• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
A photo series accompanying the CWE process would be great.....if anybody;s in the mood?
I'll have a quick go... sort of a shit draft at something the first 2 picks show the coffee filter the bottom layer and the Saturn material to be the top layer

it should filter quite fast especially if you use to glasses. once left for a while, carefully twist the top layer so that it all gets filtered through the material.
Step1.jpg
aqaq015.jpg
aqaq014.jpg
Pic 5 is squeezing every drop out of the top layer and pic 4 shows what you're left with(40 panadine pills), which u can rewash
aqaq013.jpg
thats the left over apap
aqaq012.jpg
aqaq011.jpg
aqaq008.jpg
i'm left with 200ml of water and thats with using 150ml for first wash then another 50ml for a second wash
asas001.jpg
i did that in 20 mins, could have got it a lot clearer if i took my time.

sorry if that seemed a little rushed, but thought i'd do it seeing as i was anyway.

Thats alot of water dude ^ maybe try the longer extract & use 80/100 ml. My process takes an hour but its always clear.

Thats alot of water dude ^ maybe try the longer extract & use 80/100 ml. My process takes an hour but its always clear.

yeah i know but i used 5 fortes in a separate extraction, which i filtered really quickly and then added it to the rest of my extraction at the end. I used 40 panadine and in the 3rd last pic you can see the cups being quite clear.

at a guess, that solution had around 1-1.5 g of apap in it. 500 from the fortes and a gram max from the panadine.... that demonstration would work for someone and give almost clear solution if ledt to filter properly.... for 40 pills i sometimes use three cups/filters to cut down on time

EDIT these are the results when done without speeding up the filtration. same method,40 pills but no second rewash/filter. 10 mins preperation...setting up filters, dissolving and cooling the solution and about 45mins to filter 100ml.... could make it quicker using three cups. sometimes i can really speed it up by using some already used micron filters.

notice the top right pic. the glass on the left has been filtered and squeezed through the boxer short material that you see on the glass next to it. it really helps to not clog your coffee filter and this is where u can waste a lot of time... sometimes i've used a layer of wet paper towel between the 2 layers to get an even clearer solution to sit in the coffee filter, thus quicker filtering. I do a re wash most times, but find that it always makes my solution cloudy no matter how good i filter it....micron filter being the exception... anyway hope this helps and i'd welcome anyone else's thoughts or advise on the filtering technique
aaaaaa005.jpg
aaaaaa006.jpg
aaaaaa007.jpg
aaaaaa008.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using Vicodin 7.5/750's. I ground the pills up into a fine dust in my coffee grinder and mixed the dust into a teacup's worth of water. I didn't stir. A large amount of sludge had congealed by the time I took the teacup back out of the freezer.

In a fit of laziness and fiending, I simply poured the liquid from the teacup into a new cup, ceasing to pour once only the sludge remained in the bottom of the first cup. Following this, I guzzled the liquid from the new cup, ceasing to drink once only a sludge layer remained at the bottom.

I have no doubt I imbibed substantial amounts of APAP. However, I only used three pills to begin with, so I wasn't too concerned. My question is: how much of the sludge is likely to be APAP, and how much is likely to be hydrocodone?

PS: It was probably a bad idea to try to perform CWE when I was already semi-fucked up off hydro, and therefore lazy and irritable. I have yet to feel much of any euphoria from any opiate after maybe 25 doses in the past year. I figure my dosing just hasn't been high enough. Even 40mg of pure Oxy snorted doesn't do too much for me.

Thank you so much for giving my vicodin script a new purpose in life

CWE: Cold Water Extraction

Concept:

The purpose of a CWE is simple: to remove harmful substances, such as acetaminophen while preserving the opioid in your medication. The CWE process functions on the fact that opioids are highly soluble in water while acetaminophen is not very soluble in water, and the colder the water the less soluble acetaminophen will be. By mixing your substance with water, cooling the water, and filtering the solution, the majority of the acetaminophen will be removed and the majority of your opioid will remain in the water. This process is based solidly in the chemical qualities of these substances.

