• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Need help filling out a profile question!!!

Bwuahaha, thanks guys!! It wasn't my best writing piece ever but only took me a minute to type out. :p

social group for introverts

Quite an oxymoron huh? I'm not always introverted but I was just browsing the local groups and it sounded interesting because I can be kind of reserved around strangers at first. As far as filling things out I think it might be more of a case of writer's block when it comes to certain questions. "Describe yourself" is a big one for me... I hate that question lol. Unless someone engages me I don't usually know what to say. Anyways thanks for the responses especially Diamonds.

I haven't actually pursued the one introvert meetup but there is another one I actually talked to the lady who runs it. It's just a little different than what I thought it was. It's along the lines of group talk therapy but it uses a certain method called "nonviolent communication". I might check it out after I learn a bit more about it. I'm not sure. I haven't written it off, it's just not something I'm familiar with.

Last edited:
do you play any sports? i remember there was a lot of sporting groups (soccer, basketball, ultimate-frisbee, etc) and outdoor activities like hiking. I'm sort of curious what the introverts do during the meetups? I suppose they try to become comfortable in larger groups.

do you play any sports? i remember there was a lot of sporting groups (soccer, basketball, ultimate-frisbee, etc) and outdoor activities like hiking. I'm sort of curious what the introverts do during the meetups? I suppose they try to become comfortable in larger groups.

I just realized how bad it sounds to say that I'm not used to "nonviolent communication". HA! But no I don't play sports. I was pretty heavy into weightlifting years ago but alcoholism pretty much took my interest in that away. I am currently working on getting it back tho with weights in the garage for now. I did see an adult flag football group, but I think I would need to be in a little better shape than I currently am for that.

I am an introvert. It is not that I have a hard time in groups, I just prefer to unwind by being alone. I draw the strength to recharge my batteries by being quiet and thinking. I can talk at lengths, but I much prefer to think.

If I was asked the question to describe myself I would probably say; I have exactly two eyes, no more no fewer.