never felt more like giving up

Just remember all the BS it caused. Socializing helps a lot, there was a study done on rats and heroin, when they put heroin in a single rats water the rat kept dosing until it died, then they put a bunch of rats together and had 1 water source that was clean and 1 that was dirty, because the rats were able to socialize most of them eventually stopped dosing. The study was based off of soldiers coming home of Vietnam the majority of them got hooked while deployed but once returned to their friends and family got clean with out any issues. I think that was the reason I was able to stay clean because being in the military is very social you get real close to your platoon and unit.

FUCKING AWESOME

I mean, I'd long known about rat park, I just love comics so this is perfect. Anyone can read that and understand the compulsion involved in addiction.

Fucking brilliant. I'ma buy a pdf :)

^^ Here's a nice illustrated explanation of the 'Rat Park' experiments..

http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/

This, to me at least, is so self evident that I have to conclude that many people don't want to know the truth as it's very inconvenient for them. As there is no doubt in my mind that this is also true it explains why this kind of evidence will have very little bearing on policy, which history has shown to be true in so many areas. In other words mostly people are corrupt and and so things really aren't gonna change much or fast.

Ditto! Forever the quiet leader no one realizes is the one who is whispering directions you want to follow in your ear, I wish to be ;)

That sounds like power to me. The wish for it at least. I guess though, being human and alive on some level we want some kind of power. In actuality we are mostly powerless and that makes us insecure. That's what at bottom of all the evil in mankind imo. Insecurity. And being constantly insecure is very debilitating, that would certainly make me want to give up. It does in fact, at least at times.

I was goshing ya :)

I like to work with people, not control them. That is way to stressful.