• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Neville Wran's daughter Harriet Wran 'desperate' to buy the drug ice on night of stab

Your parenting is as questionable as your taste in music if Ronnie James fucken Dio is part of your "musical education".
Especially if that is your example of Black Sabbath.

Continued off-topic banter:

Hahahha...I can't say that I expected the thread to meander in this direction.

1kw said:
There lesson stopped

I see what you did their. ;)

well it's really become either screaming cry fest of bastardised electronica.

Depends on what you're pointing to with "it". I think that the beauty of our current period of artistic pursuits is fragmentation of most prior 'scenes', discarding any mainstream focus within a given scene; culture is now multicast, and there's something for almost everybody. I'm rather partial to djent, 'post-metal' (talk about evolution of metal. . .), and smattered progressive variants. These bands might be shitty, but not even remotely in the way you describe. Hell, there are even a lot of people participating in Sabbath revival type stuff, if that floats your boat.

This isn't to suggest that the type of garbage you note doesn't exist (or even that it's uncommon). Attack! Attack! somehow exemplifies both of the types of garbage w/in contemporary metal that you note.

ebola

I have an hour and half commute to enact my lesson plan. Slightly more than doctors learn about teeth I grant you, but my weekly education has to from time to time include Outlaw country vs alt, the history of hip hop, Is George thorogood blues or rock... Etc.

It beats the fucking wiggles

Drug dealer and ‘ex-boyfriend’ of Harriet Wran reveals her descent into drugs but says she’s no addict

A DRUG dealer who claims to be an ex-boyfriend and former housemate of Harriet Wran has told of her tragic descent into drugs.
Sonny Khetkan, 29, got out of prison two days ago, after spending 38 days locked up for breaching his parole by taking drugs while he was celebrating his birthday with Wran on July 10.
“She came over to see me on my birthday and then I got caught with dirty urine and breached my parole,” the drug dealer told a friend yesterday.
Wran, 26, has been charged with two other men for the murder of Daniel McNulty in a Redfern apartment block.

897198-2ec6b60c-29ca-11e4-8aa3-c8bd07392c82.jpg

Sonny Khetkan Sydney yesterday. Source: News Corp Australia

The 26-year-old daughter of former NSW premier Neville Wran was arrested on August 13 and later charged with murder, along with her friend of two weeks Michael Lee, 35, and a man she had just met, Lloyd Haines, 29.
Her distraught mother, Jill Wran, flew from Brisbane to Sydney to see her daughter, who once attended an exclusive public school and enjoyed the company of high society.
It was a dramatic fall for such a high-profile socialite.
Khetkan said he was planning to visit Wran in Silverwater women’s prison soon.
The Thai-born dealer claims to have first met Wran in 2011 while selling drugs to her friends in Bondi.

896700-bf256578-29e2-11e4-8aa3-c8bd07392c82.jpg

Sonny Khetkan and Harriet Wran. Picture: Facebook. Source: Facebook

The 26-year-old daughter of former NSW premier Neville Wran was arrested on August 13 and later charged with murder, along with her friend of two weeks Michael Lee, 35, and a man she had just met, Lloyd Haines, 29.
Her distraught mother, Jill Wran, flew from Brisbane to Sydney to see her daughter, who once attended an exclusive public school and enjoyed the company of high society.
It was a dramatic fall for such a high-profile socialite.
Khetkan said he was planning to visit Wran in Silverwater women’s prison soon.
The Thai-born dealer claims to have first met Wran in 2011 while selling drugs to her friends in Bondi.

“Then one thing led to another and I stayed on,” he told the friend, who informed The Saturday Telegraph.
“She is not a drug addict. She takes drugs but she is not a full-on ice addict,” he said.
“I was doing my thing, organising stuff and she was by my side. But she wouldn’t know what was happening.”
Khetkan told his friend that Wran’s mother Jill “hates” him because he drove up to Queensland to collect Harriet just two days into a 12-week, $80,000 rehabilitation program.

