaks into your house with a weapon (guns aren't a thing here except very very rare occasions...but like say a knife or blunt object or whatever) and threatens you or your family and you use more than what police consider "reasonable force" to restrain or make them leave...YOU can go to jail GBH or aggravated assault or whatever

So fucking stupid. If someone breaks into your house with the clear intent to harm you or your loved ones you should be able to kill them. I would. If someone comes in MY house with a weapon, I'm killing their ass IMMEDIATELY.

Bit off topic but yeah..........not every State has a " stand your ground " law. Stand your ground gives you much more leeway in how you can react and what you can do if confronted.

Most States are pretty much of the mindset that you can defend yourself provided you are being threatened " and danger ( bodily harm or death ) to you or someone else is imminent. If someone breaks in your house and just stands there and yells " Fuck you " over and over and stomps their feet and throws a stuffed animal at you and you shoot and kill them you will go to jail and be prosecuted and go to prison. If they point a gun at you ( even an unloaded one ) and you shoot and kill them you are fine.

We can't shoot people that are fleeing........in other words even if he takes a shot at you ( and misses ) and then turns and runs away you can't shoot them. The key to always remember is that you can only kill someone if it can be proved that unless you took their life....they were going to take yours. And you better be able to prove it. Otherwise you may find yourself in prison. People think that they can just shoot someone if they are on their property or even in their house and that's why so many people go to prison. They don't take the time to read the LAW. If you don't live in a " Stand your ground " State then self defense can get very complicated and if you don't know what you can, and can't do you will have lots of time behind bars to think about it.

this aint Florida or Texas
when you get off the plane then hand you a gun and instruct you to SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LATER