• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Need to re-initiate some kind of drug use, but with a conservative and measured approach?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I had attempted to do this with methamphetamine last May and ended up in the emergency department for psychosis and an existential crises, due to the precarious nature of my mental health and emotional well being, mixed with a drug which is an emotional atom bomb (at least when it begins to wear off).

I had made it through most of the time previous to that (a period of about 18 months) using OTC codeine products, obviously far milder but enough to cause that mood lift I require.

Conventional prescription mediation such as SSRI's and mirtazapine are off the table, they actually cause a mood drop.

I think I need something typically considered recreational/euphoric, but dosed in a way that isn't entirely destructive to my health and mental well being.

Perhaps I could go back on the OTC codeine products? Probably the safest and lowest-impact.
I got hemorrhoids from them last time which was why I discontinued (they also cause emotional imbalance but far less so than meth, emotional imbalance I can manage, and it lasts 1 or 2 days, unlike meth which lasts about 6 weeks).

The other alternate would be conventional amphetamine.

This dramatically weakens my emotional well being for about a week to two weeks after, and I found it needs to be dosed pretty high (tachycardia high) to have the desired effect.
Haven't had great success with lower doses in the past, find them almost dysphoric - but perhaps I could re-examine a dosing protocol here that's less destructive (time-compression is also a bitch, makes you want to dose more and more turning things into a binge).

The effect of meth is of course unquestionably the most "escapist" and exciting, but the time after, "come down" which lasts so damn long, the emotional devastation which follows the dose really makes it one that from experience, I simply NEED to avoid.

MDMA is a consideration, but frequent use (every week to 10 days) seems like it's asking for trouble.
I also found the crash after this super harsh.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Additional perspective being:

- I use such type of drug/medication chronically also to manage pain

There OTC painkillers with some opioid proved highly effective; at the moment I'm defaulting back to Solpedeine (paracetamol, codeine and caffeine combination).

- Are GABA based drugs like Valium ever used to treat pain like headaches etc?

Just curious whether there are alternatives, as I also use Solpedeine as an anti-anxiety in a sense, it does provide a sense of relaxation.

But I'm guessing chronic valium or benzo use may be significantly more destructive that chronic Solpedeine use?

Last edited:
I think benzos are sometimes used for pain. But it is not common, only in special circumstances.

Honesly you sound like you need ketamine.

lol, not sure if serious.

What's your rationale?
I am surprised of your reaction, why wouldn't I?

Ok, that pure simple euphoria-thing is modest in ketamine but it is easy bliss and forgiving by ways you seem to need. Although there seems to be good and bad responders when it comes to mental health/anxiety-effects (which doen't seem to have much to do with baseline mental health).

Additional perspective being:

- I use such type of drug/medication chronically also to manage pain

There OTC painkillers with some opioid proved highly effective; at the moment I'm defaulting back to Solpedeine (paracetamol, codeine and caffeine combination).

- Are GABA based drugs like Valium ever used to treat pain like headaches etc?

Just curious whether there are alternatives, as I also use Solpedeine as an anti-anxiety in a sense, it does provide a sense of relaxation.

But I'm guessing chronic valium or benzo use may be significantly more destructive that chronic Solpedeine use?
Stop smoking the meth. Do small SMALL bumps when you do do it (like fucking fingernail bumps) no more than 4 a day) sleep every 3rd day, try to take a small nap early 2nd day if possible, when you hear something that isn't any of your concern (a noise like a scratch or maybe someone talking walking past the house or any small noise) just dismiss it. Acknowledge that it could have been a hallucination but if not it's not like it's ur problem since it wasn't anything clear enough for you to fully know exactly what caused it. U tune a bunch of noises out sober that u catch when ur up. It's those noises a bunch of times that leads someone spiraling down psychosis stairway. Don't buy more than a g at a time unless ur sure u can resist the urge
That way if u do fuck uo and slip u don't have enough to start a spiraling binge. If daily using steadily after 2 months go a week without it. If you're only wanting it for a small period of time (a few weeks and done) than don't do any at all on ur 5th day up just ride out the brain dead wave of lethargy all day and either sleep that night or try to wait till like 2 ot 3 am to do the next bump.

I've done many many many months and months of binges doing this right here. Smoking absolutely is worse for your mental health Than snorting. Idk why but psychosis always sets in a bit quicker than if u ONLY snort

I am surprised of your reaction, why wouldn't I?

Ok, that pure simple euphoria-thing is modest in ketamine but it is easy bliss and forgiving by ways you seem to need. Although there seems to be good and bad responders when it comes to mental health/anxiety-effects (which doen't seem to have much to do with baseline mental health).

I do understand ketamine can be used in cases of chronic nerve pain, but more so where people are wheel-chair bound, that type of pain?

With me it's more tension/stress headaches and associated muscular nerve pain.

I tried ketamine before and it really did not a whole lot to address my type of pain which requires almost daily use of something to manage it, but it's not insane excessive pain.
Just that mild aching in the background which makes your daily routine a little more miserable.