The Wran family would confirm only that they knew Khetkan and that they considered him to be “a piece of slime”.
Khetkan claims he still has some of Wran’s belongings, including gifts from her father, which she left with him when she went into rehab programs while they were together.
Khetkan was arrested in August 2012 on drug charges. He was jailed and eventually released in October last year.
“We tried to keep apart, I wanted her to be clean,” he told the friend, adding Wran wrote him letters explaining why they could not meet up.
“She relapsed because she came and saw me for my birthday,” Khetkan told the friend. “I was devastated by what happened to her. I love her and she loves me.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...s-shes-no-addict/story-fnii5s3x-1227033896912

26 is far too young to carry that sort of monkey on your back based on shitty decisions while under the influence.

i cant help but feel that while, yes she made those choices and as an adult; meth is an insidious substance and can heavily alter the personality of the user to an unrecognizable state, making them perform things they would never dream of whilst sober.

ill leave it at that, as im not sure where im going with this? because as a result of this case a man lost his life. i guess it simply goes to highlight what can potentially happen when a substance is heavily abused in some users.

...kytnism...:|

Harriet Wran 'told her family to abandon her' as she faces trial for murder of Sydney drug dealer... as her mother and widow of Labor icon Neville Wran vows to stand by her side

35706EF400000578-3648515-image-a-29_1466287737158.jpg

Harriet Wran is facing a murder charge over the death of a drug dealer
She is the daughter of later New South Wales premier Neville Wran
She's told her family to abandon her as her trial will be too hard on them
But her mother, Jill Hickson-Wran, says she'll stand by her regardless

Harriet Wran, the daughter of former political icon Neville Wran, has reportedly told her family she wants them to abandon her as she faces charges of murdering a drug dealer.
Wran, 28, is charged with being a principal in the second degree to the 2014 murder of Sydney drug dealer Daniel McNulty, and has told her family that supporting her through her trial, which begins on Monday, would be too hard for them, The Daily Telegraph reports.
But her mother, Jill Hickson-Wran, has sworn to give her support regardless.

Wran, the daughter of deceased former NSW premier Neville Wran, whose estate was estimated at $40m, is also charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and robbery in company.
She's been in jail for the past two years after being refused bail, waiting for her trial in the New South Wales Supreme Court.

It is alleged that on August 10, 2014, Wran, and two others - Lloyd Edward Haines and her then boyfriend Michael Lee - murdered McNulty in a drug den.
Lee changed a plea of not guilty of murder to guilty less than a week before he was due face trial, the Telegraph reported.

Since being in jail, she's written letters to former boyfriend Dennen Chew describing the conditions, apologising for the way their relationship ended and telling him she wished she had never used the drug methamphetamine, also known as ice.
The letters revealed Ms Wran was told not to write to anyone she had ‘used with’, but she decided to ignore those orders, The Sunday Telegraph reported

‘Jail is pretty much what you’d imagine – a dirty, tiny cell with a waifer (sic) thin mattress, creepy writing all over the walls and a metal toilet in arm’s length from the bed,’ Ms Wran wrote.
She was concerned with putting on weight in jail because 'there’s little else to do in here except eat.’

The young woman goes on to explain she is allowed to study via distance from jail.
Ms Wran's family has hired eminent barrister Phillip Boulten SC and solicitor David Giddy to represent her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...don-mother-vows-stand-side.html#ixzz4C4AtCZND

Murder charge against Harriet Wran dropped

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fnetwork%2fhome%2fstreams%2f2016%2f07%2f04%2f11%2f18%2f040716_wran1_env.ashx

The Crown has dropped a murder charge against Harriet Wran, the youngest daughter of former NSW premier Neville Wran, over the death of Redfern drug dealer Daniel McNulty.

Wran was set to face a judge-alone trial in the NSW Supreme Court before Justice Ian Harrison this week.

As she was arraigned before a packed courtroom in Sydney today, it became clear the 28-year-old would no longer be prosecuted in relation to allegations she had murdered Mr McNulty as part of a joint criminal enterprise in August 2014.

