• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Need advice on injection site looking weird (ANOTHER NEW UPDATE)

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
I used to always use the bicep veins until they collapsed. Then I used wrist and now mainly use crooks of arms where only really my right one has 2 visable ones left.
The other night I tried to use one of the 2 smaller veins that run up the underside of your forearm near to the elbow as a friend pointed them out to me. I put it in but didn't register an pulled it out, maybe a tiny amount was on the tip or outside of the needle, I had only poked myself once or twice with this needle trying to register, and only once in this particular spot. I was using alcohol swabs the whole night but to be honest I don't think I actually swabbed this area before trying to stick it.
I've had all sorts of bumps bruises lumps from missed shots etc that have luckily all gone away over time but never one that looks like this it sort of looks like a mini blister has formed?
I'm just worried it may be the start of an abcess and if I should go doctors?
The drug used was ketamine, crystal cooked down until boiled tap water and filtered through a cigarette filter.
I have used this method hundreds of times and had marks bumps lumps n bruises collapsed loads of veins but never seen one that looked like a blister or that it was forming puss or liquid? I'll attach a picture now. Thanks to any replys! Peace to all

Last edited:
Pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190830-211135.png
    Screenshot_20190830-211135.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20190830-211141.png
    Screenshot_20190830-211141.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 68
I've never IV'd but the green colouration isnt good. Is it warm and painful? Do you feel sweaty, feverish, ill at all? If so go to hospital straight away, no hesitation.

Also the area that you used is one where sweat will collect, and bacteria will feed off the lipid (sounds like near your armpit) so you really should have been extra careful and swabbed it thoroughly.

Could be an abscess. Sorry, I think you need to go to hospital if it gets any worse at all.

I do feel a bit like that yes OK I'm going to go to AnE ASAP thanks so much

No I don't IV but even if I was a doctor that shot up on the weekends I can't really diagnose you from the internet.

Abscesses are a very serious thing, there have been Bluelighters that have literally lost life and limb over them. There's a (in)famous post of someone asking about missed a shot, then a day or two later posting about how he lost his arm. He was shooting ambien pills but the message still applies.

IVing is risky shit, if it seems sketchy don't hesitate to go to the ER.

Good idea! You should be ok as long as you're seen in hospital. You could avoid losing an arm by taking some antibiotics for a week. Easy decision.

Any more advice? Feeling well shaky

Attachments

• _20190831_011005.JPG
    _20190831_011005.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 25
I was seen by a doctor who said itl ooked infected and got given a course of antibiotic tablets to take 4 times a day for 5 days and told to go back if it really worsens or I can't keep the tabs down. He advised I took 2 straight away. He said there was no tracks so it didn't look too bad.

He drew around the red area on my arm in big black permanent marker and told me to come back straight if the red area really spreads or I start really sweating badly and feeling really shaky and dizzy etc. Which I am a bit but only slightly and in waves on and off.

Also gave me a card for some like good samaritan kind of place to phone about drug misuse etc. Was a good guy. Going to sleep now. Feeling like shit.

Not feeling great. Rang the mental health place and the woman was a bitch. Didn't care just wanted to fob me off to the center when it opens in 12 hours.

My arm feels weird. I think the red patch is starting to spread outside of the area he drew around. Still getting waves of jitters. Will take and attach a photo now. Not sure if I should go back or not.

It won't let me up load multiple photos keeps saying file too big?

What? That big black circle was drawn by your doc? The thing is too big, the infection won't get thaaaat big without you being really sick. It doesn't seem like a big mark, he would've drained it if there was something to drain, just take the antibiotics for now. And unpanick a bit, stressing over it may make feel worse

The circle must've been much smaller, if you get an abscess that size it's veeery bad.