• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need input on shroom bad trip

Mushrooms have a darkness to them.

Don't believe the hippie slant that because they're natural they're safer or more friendly in character. They will kick your ass until you "get it" and if you don't ever "get it" they will continue to randomly kick your ass. Its kind of the whole character of high dose mushrooms.

Like some kind of standoffish little spirit monkey knocking you on the head with his cane because you cant answer his riddle.
This is really the brass tacks of it. Mushrooms are a harsh teacher. I find the most enjoyable part of the trip is the last third when the effects begin wearing off... almost as if you're feeling good because you're like, "Phew, THAT'S over."

Like many have already said, mushrooms have this mind-fucking quality that other psychedelics, i.e. LSD and mescaline, just don't have. Everyone is different, but I know that's been my experience. 3.5 grams is getting into breakthrough territory, IMO, so that could be your problem right there. You might have been right on the verge of breakthrough but your ego wasn't having it and when you start to fight it like that it's easy to have a bad trip. In my experience, once you've achieved ego death, it's harder to have a bad trip than when you're on a lighter dose and are still relatively coherent. It still happens, but the more your conscious mind is still able to interfere with the trip, the more likely it is to swirl out of control.

I've had one experience similar to the one you describe. I believe it was also an 1/8 ounce dose of dried cubensis. I took it early in the morning expecting to go for a walk, but I ended up lying in the fetal position on the floor for 4 hours with really dark visuals and not much else. I was used to those kinds of doses though. I think the first time I ever did mushrooms I took an eighth. I've been upwards of a quarter ounce and when you let go finally it can be an incredible experience. Not that I recommend going that high. And if you do, definitely work your way up.

My best advice to you if you ever plan to do it again would be to start small and do your best to kind of let go and lean into the trip. Just go where it takes you when you start to feel uncomfortable. Don't try to fight it or stop it, just go with it. You'll likely find that whatever you were afraid of or fighting is usually nothing. And if it is something real in your life that your mind just won't let you address when you're tripping, all I can say is that you're going to have to address it sooner or later, sober or otherwise. Oftentimes people find that psychedelics were the only things that allowed them to face their issues head on. That's what I'm considering right now. After a long break from psychedelics I'm hoping that some experiences might help me to address my own addiction. I had a few gnarly bad trips at the end of my consistent psychedelic use and stopped for over 4 years before I did them again. I've dabbled here and there since then, mostly with DMT, but my active addiction to heroin has kept me from any notable experimentation. I look forward to going back to those places I was so fond of once though.

They will kick your ass until you "get it" and if you don't ever "get it" they will continue to randomly kick your ass. Its kind of the whole character of high dose mushrooms.

Like some kind of standoffish little spirit monkey knocking you on the head with his cane because you cant answer his riddle.

😄

This is exactly it.

Definately have had post eating experiences where I feel nothing almost to the point of feeling ripped off, and then a single pot hit causes the peak to immediately conjure.

The time I ate 7 grams of shrooms I had quite a trip. It goes like this I had an ounce of shrooms and they were bagged up into 6 gram bags. So on an empty stomach I ate 6 grams and then I ate about another gram out of another bag, they kicked in within 15 to 20 minutes and I felt a very intense body high and colors and everything became brighter and more enhanced, I took a step outside and everything looked really beautiful, so I went back in the house and started watching some trippy videos on YouTube. I closed my eyes and I was seeing colors and shaped patterns.

I opened my eyes and I got up and looked out of the window and there was a car sitting in front of my house and there what looked like a middle aged white man sitting in the car and he was looking at me with binoculars and I instantly became delusional thinking he was an undercover cop coming to get me and that he knew I was tripping and that I had more shrooms. It's like he telepathically told me to surrender to him with the mushrooms. So I turned off the TV and went hiding in my bedroom with an intense sense of impending doom going through my body.
Let me say that I had a run in with the police and narcotics agents the day before this while I was on a crack binge and it was on my mind. Anyway I decided to go outside and look and when I went outside it was only two teenagers sitting in the car and they were Spanish. I went back in the house and all of a sudden I thought those two kids were gang members coming to kill me so I was hiding away from the windows thinking they were going to open fire at the house.
The reason I think I had this delusion was because the day prior when I hadthe run in with the police a car of Spanish kids pulled up and were watching so I got paranoid thinking they came to my house to get me. Anyway the trip was going strong and all of a sudden I felt my deceased dad's spirit become alive inside of me and I felt his presence and my thoughts were his thoughts like I was doing telepathy with me dead dad and i broke out crying like a baby . My mother called the house phone and I got emotional with her and hung up and then I heard sirens and I became delusional again thinking that the police had the phone tapped and that they heard get emotional and that they were sending an ambulance to my house because I was having a bad trip. So I called my mother back and apologized.

The trip lasted 6 hours and the body high was very intense and colors and everything were very bright and enhanced, my visual acuity became much more sharp and everything was so vibrant, everything I thought about I was able to feel physically with my body and my emotions. I was able to feel the brightness of everything. But what struck out the most was the delusional mindfuck of the trip. It wasn't necessarily a visual trip but everything that was going on in my life the shrooms made me confront it head on and it was scary but therapeutic