• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I drank the water. About 20 hours ago. And was refering to APAP (im assuming its paracetamol yeh) toxicity. I'm tempted to do it again though, just want to be safe. :S

If you did the CWE correctly (and I'm assuming you did), you should be safe doing it again. Maybe do the CWE once more on the water solution just to be safe if you want to be absolutely sure! And yep, you're right, APAP=paracetamol=acetominophen.

If you did the CWE correctly (and I'm assuming you did), you should be safe doing it again. Maybe do the CWE once more on the water solution just to be safe if you want to be absolutely sure! And yep, you're right, APAP=paracetamol=acetominophen.

Heres what I did, crush, mix with cold water, stired. Put in freezer for 10mins, take out, filter with a used t-shirt. Take extractions, put in freezer again for another 10mins, filtered again. Then had it put in freezer again to see for any sludge at the bottom of the glass. So I'm assuming thats safe enough hehe

Yeah, sounds safe enough. Was the water cold to the touch when you filtered it? Also coffee filters would be a bit more effective than used a t-shirt (not to mention your end product would taste less sweaty =P )

Yeah, sounds safe enough. Was the water cold to the touch when you filtered it? Also coffee filters would be a bit more effective than used a t-shirt (not to mention your end product would taste less sweaty =P )

Was quite cold actually :p Yeah tastes horrid as ey

^Good, the water being cold to the touch is the crucial part to make sure that the APAP gets out of solution, since its only soluble in warm water. Sounds like you have your technique down pat, so I'd say you are good for another round of extraction if you so desire.

First i frozen some CWE to have later now even after double filtering and cold crush and separate. Then i freeze the stuff again that came out clean when i filtered.
now when frozen there is white powder on top like powder seperate.
then defrost and some stuff, sludge, white shit on bottom so what is that binders andw hat is that stuff on top.
I wonder what re freezing it does its seems to get more APAP out i think i make binder bound up so i can filter out.
Or is that white stuff codeine?

First i frozen some CWE to have later now even after double filtering and cold crush and separate. Then i freeze the stuff again that came out clean when i filtered.
now when frozen there is white powder on top like powder seperate.
then defrost and some stuff, sludge, white shit on bottom so what is that binders andw hat is that stuff on top.
I wonder what re freezing it does its seems to get more APAP out i think i make binder bound up so i can filter out.
Or is that white stuff codeine?

You don't want to freeze it, the idea behind using cool water is to lower the solubility of acetaminophen in water, that way ti filters much more effectivly. You don't need to use warm water and then put it in the freezer though. Cold water from the fridge will work just as well. Grind you tablets up, add the cool water, stir for 30 seconds or so and then put it through your filter. As pallidamors said coffee filters will make things much easier aswell, you get better yeilds too.

You could take it anally without any drugs at all... but then throwing some drugs into the mix might just make it that little bit more special for you and everyone involved! :)

codeine extraction

Does anybody know of a good method of extracting codeine from 30 mg codeine/300 mg acetaminophen tylenol 3's? I've read online that most extraction methods waste a lot of the codeine and end up leaving a fair amount of leftover acetaminophen, in otherwords it seems like its mostly pointless. So if anybody knows of a GOOD method of doing this extraction please share

I'm trying to extract around 150 mg codeine from 1500 mg acetaminophen meaning 5 pills of 30/300 tylenol 3. How many ml of water should I use? The extraction methods all very so much such as cold water vs hot water etc. The methods are all very different. Which one sis best and how much water should I use?

im pretty sure theres no such thing as hot water extraction

opiates are soluble in cold water, 5-10celcius i think.

Seeing as you're unwilling to find the CWE Mega Thread I'll do you a step-by-step:

1. Get a measuring jug (preferably glass), a pint glass and a box of paper coffee filters, like these.
---Crushing Tablets-----
2. Using anything you have to had, crush the tablets onto a surface such as a shiny bit of card or use a pestle and mortar (The method I use is snapping the tablets in half and putting them in a metal weed grinder, grind them and then put the powder in the measuring jug).
---Because it's a CWE------
3. Anyhoo, whichever method you use to crush the tablets, fill the measuring jug up with ~50-70ml of COLD WATERfor every 12 tablets (depending on tablet size, you may need less water). The water doesn't need to be near freezing, just straight from the cold tap, cold water.

4. Add the now powdered tablets to the water in the measuring jug and give it a swish round. Then leave it for a few minutes..
--Now for the coffee filters and pint glass---
5. Lightly wet 2 coffee filters with cold water. Place one in the pint glass and fold the edges round the rim of the glass to stop it from falling in.
Then place the second on in there but no need to fold the edges round the rim this time.

6. The sediment (Paracetamol, fillers etc) will have sunk, partially, to the bottom of the measuring jug. Gently pour the water into the filters. After a while you won't be able to pour the water without the gunk following. But it doesn't matter, just carry on pouring gently.

7. Scrape out the remaining gunk from the jug into the glass.

8. Leave to filter for a while (quite a while, be patient) and when most of the visible water has gone you need to squeeze out the remaining water.
You must do this really, really carefully, or the filter will split and you'll have all the gunk fall through (this being the reason for the second filter ;) ).
I find by twisting the top of the filter and slowly putting just enough pressure on the filter to let water out, it usually works ok.
You'll find your own way of going about it.

Actually, I had checked out the cwe mega thread and compared it with other cwe methods and there does seem to be a few slightly different ways of doing it, one actually involved warming the liquid before filtering it. Your method seems to be the most common and the easiest, thanks for posting it

Status
Not open for further replies.