I do find solpedeine (paracetamol/caffeine/codeine combo) does work wonders when taken twice a day.

But then there's the hemorrhoids...... a gift from Satan.

Other things is, effect of stimulants (cognitive enhancers) aside I absolutely HATE being cognitively disoriented;

i.e. what weed, ketamine, LSD and other recreational chemicals cause.

I hate it.

Stop smoking the meth. Do small SMALL bumps when you do do it (like fucking fingernail bumps) no more than 4 a day) sleep every 3rd day, try to take a small nap early 2nd day if possible, when you hear something that isn't any of your concern (a noise like a scratch or maybe someone talking walking past the house or any small noise) just dismiss it. Acknowledge that it could have been a hallucination but if not it's not like it's ur problem since it wasn't anything clear enough for you to fully know exactly what caused it. U tune a bunch of noises out sober that u catch when ur up. It's those noises a bunch of times that leads someone spiraling down psychosis stairway. Don't buy more than a g at a time unless ur sure u can resist the urge
That way if u do fuck uo and slip u don't have enough to start a spiraling binge. If daily using steadily after 2 months go a week without it. If you're only wanting it for a small period of time (a few weeks and done) than don't do any at all on ur 5th day up just ride out the brain dead wave of lethargy all day and either sleep that night or try to wait till like 2 ot 3 am to do the next bump.

I've done many many many months and months of binges doing this right here. Smoking absolutely is worse for your mental health Than snorting. Idk why but psychosis always sets in a bit quicker than if u ONLY snort

That might be a little OTT routine for managing daily stress headaches.

But was interesting to read your insight/experience.

Interestingly I did 200 mg meth before, oral ROA in one dose, no problem.

Then 180 mg over 24 hours, snorting, and went into hella psychosis.

So yes I agree snorting does seem to bring out psychosis easier, it appears?

That might be a little OTT routine for managing daily stress headaches.

But was interesting to read your insight/experience.

Interestingly I did 200 mg meth before, oral ROA in one dose, no problem.

Then 180 mg over 24 hours, snorting, and went into hella psychosis.

So yes I agree snorting does seem to bring out psychosis easier, it appears?
Oh you were talking about for fucking stress headaches 😅 . I obviously must of looked right over that part of ur post my bad! Yeah this is the way to constantly steady use if ur using jt for focus and pain. And I said smoking is what leads tk psychosis quicker when you're just casually binging. Like a line here a line there you normally take ages to get there unless their big lines. But if u snort and smoke and are doing it like that ull usually start hearing things sooner. Than if you Only smoke u usually hear it even quicker than that

this is hell
I don't mind being disoriented if it helps otherwise lol. I often do shit just totally fucked up.

It seems many marijuana smokers agree with you.

It's bizarre but although the OTC painkillers like codeine/solpedeine aren't "trippy", when I take them, it's actually like a pressure valve in my nervous system is released and I can literally feel the pain drain away.
I begin to feel lighter and like I hate the world less.

When that pain is constant, throbbing away constantly in the background it actually feels kid of trippy in itself to feel it just dissolve away and be replaced by the mild elation of codeine.

Oh you were talking about for fucking stress headaches 😅 . I obviously must of looked right over that part of ur post my bad! Yeah this is the way to constantly steady use if ur using jt for focus and pain. And I said smoking is what leads tk psychosis quicker when you're just casually binging. Like a line here a line there you normally take ages to get there unless their big lines. But if u snort and smoke and are doing it like that ull usually start hearing things sooner. Than if you Only smoke u usually hear it even quicker than that

Oh really?

Would 180 mg be enough to bring out psychosis in an inexperienced user?

I felt like I was on the brink of a kind of "visual breakthrough" psychotic episode before, but quickly dosed 100 mg seroquel before the visuals "broke through".

Oh really?

I felt like I was on the brink of a kind of "visual breakthrough" psychotic episode before, but quickly dosed 100 mg seroquel before the visuals "broke through".
Gimme 2 minutes and I'll tell you. Gotta go see what that would look like in line form rq

Oh really?

Yes if you were not using it very often at that point I could definitely see it causing you to get the real beginning stages of psychosis.

Psychosis isn't always based off how much you do either its base off a bunch of factors. How much had u ate in the past 2 weeks before doing the 180mg in a day? How much SUNLIGHT had you had in days before? How much water were ya drinking? And how much sleep had you had in 2 weeks. Each of those plays a factor in your body starting to act weird and see or feel weird ways. Usually the bad bad psychosis is because sleep deprivation is also kicking ur ass and making you hallucinate. If ur sober and stay up 3 or 4 days you'll hallucinate.

Pregabalin, Lyrics....... does this drug make you sleepy?

I mean, it wouldn't really be suitable for daytime use?

Unsure if it's used to treat headaches also?

Yes and no.

Without tolerance I observed it to be pretty dizzying, confusing and manic. It has worked as sleep aid but it is not ideal for that either.

I think there is so much going on in pregabalin that you can be pretty wasted to do shit but not really never reaching the knock-out either, at least without weed. But weed+pregabalin has used to do the trick.