Supplies you will need:

Mortar and Pestle (for grinding)
Measuring cup with mL
Bowl
2 Glasses
Spoon (or other stirring device)
Plastic Kitchen Funnel
Cone Coffee Filter
Ice
12” square piece of Muslin cloth (think tightly woven cotton, like a dress shirt)
Preferably an electric kitchen thermometer

Procedure:

1. Use the mortar and pestle to grind the tablets into a fine powder. No chunks should remain.

2. Pour this powder into your bowl. Next, measure out 100ml of cold water for every 7500mg of acetaminophen that you are processing. Pour this into the bowl with the powder and mix with spoon thoroughly. (Important note: you want to use enough water, but too much is a bad thing too. More water=more acetaminophen in final product.)

3. Take this bowl to the freezer, and cool it down to 36-39 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. While the solution is cooling, prepare the rest of the extraction. Start by setting your plastic kitchen funnel into one of the glasses. Then, take one of your glasses, fill it with ice, and then with tapwater. Take one of the cone coffee filters, douse it in the icewater and then place it into the funnel apparatus.

5. Take your 12” square piece of muslin cloth, douse it in the cold water (squeeze it out moderately) and place it over the funnel and coffee filter in such a way as the water will filter through the muslin and then the coffee filter.

6. When your solution is cooled down to 36-39 degrees Fahrenheit, take it out and pour it into the filter apparatus. Use the spoon to scrape any leftover liquid/gunk in the bowl. Do not wash the bowl out, you will use it again.

7. This is the longest part, waiting for the solution to filter. Resist the urge to mess with it very much. When the filtration has slowed down a lot, you may take up the corners of the muslin cloth and squeeze the remaining liquid through into the coffee filter (squeeze very tightly, your active ingredient is in the liquid so you want to get it all out). DO NOT attempt to move or squeeze the coffee filter as this can cause the pressed seam to break and let APAP solution leak into your final product.

8. Inside the muslin cloth, there should be pressed white remnants of APAP left after you squeeze the liquid out. In order to get even more opioid out of this, you can repeat the above process, scraping these remnants off and dissolving them back into water, cooling it, and filtering it again (use a new coffee filter, but the same muslin for the second filtration, making sure that you keep it right side up.)

9. Done! Your final product should be low in APAP and high in the opioid using this method. The final product should look mostly clear, with a slight milky tone to it.

Things to keep in mind when doing a Cold Water Extraction:

• As far as terminology goes, the following terms all refer to the same substance: APAP, Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Paracetamol. This CWE is geared toward removal of acetaminophen, and it will not remove some substances such as caffeine. The CWE concept works with most all opiates/opioids including hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine, propoxyphene, and tramadol.

• Your opioid is in the water, so the less water you lose during this process, the more efficient it will be in getting as much as possible in your final product.

• You want to use the least amount of water possible for an extraction, because even at low temperatures APAP will dissolve into water at the rate of 8mg/mL.

• It takes time!!! Its easy to get impatient with the filtration part, but its necessary to remove the harmful APAP from your solution. Be gentle with the coffee filters as they can be fragile.

• Never consume over 4000mg of APAP within 24hrs, this doesn’t mean that 4000mg is ok to take at once either, its meant to be spread out over 24hrs. I wouldn’t recommend going over 2000mg in one acute dosage. Never consume alcohol with APAP, even after a CWE because there will still be some APAP in your final product.

• I know this process seems long, but once you have done it a couple of times it will just come naturally. It is well worth the time spent doing it, and keep in mind that you can do more than one “batch” at a time and split up the final product into separate dosages.

I do it this very way have been for years. Works like a top. I use a hanky instead of muslin. I use either the chemist own auzzie 10mg cod and 500 APAP those yellow suckers. Or the Canadian t1s 8mg cod, 325 aspirin. I like the t1s better. That is my exact way to and man it works. I do like 10 at a time. Usually 2 10 pill batches at a time. Then mix em together. I have found if you use too many pills at a time it makes the process sorta funky too much water needed. I set the glass in the fridge while it is filtering.

Works GREAT man. Sometimes I do second process sometimes not. I myself think there is too much APAP in second filter. But to each his own. I do enough 1 day over several times to last me 2 or 3 days and keep it in fridge in a baby food jar with lid on it. BTW this was a great thread.