Instead, she was indicted on a charge of robbing Brett Fitzgerald of $650 at Redfern on August 10 that year, and in a clear voice uttered the word: "Guilty."

She has also pleaded guilty to a charge of harbouring, maintaining or assisting her then-boyfriend Michael Lee, knowing that he had murdered Mr McNulty.

Lee and another man, Lloyd Edward Haines, have already pleaded guilty to the murder.

Wran appeared to mouth the words "love you" to her mother Jill, who has attended court to see her daughter at every opportunity in recent weeks.

Wran is expected to face sentencing proceedings on July 14.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...inst-harriet-wran-dropped#girMH35KuG5eVFGg.99

Harriet Wran high on ice when she knocked on door and set off violent chain of events

Moments before he was killed, Daniel McNulty heard a knock at the door of his Redfern unit.

He asked the person knocking to show themselves at the side window, so that he could be sure of who it was.

McNulty then said to his flatmate, "Don't worry, it's just a girl."

That girl was Harriet Wran - the daughter of the late NSW premier Neville Wran - and she was high on ice.

Little did the former SCEGGS Darlinghurst student know that her knock on the door of unit B30 on August 10, 2014, would set in motion a violent chain of events that would end in McNulty's murder.

As soon as the door opened, Wran took one step inside, while the two men she was with rushed in behind her.

Cont - http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/harriet-w...-of-events-20160706-gpzsua.html#ixzz4DbpnyM1S

"She said she went to the unit to purchase drugs, she was high on ice at the time and desperate for more drugs" and "was shocked at what happened", court documents state.

The poor baby 8)

"Waaah I was high on drugs, that should minimize my responsibility for the reprehensible shit that I took part in!" Fuck that. I used to slam "ice" and I'd never stab someone to death over drugs. You thought that there'd be no consequences for robbing a drug dealer? A meth dealer? Where I'm from you'd better be ready for blood to be spilled if you want to engage in "strong arm robbery" of that type. This entire story makes me sick. It's people like this who give all drug users a bad name

No surprise there. white Girl from prominent family gets charges dropped after hiring one of the best lawyers.

This raises the question. Do you believe that if you ingest a substance and have an adverse reaction, you should be charged with crimes committed while under the influence?

It seems like if you are wealthy, they give a little bit more belief that it is the drugs and not the individual. Personally I have committed crimes while under the influence of benzos, and I hoped I would be charged (I wouldn't turn myself in, and it was only stealing, or driving under the influence) because I was a menace while on them, but I couldn't stop.

Daniel McNulty 'didn't deserve to be a footnote' to Harriet Wran trial

There are five sides to the story of a murder that shocked Sydney.

But one side in particular was barely a "footnote" when Harriet Wran – the daughter of former NSW premier Neville Wran – had her murder charge dropped and she pleaded guilty to two lesser charges last week.

1468027697793.jpg

Daniel McNulty was stabbed to death in his Sydney home. Photo: Supplied

Friends of murdered Redfern man Daniel McNulty, 48, have not tried to sugar coat his chequered past but also want the general public to know he was once a person.

And, like Harriet Wran, his life was destroyed by his addiction to ice.

McNulty's life ended when Wran, 28 and two other men, Michael Lee, 36, and Lloyd Haines, 31, knocked on his door, with the intention of robbing him of ice in August, 2014.

Harriet Wran and Daniel McNulty moved in the same eastern suburbs circle, friends say.

He was fatally stabbed and his flatmate Brett Fitzgerald was badly injured.

In June, just before their joint trial was due to begin, Lee and Haines pleaded guilty to murder.

On Wednesday last week, prosecutors dropped the murder charge against Wran, and she instead pleaded guilty to robbery in company and accessory after the fact to murder.

When he died, McNulty was a small-time drug dealer and ice addict living in a housing commission block on Walker Street in Redfern.

