• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

new Florida law, blanket ban bans any RC that can be made inspired by a known RC

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
wasn't sure what section to post this in but PD seemed most appropriate. This was just passed this summer.

https://flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2016/Chapter893/All

This goes a step farther than the analogue act which has to prove that you are going to consume the drug to prosecute....it seems here that the drug just being similar is enough to charge you....or the fact that someone else used it to get high despite no available proof that the suspect was going to use it for that same purpose.

particularly encompassing are the passages which ban any homolouge or isomer of the drugs (pretty much every single known RC is listed)....the language basically bans any drug similar to known drugs or that "would be assumed to have similar activity"

Seems kind of like the UK's blanket ban.

i would expect federal laws to follow. In a way laws like this might help decrease the amount of fentanyl analogues killing so many people if federally passed. At that point anyone that wants won't be able to order fentanyl analogues to the US legally anymore. Mexico will still put them in though no doubt.

if federally passed, the US might see a drop in RCs since they are just as illegal as parent drugs like MDMA at that point, people will just traffic real drugs like MDMA from that point on instead of flooding the country with so many crazy RCs causing hysteria and ODs...I mean china will still produce them because they are still legal there, but perhaps they won't be so prevalent in the US anymore?

Last edited:
With every passing week, I become more and more bummed that I don't have any money to burn on building my stash. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

This might belong someplace like Drug Culture or NSADD instead though, we'll see what the other mods think.

It's really too bad.. probably the UK ban and then this represent the cutting edge of anti-drug law, that might spread more or less globally.

At the same time there is this reawakening of psychedelic research.

Changing times..

China is fucking themselves hard making theses fentanyl analouges. That is what is causing the most trouble. I wish they would leave relitely safe psychedelics like lsd and its analouges and most tyotamines alone. The are all very low abuse potential and they are self regulating. Smfh..... thank god i live in state with no restrictions

I wonder if it would help blunt the prevalence of fentanyl analogs if we boycott vendors who sell fentanyls, and wrote to vendors to ask them to stop selling them?

It might just be too profitable at this point, a vendor could split off and start a biz under a different name that only sells fentanyl analogs. There are so many OD deaths right now, it's immoral to be selling the stuff, immoral to buy it. The worst step in that chain is the guy who cuts something with it and knowingly passes it off as whatever else.

As I always like to point out, you can't blame the drug. Fent is bad, but if people knew that's what they were getting and chose to order it. That's thier choice. One of the vendors I look at has 6 different analogs, after they changed from the last 5.... I don't think the trend is stopping.

People who cut it and sell it as dope should die in a ditch with a needle to the throat. (One too many cut deaths in my area for me not to be angry)

There's nothing we can do. I sure don't support fent vendors but hell, I'm sure many of us do and are unaware. Hey guys, drugs are bad sometimes. Mkay?

Last edited:
What I'm wondering about...IF this ban catches on in other states (lets HOPE it doesn't) is whether drugs like the following will remain legal:

Phenibut, Shroom SPORES, Nitrous Oxide, Prolintane, etc.

I'd THINK most of those would stay legal right?

Phenibut is prescribed in Russia so they can say there's a medical use.

Prolintane was prescribed in the 1950s..again, medical usage.

Nitrous will stay I think, both medical usage and food usage.

Shroom spores have no psilocybin so they can't be illegal right??

I looked through the whole list and did NOT see Phenibut, Prolintane, Nitrous or Shroom spores mentioned.

I REALLY can't believe any state in the U.S. would do this and have a hard time seeing it catch on in all 50 states.

When I first heard that the UK and Australia did it I thought "ok but that won't happen in the U.S. as we are less puritanical and more into our freedoms"

Was I WRONG??

Do you guys REALLY see this bullshit catching on in all 50 states and will it ONLY attack RC drugs or all nootropics, stimulants, GABAergics, etc??

I mean RCs exist because they need to be studied right??

How can they be studied, even by scientists and doctors, if they are illegal?

Last edited:
I really do not think all 50 US states will pass laws like this. AFAIK Florida has never exactly been on the cutting edge of progress.

I really do not think all 50 US states will pass laws like this. AFAIK Florida has never exactly been on the cutting edge of progress.
Always one of the first jumping on the ban wagon too! Their law makers are obviously tried off carpal tunnel and hand cramps...;)

It's really too bad.. probably the UK ban and then this represent the cutting edge of anti-drug law, that might spread more or less globally.

At the same time there is this reawakening of psychedelic research.

Changing times..
I agree, but then look at weed, still schedule I so don't hold your breath on any real changes coming soon...IMHO.

Even Kratom will be Schedule I at the end of the month!

As I always like to point out, you can't blame the drug. Fent is bad, but if people knew that's what they were getting and chose to order it. That's thier choice. One of the vendors I look at has 6 different analogs, after they changed from the last 5.... I don't think the trend is stopping.

People who cut it and sell it as dope should die in a ditch with a needle to the throat. (One too many cut deaths in my area for me not to be angry)

I hear what you are saying. But the thing is most researchers who have expierence handling these substances know what they handeling. So they know the dose ranges and usaully know there limits.
Not saying all bonified researchers aren't irresponsible, many people who though that new what they were doing and still ended up overdosing.
But the problem at heart really lies with heroin being cut with fentanyl. And also 90% of overseas phamacys are selling fentanyl as percosets or oxys and that is very dangerous.
I live in baltimore and i have lost a good friend recently was sober, but did one 10$ bag dope and died. It just takes one slip up and your life is over. Cant count how many ods i have heard about just this month from fentanyl its horrible and the worst

Like I understand that. I also see real medical value for fent.... so there will be research. From that will come new analogs, someone will sell them. I think part of it is stepping up in your local drug community and handing out test kits and cleans... if you use, and are smart enough to post on harm reduction forums, I feel it is partially on all of us.

I guess no one wants to answer my questions so I'll make them even simple and reduce them to just Florida right now even though I don't live there:

Are Phenibut, Prolintane, Nitrous and Shroom spores illegal in Florida and do people see them ever likely to become illegal in all 50 states??

I didn't see any of them on that list.

Thanks.

I don't think mushroom spores or nitrous oxide are either illegal specifically in Florida, no. Dunno about phenibut or prolintane.

Like I understand that. I also see real medical value for fent.... so there will be research. From that will come new analogs, someone will sell them. I think part of it is stepping up in your local drug community and handing out test kits and cleans... if you use, and are smart enough to post on harm reduction forums, I feel it is partially on all of us.

I don't think there are commonly available tests that can detect fentanyl and the like, my understanding is that you need a mass spectrometer to detect in at this point.

Yes there is real medical value for fentanyl, it's used in anaesthesia all the time by trained anaesthesiologists. Everyone else should stay the fuck away...

I don't think there are commonly available tests that can detect fentanyl and the like, my understanding is that you need a mass spectrometer to detect in at this point.

Yes there is real medical value for fentanyl, it's used in anaesthesia all the time by trained anaesthesiologists. Everyone else should stay the fuck away...

its given to pain patients by prescription....as a transdermal patch

Mushroom spores are only illegal in California, Idaho and Georgia and shouldn't have anything to do with this law, they are not substances that can be abused or used as drugs directly.

Nitrous oxide is regulated by the FDA rather than the DEA and recreational use could get you in trouble because of it, but I guess it is much less 'narc enforced' - not typically in the purview of law enforcement that actively investigates in quite the same way.

Seems like it is possible for the to prosecute most drugs including phenibut and prolintane in Florida if they really want to - likely more specifically if there is an incident. Maybe the question is whether regular users of something like phenibut should really be worried since there isn't quite the same ambience of possible overdosing, criminality etc surrounding its use.

This doesn't seem like it has anything specifically to do with psychedelics and legal / local law questions are a bit borderline - although it is definitely a difference whether it is about a person seeking legal advice because of their own situation (we cannot be responsible for getting involved), or the HR value of people knowing well what is legal and illegal for them to use. So maybe OD forum?

Fentanyls are a terrible idea. For people who don't have skyrocketing tolerance it is particularly idiotic IMO, and for people who do it is probably quite bad if they get lost even further - maybe losing ability to get high on anything less potent... and some analogues have a bizarrely narrow therapeutic index even in well seasoned opioid users. I have been dependent on opioids and sure on paper superpotent compounds that may be economical and give you a lot of mileage - I mean NBOMe's could have been good if they were a lot more like lysergamides.... but in practice you just gotta admit that the theoretical concept is a bit too good to be true and you are better off ignoring the option. Fents gave me the creeps as an idea even when I was on opioids. I'd like to have made propionylated purified opium extract, that would have been swell, if it wasn't for the drug piggery and laziness. Oh well, I'm probably better off.

Last edited:
I think the largest problem with fentalogues are big dealers cutting weight with shit direct from china. I am not sure how much your average RC reseller contributes to this

I think the largest problem with fentalogues are big dealers cutting weight with shit direct from china. I am not sure how much your average RC reseller contributes to this

I mean, it's the RC production teams that make the fent analogs. Resellers generally don't touch them....

Like I said, hand out test kits, hand out cleans, hand out info. Keep your community safe.