• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...
sorry if its confusing

ive been doing CWE for over a year now when i have to buy pills with apap.. i just CWE 14 10mg percocets that were 10/325 ... and i always worried how much apap was left in the water after the CWE.. so i took separate glass and crushed up one pill and put the same amount of water in the glass as the CWE had..the CWE looked clearer then the glass with the one crushed pill....... so is it safe to say there was no more the 325 apap in my CWE?

Yeah I mean as long as you do your cold water extraction filtering process atleast twice, it is almost none of the apap left and you only lose a little of the good stuff. I have been reading alot about cwe lately wondering those two question, how much is lost and how much apap is left

are you just drinking the water/oxycodone, because reading the when you have to buy them with apap part of your question

Using brita filter for CWE

A guy I met at the bus stop has a Rx for 15mg MS and one for 5/325 "mini" norco's for breakthrough pain due to a hockey injury when he was 18 which tweaked his back then massive muscle loss after the injury, this gentlemans doctor had him on 10/325 and his doc told him continually to keep taking more and more as he complained about pain to the point where where he was taking 12 per day and filling 100 10/325 every 6 or 7 days for about 7 months

One day though the doctor seemed to have a complete change of heart and demand to know why the bus stop guy was taking so much and demanded a psych eval before any more would be filled. Psych eval came back clear and the doc decided to change the meds and switched to the MS and mini norco's, bus stop guy was happy until he realized that the MS didnt really do anything and the mini's couldnt be taken in enough volume to kill pain.

It ended up being a blessing in disguise though because mr public transporation ended up having to do something about the pain and started a daily regiment of Pilates which has helped from what he said, that being said because of the injury to his back he still at times gets sidelined by pain. Luckily because it wasnt doing anything not only did he do the pilates but he stopped taking the mini norco's on a regular basis and only takes them when he gets hit with serious pain. That being said since he still has high tolerance and high pain the 5/325's arent enough because of the limit of acetaminophen that can be taken per day.

He said he wants to try CWE but because of his living situation with his family in a small one bedroom apartment he was looking for a cleaner more efficient way to do it. after going through a lot of idea's he has settled on the idea purchasing a brita water filter dedicated soley to CWE so he can crush up the pills, mix them with water and than run through the filter, nice simple easy. He doesnt have access to the internet so he requested I ask on this forum his two part question. 1st question is obviously would a brita filter work in filtering out the larger non absorbed particles of the APAP, also is it possible/feasable if he were to crush up and run all 120 of his Rx through CWE at the same time and just leave the Hydrocodone/water mixture in the pitcher in the refrigerator so he would have it on hand if the pain did get high enough to warrant taking the mini's

We both apprecate any and all of your time you spend in reading through and providing some of your knowledge, he and I both understand the value of knowledge and know that those with have it are not obligated to share it.

Thank you!

the reason CWE works is because APAP is not very soluble in cold water-- but if you increase the volume of water there will be more APAP dissolved. so you would want to use a minimum of water per extraction.

i also advise against extracting all 120 pills at once, because that would be one hell of a potent brew that could kill an unsuspecting family member, or enable redosing without conscious thought about dose

when i made a diluadid nasal spray solution, i used insulin needles with cotton in them. i filtered once and the solution was completely see through/crystal clear. maybe using syringes packed with cotton is a better filter than a coffee filter or shirt. i have also done the same solution for 80 mg oxys and it was also crystal clear. used ice cold water btw. an adventage of the syringe is you wont lose any of the solution and u can press the cotton down hard to get every last drop. insulin needles cost like 50 cents too, but if your doing a big job get a 3ml or 5 ml syringe.

Quick Question on CWE w/ Norco 10/325

My question is about CWE:

I have already read http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-272847.html --all four pages. They were super helpful.

Still, I need advise on increasing to 6 or 8 Norco 10/325 for my next CWE (or more?).

I have tried 5 and frankly, the CWE "felt" the same (maybe even a little less) as taking 5 by mouth in pill form (I take 10 Norco's a day as per my Doctor)

My primary motivation is to remove the APAP....but "gee-wiz" I'm open to a little buzz from time to time . . . ( 3 times a month or so...)

So, is that normal for CWE to feel the same? Or should I increase from 5 Norco's to 6 or 8? The dose is what I need to know about?

Advise?

SuzieCA

<mod note- Sorry, I didn't mean to edit your post. Nothing is changed... Please forgive me!>

Last edited by a moderator:
ok ..so there are so may different ways. and different ml to use for water.. so i have 6 5/500.. hydrocodone. it says for 1 gram of apap use 100 ml of water. or 80ml of water.. so may pages to read and all different answers.. so i am going to use 90ml of water for the 6 pills.. cruush up the pills to fine powder.. poor into water.. stir the water... and the water will be at room temp.. then put into freezer till its around 37degrees then poor into coffee filter then i will have 30mg of hydrocodone? please correct me if i am right.. this is my first post but long time user of this forum.. thanks

^That would work. The recommendation I will give to that is to use a cheesecloth as a filter and to wet it before use so that the cloth does not soak up much of the liquid as it passes through. Also, you will lose a small percentage of the hydrocodone by doing this, maybe 5% or so, which would leave you slightly less than the amount you started out with. You have the idea of the process down pretty well, so this shouldn't be very difficult for you. Try not to over-think it or panic because this is a pretty easy and straightforward process! Good luck!

I don't understand your question? What difference are you expecting from taking 5 that you did a CWE on and 5 that you did not? The only differences will be that you are getting a little less hydrocodone from the 50mg you CWE'd due to the amount lost by filtering, and a slight change in the speed of absorption because the 50mg you CWE'd is absorbed in water and not pressed in a pill.

It seems to me that you're expecting superior results from the same dose being CWE'd? If so, then you shouldn't, because there is nothing that you did that made it stronger.

Last edited:
I don't understand your question? What difference are you expecting from taking 5 that you did a CWE on and 5 that you did not? The only differences will be that you are getting a little less hydrocodone from the 50mg you CWE'd due to the amount lost by filtering, and a slight change in the speed of absorption because the 50mg you CWE'd is absorbed in water and not pressed in a pill.

It seems to me that you're expecting superior results from the same dose being CWE'd? If so, then you shouldn't, because there is nothing that you did that made it stronger.

You're right. I was hoping for superior results....which I "do" need for a few days, since I'm almost out of my oxycodine 30mgs (take 8 per day) and need to get through two days without .....the CWE will allow me to take more hydro without the worry of the APAP, and helps me to overcome any possible withdrawal scenario (I will be taking 60mgs Morphine ES to help as well, until I see my Doctor and pick up my monthly script for oxycodine)...I have never ran out before? So I'm a bit nervous . . . and have been researching alternatives to my pain management and oxy shortfall....so thanks for your advice ( I do GET what you are saying...)..!:\

Suzieca

I'm CWE'ing 7 Norco 10/325.... using the frig (this time for additional cooling) and cheesecloth

This morning I used 5.....I want to see if "two" extra pills will achieve better results?

The yellow mush (gook extracted) I rolled into a small marble size ball! Ughhh, I hate even thinking that "gook" could be inside of me instead of on my nightstand (I will flush it, later)

Status
Not open for further replies.