But a close friend has told Fairfax Media he was also a university graduate, an accomplished musician and film maker.

"[He] had struggled with a drug problem just like Wran. In fact, he moved in many of the same inner-city eastern suburbs social circles as she did before they both struggled with drugs. They were not that different," a friend, who only wanted to be named as Michelle, said.

Michelle said she and her friend "Dan" studied a communications degree at The University of Technology, Sydney.

"Daniel was very, very popular in our year - everyone liked him - he was charismatic, warm, hilariously funny in a very deadpan way, very intelligent, and really just cool," she said.

"He was so cool. One of my favourite people ever."

Another friend has previously said McNulty was also a father, a keen fisherman and a talented musician.

"Daniel was a funny, talented and gifted musician who had an on going battle with addiction," one friend said at the time of his death.

But Michelle said the last time she saw McNulty, he was "pretty bad".

"I saw him again not long back and realised just how bad he was and emailed a lot of our friends asking what could we do, but the consensus seemed to be that Dan had to make that decision himself to get better first," she said.

"Dan had terrible problems but he was a great guy who was much loved and as has been said before - didn't deserve to be a footnote in a celebrity murder trial."

Wran, Lee and Haines have been in custody since their arrest in August 2014.

The agreed set of facts explains that Wran was an accessory to murder because she "maintained and harboured Lee, believing him to be involved in the stabbing, first at the house of her friend Hobbs, and thereafter remained in his company in private and public".

Wran is expected to appear before court for a sentencing hearing next Thursday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/daniel-mc...wran-trial-20160709-gq21s3.html#ixzz4DsLgLbev

^^^He sold drugs, and maybe committed some small crimes. His life means something and this wran chick should be held accountable for his death, even if it means paying all her money to the victims family. By design, her design, this man was murdered so she could continue to get high. I don't look at getting high or possessing drugs as a crime, but this is murder, in which she was the architect, is a fairly heinous crime. His last moments must have been filled with fear and despair. That should count for something. This brings up the same rage within me that the Ethan Couch affluenza trial brought up in me. No matter your wealth or political connections, a crime is a crime. Being a crime, they should be punished no differently than any of us. If I was involved in a fairly serious murder, or I killed four people driving drunk, I wouldn't get let off with probation or a fine, I would be under the jail.

Harriet Wran: Sex and drug binge after murder of drug dealer Daniel McNulty

THE day after the murder of Daniel McNulty, fugitives Harriet Wran and her boyfriend Michael Lee stunned their housemate when they retreated to his bedroom to have “very loud” sex after watching a news report about the killing.

Oblivious to the fact that police were closing in on them for their roles in the homicide, Wran and Lee were watching the late-night news at the Darlington home of a friend on August 11, 2014, when a story about the stabbing murder flashed on the screen.

The friend, Andrew Hobbs, was sitting on the couch with the couple and later told police they were in roughly the same position as hours earlier when he found them smoking ice off tinfoil with a lighter.

“I remember commenting ... saying ‘Wow, this is horrible’,” Mr Hobbs told police about his reaction to the news report. “They didn’t seem to react in any way.”

e62b5953123235b15e24399e25931444

The report showed the Redfern slum where McNulty, an ice dealer, had been stabbed to death the night before.

“Straight after that report they went to bed in my bedroom and I lay on the lounge,” Mr Hobbs said.

“I heard Harriet making moaning noises and she was very loud. It was obvious to me they were having sex,” he told police.

“I left the house because I was really flabbergasted and uncomfortable. I told them I felt weird about it but I still left anyway.”

He returned about 1am.

Mr Hobbs told police he had only met Wran about six weeks earlier at the Darlinghurst unit of his ex-boyfriend Phillip Jenkins.

Court documents said Jenkins was one of Wran’s ice suppliers. Mr Hobbs told investigators that Jenkins sold ice at $50-$70 per point.

“I remember thinking she was really lovely. It was obvious she had an addiction to methamphetamines. I saw her smoke ice in front of me,” he told police.

