• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Need to re-initiate some kind of drug use, but with a conservative and measured approach?

I think benzos are sometimes used for pain. But it is not common, only in special circumstances.

Honesly you sound like you need ketamine.
Im scripted benzos for a chronic pain conditions (bladder destroyed from ketamine).

It works in the instances when spasms of the pelvic floor and bladder muscles are thr cause and works mike magic.

When the pain is inflammation and ulcer based- the benzo does nothing.

Managing anything with repeated k use is a good way to get highly addicted and destroy your life. I honestly classify ketamine as more harmful than heroin or crack.

Would an anti-psychotic drug like aripriprazole be effective in treating/preventing headaches?

Stress/tension/exertion headaches?

Anyone used it, or any anti-psychotic, and found it effective in prevent stress headaches?

Would it be more/less effective in preventing stress headaches that paracetamol/solpedeine (the paracetamol/codeine/caffeine combo)?

Powder amphetamine is a good alternative to meth for sure. Less chance of psychosis, a lot easier to sleep, a lot easier to eat, just all around better for habitual use... not to mention insanely cheap. If you're used to meth it does take awhile to get used to the lesser Euphoria, but you will get used to it... There definitely still is Euphoria. If you haven't done meth in a while you should feel it with insufflation. For me, it does give me a bit of peace of mind. I've done fucked up shit and said fucked up shit on meth so many times before I just don't trust myself anymore. But with dex-amp I seem to have a bit more control... You know, you can feel giddy and excited without going overboard and looking like a maniac to other people. The biggest drawback for me was the effect it had on my sinuses, I definitely needed to use a decongestant spray with it. Orally is an option too, but I didn't enjoy it as much.

As for the opioids, what about suboxone? If you're just looking for something to get you through, I mean, isn't that what suboxone was made for? Obviously physical addiction is a problem, but so is it with codeine... Dependence risk is probably actually higher with suboxone but at the same time, I think you're chances of escalating on a bad day are severely reduced. Codeine often didn't feel like enough and would make me go get dillies or something, not so much with suboxone, it actually does make me feel satisfied and turns my brain to other matters (Well, most of the time). Cheap if you can get an rx, if not... Maybe not the best choice its still fairly expensive for what it is online. There's kratom if you don't mind taking it 5 times a day.

Last edited:
Good insight.

I guess what I'm looking for is, something to get that numbed out kind of "happy" feeling, just to get me through time, basically.

But minimizing the self-destructive nature of doing so.

I saw a Dr yesterday and he said he'd prescribed Aripiprazole; again, I doubt this will accomplish what I'm looking for when I asked him for something to "take the edge off".

When I dosed amphetamine powder at low dose it made me sleepy and dysphoric, but I used it orally not nasally.

Perhaps just sticking with solpedeine is my safest bet?

I'm open to suggestion.

I do understand ketamine can be used in cases of chronic nerve pain, but more so where people are wheel-chair bound, that type of pain?

With me it's more tension/stress headaches and associated muscular nerve pain.

I tried ketamine before and it really did not a whole lot to address my type of pain which requires almost daily use of something to manage it, but it's not insane excessive pain.
Just that mild aching in the background which makes your daily routine a little more miserable.

I do find solpedeine (paracetamol/caffeine/codeine combo) does work wonders when taken twice a day.

But then there's the hemorrhoids...... a gift from Satan.

Other things is, effect of stimulants (cognitive enhancers) aside I absolutely HATE being cognitively disoriented;

i.e. what weed, ketamine, LSD and other recreational chemicals cause.

I hate it.

If the "mild aching" you have is psychosomatic/trauma-related, you're better off with something to adress the underlying mental issues (like dissociatives, psychedelics, cannabis, maybe empathogens) than with restricted but ultimately band-aid administration of simple feel good drugs. Does the "mild aching" really require "constant treatment" or is that just part of the way you rationalize it? What if the "mild aching" is your emotional programming and that in turn is accessible through the mind? What if you could power through that pain with the hope of finally healing it? I'm making that journey right now. It's amazing how much we can change when we allow the thoughts to change with us. I have managed to get rid of my chronic "mild aches" or at least moved them around a bit, hahaha.

Your discomfort with dissociatives and psychedelics may be just an initial discomfort rather than something indicative of deep personal compatibility issues. You say these drugs make you "cognitively disoriented" - this could be a description of a new stimulus and psychic resistance in general. These drugs are also very pleasurable and directly harmonizing if you get to know them under appropriate conditions. Maybe these challenging drugs are just what you need, if changing your emotional state is what you need. Dulling the pain a bit with drugs is easy. Doing emotional work with drugs isn't as easy, but it's still a great life hack. This kind of drug therapy also fits a lot better with your "conservative and measured" criterion.

Last edited: