View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New FRANK adverts from the UK home office

weirdfish

Bluelighter
I despair.

The second one is just bizarre.

Apologies if these have already been posted somewhere.

"Buying a wrap?" I do wonder where they do there research etc these days, a wrap of what/ could mean anything oh well..

Well, thanks to those ads, I am no longer confused about drugs.
Good thing they spent their money wisely.

That first one is brilliant. Not as an anti-drugs advert or anything it's just a nice pun.

Now was that a lamb or pork joint. If the latter I would have smoked it, over some oak chips.

Both of those adverts suck, especially the second one. They're a complete waste of money in my opinion and aren't helpful in any way.

I totally agree old chap, total bollocks innit!?@ (did i manage to come across as sounding British there?)

I get tax-raped almost a grand a month in 'deductions' to pay for shit like this?!

NORML have an article on the first video: http://www.norml-uk.org/2013/01/talk-to-frank-insults-the-intelligence-of-cannabis-consumers/

Both of those adverts suck, especially the second one. They're a complete waste of money in my opinion and aren't helpful in any way.

Although I think the adverts were pointless that article has the wrong idea.

Its not saying weed smokers get cannabis confused with meat. It's on about people being confused about drugs. Hence these guys passing a joint of meat around a party.

I don't get the first one at all but the 2nd one looks more like a promotional ad for drugs. Visits to the shop are more interesting when the shopkeepers high.

That first one is brilliant. Not as an anti-drugs advert or anything it's just a nice pun.

Now I get it. I thought they were just so high that they were passing around a cows leg and found it interesting.

They have a live chat on their site between 2PM-6PM:
http://www.talktofrank.com/livechat
I'm gonna go on there and see what kind of advise they can give me lol.

Last edited:
I actually thought these were quite good. They are not trying to preach or lecture, just trying to be seen and let people know that frank exists.

Generally frank is pretty good considering that it is largely government funded.

I thought the first one was meant to be a metaphor about how drugs are passed around so many peoples before they reach the customer.

But no, it was a pun on the word "joint"

I actually thought these were quite good. They are not trying to preach or lecture, just trying to be seen and let people know that frank exists.

Generally frank is pretty good considering that it is largely government funded.

Pretty good compared to what, Reefer Madness? They're not telling people that they can identify cannabis users by looking for semen stains which they have on their pants from constantly masturbating when they can't find a rape victim, its pretty hard to beat the anti-drug drug propaganda from the 60s and 70s but its still ridiculous, anti-drug propaganda.

They have a live chat on their site between 2PM-6PM:
http://www.talktofrank.com/livechat
I'm gonna go on there and see what kind of advise they can give me lol.

I went to 'talk' to frank, but he wasn't online, I have no idea when 2pm-6pm is over in the UK.. Anyway some of the 'stories' on the frank site are the usual shit -

SMOKING SKUNK

My son was a boxer went to college had a girlfriend, and everything has ended. You know why, because of skunk. That horrible smelly disgusting weed which all you young people think its great to smoke. Think again before it ruins your life, your family life. My poor son who is now lookingat a 60 pound habit, has to have one in the morning, doesnt eat, just looking for his next smoke. He is like a walking skeleton. And the dirty scumbage dealers who prey on the young addicts so they will sell drugs for them and in return a bag of weed. Before you try it, think of your family, your home, your life and what your going to lose. I am losing my son and he is just a pathetic form of human life. Dont ever try it, never ever try it, or you will be lost forever and destroyed your family

http://www.talktofrank.com/story/smoking-skunk

cheers, that's just makes it more confusing tho, as im in Australia..

But i just worked out I can ask google what time it is in England and it tells me lol..

8:54 PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 (GMT)
Time in England, UK

I only missed the live chat by 3 hrs or so hehe

I had a feeling you were in Australia for some reason. I missed it by an hour today, I have a load of questions lined up.