I don't try to get knocked out stoned I have pain that is why I do it. I find 90 - 120mgs of codeine does me wonders about 2 times a day. Maybe 3 times sometimes. The Chemist Own look like Mountain Dew afterwards. The t1s sorta like weak milk. I like the t1s much better myself. I would like to get out the caffeine from the t1s but I just live with it.

For the mortor and pestle I use a shot glass and a screwdriver handle works great. I have tried it dozens of ways and this is the best for me. Nice method litesleeperr.

Peace!

I would like to add here that the above method with 10 pills I use about 1.5 to 2 shot glasses of water. I never had a measuring cup to check with but I just sorta go on sight every time. I have 2 baby food jars of 10 pills each in freezer right now and will do 2 more after they are in the filter process. The important part as i see it is grind the pills real good into dust. And be SURE youuse Ice Cold Water and stir for couple mins. And the filter process takes awhile thru the hankie and the coffee filter but I just set it in fridge and let it do its thing. Once it is almost done I squeeze the crap out of the hankie and then let it go on thru coffee filter. And I hurry it at the last usually in the coffee filter stage if you are carefull the filter won't tear. I have never torn one yet in 2 years lol.

This time I am using those yellow Chemists Own 10 pills 1 and 3/4 shot glasses of water.

I usually leave the mix in the freezer till it has some ice around the edges of the juice glasses I use. Then I stir it and scrape the ice from the edges. That way I have ice in the mix after stirring lots when I dump the mix in the filter. I wet a coffee filter with ice water and wring it out real good stick it on top of a juice glass then do the same with the piece of hankie and put it on top of the filter.

Then dump in the mix with ice chunks. About 30 45 mins later I squeeze the mix out of the hankie in the filter. And about 30 minutes later I squeeze the rest from the coffee filter. And chug a lug. This time I did a 2nd rinse because I am short of pills I bought from the auzzies and they will only let me get 40 a week. I am in the US. But I have 800 coming from the good old Canadians in a few days. I notice tho that the 2nd rinse is always pretty bitter lots of APAP there. So what I do when I do a 2nd rinse is I just add some of the next time 1st rinse in it and make 2 doses that way. It cuts down the APAP a tad I think that way. Because I am sure as everybody else is that there is still codeine in the 2nd rinse.

But I tryed hot and warm water and to me it wasn't as pure the 1st rinse as with cold water. And I use Ice Water. With the newer Chemist Own I find that if you use a small soda bottle and shake the crap out of it that helps some. I was lazy this time didn't do it lol. Chugged the 1st rinse about 30 mins ago pain is gone and I sorta feel the codeine just like always. No real high just relief from my pain and a nice feeling. I have a huge tolerance because I dabble at times with Oxy so I never get a buzz hardly at all. But I never suffer WD's lol after a 3 or 4 week run on 270mgs Oxy a day. Good old T1s and CWE been my friend for 3 or 4 years. LONG LIVE CWE lol.

And I have a very bad liver I am old and abused it all my life in fact was a street junkie for 6 years when I was in my 20's I am almost 60 now. I never notice no problems with a liver that can't take 1000mgs APAP at a single dose. I would say like everybody else that it is 100mlts water if you use more you get more APAP in the 1st rinse. I have no idea how much a normal shot glass holds in milliliters. But 10 pills and never over 2 shots of water is my way. To each his own my liver can't take the APAP at all. 2 tylenol will make me sick as hell. I never get sick on 10 pills done my way. I usually get about 3/4 the water out that goes in. But I never squeeze too hard on the filter. I squeeze it real hard tho into the 2nd rinse. I like as pure 1st rinse as I can get so I can do a lot more. Most times I do 20 pills a pop. 2 10 pill 1st rinses or about all of it.

Works for me like I say no real high just the relief and a slight buzz. I would say just estimating about 140mgs or so in those 1st 2 rinses. The rest I try to get in second rinse. If I squeeze lots on the filter in 1st rinse I get too much sediment I don't like that. These later Chemist Own pills suck I think. Older ones were much better they have did something too much filler and crap I think. They are Sigma brand for what it is worth. What really sucks is the cost we have to pay to get the T1s from Canada here we get raped. But you do what ya must ya know. Anybody needs or wants info feel free to PM me.

