• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Need advice on injection site looking weird (ANOTHER NEW UPDATE)

_20190831_065931.JPG

See before, the patch ended jussst inside the line, now it seems to be about 1 or 2mm outside of it in places. It's very warm. And throbbing. I can feel the throbbing through out my whole body. In my head. My ears are ringing I can't get to sleep. Not sure whether to go back and see another doctor? It's about time I took my 2nd dose of anti biotic.

What? That big black circle was drawn by your doc? The thing is too big, the infection won't get thaaaat big without you being really sick. It doesn't seem like a big mark, he would've drained it if there was something to drain, just take the antibiotics for now. And unpanick a bit, stressing over it may make feel worse

Yeah man, an accidents and emergency duty doctor not my GP. He drew it around the red warm area underneath the injection site not the actual surface wound/blister.

It feels warm and hard underneath. My arm feels stiff to move.

Aaaaah I see now what you're talking about, yes go to an ER, i thought he was meaning that the if the abscess itself grows that big to go back not the rash, considering you are not feeling ok it's better to go again an address the symptoms

Aaaaah I see now what you're talking about, yes go to an ER, i thought he was meaning that the if the abscess itself grows that big to go back not the rash, considering you are not feeling ok it's better to go again an address the symptoms

Do you think so? I was dismissed around 6 hours ago. Just took my 2nd dose of anti-biotics. Trying not to sniff too much ket.

(kinda off topic but of humour comment) Bro if my abcess was that big?? I'm doing ketamine not fucking krokodil you mad head ?? if it was that big half my arm would be hanging off! Jeez Louise.

But yea seriously do you think I should go back now? The ER is 13 miles away and I don't have a car lol

He can't do anything anyway, but I was saying to address the symptoms so he can give you something to feel better, for the infection he can't give anything better than antibiotics.

Yeah I got it, I was thinking at first that the doc was taking the piss with the circle stuff, because it was very big for an abscess that little, but the rash pic clarified it

one dose of antibiotics isn't enough, i had 6 separate courses of antibiotics in my last year of addiction, so consider myself experienced as to when they start working. once you're a full day in you should start feeling better. til then you just gotta ride it out. and use the fucking alcohol wipes!!! not that i can talk the and chest infections were why i needed so many.

also try not to use anything. i'm pretty sure i could avoided my chest infections by stopping smoking crack when i got a cold. if you can't so your body can heal then you possibly do need help to stop when you're ready.

I've had 5 doses on anti biotics now.
I haven't injected again. I have been sniffing but I have lowered my use right down. I've been eating little because the doc said the antibiotics would work better on empty stomach. I've slept alot.
The rash has spread I'd say around an inch out of the circle down toward my wrist BUT I do not feel shaky and jittery and I'm not getting the sweats etc anymore.
The rash still feels warm but not as warm as yesterday. The blister looking thing is still there. I think this may actually just be a blister not an abcess and because I used boiling water and didn't let it cool before poking myself. I think it's popped once and refilled. Fingers crossed the antibiotics are working. I feel relieved, lucky and stupid I'm not going to be injecting again in a hurry I can tell you that.

A scare but fingers crossed it'll be OK. Eye opener for sure. Thanks to anyone who replied.

I'm gonna go back to sleep if it's worse in the morning I'm going back to the ER. _20190901_000430.JPG_20190901_000514.JPG

Oh shit yeah. It is spreading. I would definitely go back unless you see dramatic improvement by morning, or if you start to feel worse.
It's an inconvenience going back, but imagine how much more of an inconvenience living life with one arm would be!

Oh shit yeah. It is spreading. I would definitely go back unless you see dramatic improvement by morning, or if you start to feel worse.
It's an inconvenience going back, but imagine how much more of an inconvenience living life with one arm would be!

OK so I've woken up and the blister has popped in my sleep and is now an open wound. The red rash underneath does look like it's spread a bit but it's defo dying down.
It feels nowhere near as hot as before in fact it's hardly warm or painful at all. I've been taking the antibiotics as advised. I feel fine although I have diarrhea and my urine is extremely yellow but these are common side effects according to the leaflet. I don't think I'll go back. Just wondering if I should put a plaster or some sort of dressing over this wound now?

_20190901_233855.JPG_20190901_233933.JPG_20190901_233953.JPG

Glad you're feeling better! Again, not medically trained but you definitely want to keep it clean and keep taking the full course of antibiotics.
It's good to let the nasty shit leak from the hole, but important to keep it clean, so I would dress it but not plug it up with a little sticky plaster, if I'm making sense...
Im basically just bumping this for you...

Glad you're feeling better! Again, not medically trained but you definitely want to keep it clean and keep taking the full course of antibiotics.
It's good to let the nasty shit leak from the hole, but important to keep it clean, so I would dress it but not plug it up with a little sticky plaster, if I'm making sense...
Im basically just bumping this for you...

Thanks bro. Really appreciate all the replys.
The red patch is basically all gone now. And the spot looks like its starting to heal.
I haven't dressed it but I've been trying my best to keep it clean, and when I sleep I just wrap some tissue around it so I don't rub it on the duvet/against myself/let sweat into it. I can't take a photo right now but I'll post one ASAP.
Thanks again.

Pics as promised. One with flash one without. _20190903_203850.JPG_20190903_203907.JPG
The big red rash has gone now but it is a little red around the actual spot. Seems to be a tiny bit redder ever since I washed the pen off my arm, hoping that a tiny bit of soapy water going in it wouldn't have comprised anything.
Still taking antibiotics as advised.

Any advice?

Bump. Anyone else had or seen abscesses start/disappear/been through or witnessed injection sites looking like this and come out the other side, arm still intact?

Im sure they have. However I have seen users with chunks missing from their arms due to untreated abscesses.
Just keep taking your antibiotics and as long as it keeps improving you're golden.

Im sure they have. However I have seen users with chunks missing from their arms due to untreated abscesses.
Just keep taking your antibiotics and as long as it keeps improving you're golden.

Yeah that's not what I want lol.

He told me to take 4 a day for 5 days but gave me enough to take 4 a day for 7 days I'm gonna just keep taking them until I run out I think I have about 6 doses left

It's quite hard because you have to take them on a proper empty stomach for them to work aparantly 1 hour before food or 2 hours after
Staying awake and not eating fuck all is been a easy thing but I also feel like I should be eating and sleeping loads to heal?