“She would talk to me about things. I knew she was going through a tough time in relation to her father passing and the expectations associated with who she was.”

Cont -

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/055c1e1ba1dded0e4d30c946e30cdd4c

Harriet Wran tells court of bulimia, ice addiction that led to robbery and murder

Harriet Wran said she regrets every step she took the night she was involved in the murder of Sydney man Daniel McNulty.

The daughter of former premier Neville Wran became teary as she told the NSW Supreme Court about her battle with anorexia, bulimia and the ice addiction that led to her involvement in the murder.

"I feel terrible. I'm ashamed to have been involved in anything like that. I can't believe someone died. I can't believe someone was so badly hurt," Wran told her sentencing hearing on Thursday.

"I regret every step I took that night," she said.

Under cross-examination from Crown prosecutor Peter McGrath, SC, Wran said she felt jail had saved her life.

"I think I would have killed myself [with drugs]," she said.

Mr McNulty was murdered by Wran's boyfriend of two weeks Michael Lee and another man Lloyd Haines during a botched ice deal at a public housing unit in Redfern on August 10, 2014.

Last Wednesday, Wran pleaded guilty to a charge of harbouring, maintaining or assisting Lee, knowing that he had murdered Mr McNulty.

In the days leading up to the murder, Wran said she had left a rehab clinic and gone on an ice binge.
Harriet Wran before her arrest.

Harriet Wran before her arrest.

"This time I had failed everyone, I had failed myself, I had failed my mum.

"I just wanted to hurt myself, I just wanted to use so much so I couldn't remember who I really was."

Wran told the court she first tried ice after meeting a group of users at a rehabilitation clinic she went to for depression.

"[Ice] gave me a completely different feeling and suddenly all my insecurities were gone," she said.

"I felt so confident, there was just a chemical high I never knew existed … I knew straight away that my brain wasn't going to forget about that."

Wran's mother Jill Hickson Wran looked away as her daughter spoke about her eating disorders.

"It's [bulimia's] the worst thing in the world, it's the hardest thing to deal with, it's the most shameful thing to deal with, it's so embarrassing, it's so disgusting yet it's an impulsive thing I can't stop doing."

Wran told the court she had not realised that someone had died until the next day.

When she did find out, she continued to use ice and did not contact police.

"The addiction drove me to be silent about what happened because I just wanted to get this ice."

Wran has vowed never to touch drugs again.

"It won't happen - because somebody died and I was involved in something that led to that and I know that I won't pick up drugs again," she said.

"I never thought in a million years I'd end up in jail, let alone for murder. I've never intended for anyone to get hurt in my life; it was almost not real to begin with.

"Once I realised it was real, it was too much at times."

Wran bared all, speaking openly about the loss of her father.

At times Ms Hickson Wran closed her eyes and put her hands over her face.

"I was glad that I was there when he passed but it was so painful for him, he was in so much pain," she said.

"I've never seen anything like that before. It was so strange that his journey had finally ended."

Armed with knives and a hammer

The court heard previously that Wran went to the high-rise block on Walker Street with Lee and Haines, whom she had just met, to score ice from the victim.

But after she knocked on the door, Haines and Lee entered the unit armed with knives and a hammer and demanded: "Where is it?"

During a fight that broke out, Mr McNulty was fatally stabbed.

Wran, Lee and Haines then ran from the apartment.

Investigating police were able to identify the trio by viewing the security footage from the housing estate.

Haines was arrested when he attended Parramatta police station on the Tuesday after the attack.

Wran and Lee were later found by police at Liverpool train station on the Wednesday, still dressed in the clothes the CCTV footage showed them wearing on the night of the attack.

Shortly before their joint murder trial was due to begin last month, Lee and Haines pleaded guilty to all charges against them - including murder.

Lee pleaded guilty on June 16 while Haines pleaded guilty on June 21.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/harriet-w...and-murder-20160713-gq5c8r.html#ixzz4EQ3RLK4K