This is an awesome thread I have read it a couple times and just wanted to add my 2cents in here. CWE goes fast and smooth after years of doing it lol. I like to do a 1st rinse filtering in fridge over night next morning I wake up to the goodies lol. 2 shot glasses 20 pills I feel fine 30 mins later. Never an upset from APAP. My way takes about an hour from pill crushing to chug a lug. I never really timed it close. The important part is the crushing, Ice Water, and patient filtering.

Peace!

Laws here in Aus have made it harder to engage in this kind of thing, lots of chemist own brands have dropped the ammount of codiene and raised the price, plus any more than 5 days supply is now supposidly only available by perscription....
i had to do this the other day as id run out of proper painkillers, the Chemist own and amcal brands seem to have improved there binders which makes the extraction painfully long and hard....
Imo the only good otc one left is panadene 15 comes in packs of 12 or 24, the latter still not being 5 days worth, is the only way to go... binders in this also seem to congulate when u hit em with the cold water, so an extra good mix is a solution to that.
in summation i firmly bielieve that panadene 15's are the easiest to extract and u can still get otc, 12 box gives u about 175 mg so ur 24 pack well, just double. only recent extraction that has come out clear enough to contimplate downing/ shooting into ur rectum.... WTF is the world comeing to:!

6 for 384mgcodine/ibuprofen or 5.40 for 60mg,,,, it's not that expensive unless you're using a gram a day..... i know only a few months ago it was more like a gram for 10.... good old codalgin or whatever it was,,,, not talking about money BTW because i wou;d have to use $

Laws here in Aus have made it harder to engage in this kind of thing, lots of chemist own brands have dropped the ammount of codiene and raised the price, plus any more than 5 days supply is now supposidly only available by perscription....
i had to do this the other day as id run out of proper painkillers, the Chemist own and amcal brands seem to have improved there binders which makes the extraction painfully long and hard....
Imo the only good otc one left is panadene 15 comes in packs of 12 or 24, the latter still not being 5 days worth, is the only way to go... binders in this also seem to congulate when u hit em with the cold water, so an extra good mix is a solution to that.
in summation i firmly bielieve that panadene 15's are the easiest to extract and u can still get otc, 12 box gives u about 175 mg so ur 24 pack well, just double. only recent extraction that has come out clear enough to contimplate downing/ shooting into ur rectum.... WTF is the world comeing to:!
That will be the last I get from Auzzie those Chemist Own just didn't do worth a crap. Last month same place same brand was different. I will stick with the canadian T1s from now on. Aspirin and 8mg cod. I have used the Chemist Own from over there for 2 years they changed something the binders were nasty to get out. I may for experiment try the Panadene 15's tho. I think they were pretty expensive tho I will look.

Rikodine

Get yourself Rikodeine instead...easier hits reasonably hard.....but not as good a body feel.

Thanks guys n yeah was helpful, i'll keep that in mind when i eventually run along to Ingurland.

Does the Codeine Linctus contain anything that deters one from consuming whole bottle? the only otc opiate cough syrup here(DHC) contains sorbital which turns to shit unless timed right, can relieve a strong WD and more.... if purchased and consumed strategically*

* individual results may vary

What do you mean by the timing of DHC and it turning to shit? Please let me know!!! Cheers

Does anyone use anything to make the codeine mixure more tolerable to drink? People say cordial or kool-aid mix, would Iced-tea mix work as well? I have a feeling iced-tea would make it alot worse.

Does this work also for Solpadeine Max which have a pink coating? Does it make a difference?

can you CWE "Ixprim" (37.5mg APAP and 325mg tramadol)????

You sure can! Tramadol is nicely water soluble.

The dosage for that med is the other way around though, 37.5mg tramadol and 325mg APAP.

not visited this thread for a while!
some great new input, a tip that has served me well is......

for those lucky enough to get a prescription for co-codomol 30/500 like me, tell the dr that you have a really strong gag reflex and ask for capsules rather than tablets because they are easier to swallow. when you split the caps they are filled with loose powder. i get crystal clear liquid from the first pass thru a coffee filter, second pass doesn't seem to make any difference in potency or apap/para levels which means that it is a far more efficient process due to the nature of the different filler used in capsules

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.