• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nearly 17 too young lsd?

I am 17 and have experianced with psychedelics tons of times and never did any harm.I even helped me pass through some hard times and helped me get rid of some mental anxiety. Altho I've always looked at psychedelics as enlightning and selfcentered without truely considering it as a party drug. I also always made sure that I was ready to trip and that I was ready to handle the dose I was going to take to avoid bad trips. But on medical level I am pretty sure there is no ture harm you can get from LSD.

First make sure it's TRUE LSD. Because the substitutes sold on street are really crappy shit. (N-BOMe family an some others)
You can try putting under black light if it glows you ruled out some of the crappy substitutes. then you can either destroy the dose with a chemical test to seek INDOLES.

Or you can just eat it, if you get high its mostly LSD or ALD-52 if not well you had shit in your paper. LSD and ALD-52 are pretty much the only drugs sold as LSD that can be absorbed orally. Others get destroyed.

LSD AND ALD-52 DO NOT TASTE BITTER unles they are really old.

Once you have identified LSD you just set up a place and a moment. The more prepared you are the better it will be cuz trust me you wont want to think about stuff that are liked to reality if you take a high dose.

As tacodude suggested, we all mature differently and no one can tell you the agethat isright for you to try psychedelics. When I was young and decided to try something, no one could have stopped me. If this is you, the best advice I can give is to simply read up and educate yourself as much as possible. I sure wish I had the benefit of a site like this when I was your age!

I don't think I read anybody suggesting that you have a sitter. If you've done your research I guess you should already know that. I was 15 when I did LSD for the first time. If I had to do it again, I might have waited a few years before doing it. I got a lot more out of doing psychedelics in my late 20s.

I am 17 and have experianced with psychedelics tons of times and never did any harm.I even helped me pass through some hard times and helped me get rid of some mental anxiety. Altho I've always looked at psychedelics as enlightning and selfcentered without truely considering it as a party drug. I also always made sure that I was ready to trip and that I was ready to handle the dose I was going to take to avoid bad trips. But on medical level I am pretty sure there is no ture harm you can get from LSD.

First make sure it's TRUE LSD. Because the substitutes sold on street are really crappy shit. (N-BOMe family an some others)
You can try putting under black light if it glows you ruled out some of the crappy substitutes. then you can either destroy the dose with a chemical test to seek INDOLES.

Or you can just eat it, if you get high its mostly LSD or ALD-52 if not well you had shit in your paper. LSD and ALD-52 are pretty much the only drugs sold as LSD that can be absorbed orally. Others get destroyed.

LSD AND ALD-52 DO NOT TASTE BITTER unles they are really old.

Once you have identified LSD you just set up a place and a moment. The more prepared you are the better it will be cuz trust me you wont want to think about stuff that are liked to reality if you take a high dose.
This is wrong for so many reasons besides bringing up ald52. IMO bad advice. Out of all common tryptamine compounds (dmt, psilocybin, and lsd) LSD is the only one that's known to commonly set off major disorders possibly because of its dopamine activity, but that also could be useful for some like those facing tough challenges like cancer or other terminal illnesses. Just do your best to understand yourself, acknowledge the risks, and be prepared to accept any outcome.

Saying "I was 17 when I took LSD the first time, and I'm fine, therefore it's fine for everybody else" is like saying "I know someone who smoked 40 cigarettes a day, and lived to be 95 years old".

It's a completely failed logic. Nobody cares what age you took LSD the first time, and how well you coped with it, because it means fuck all.

Fact is, here on bluelight, it's easy to see a direct correlation between age and bad trips, and difficulty in integrating the experience.

It's really mostly kids under 20 who come on here whinning and shitting them selves, asking " will I ever be okay/feel normal again?".

^Agreed. It's mostly the integration that's lacking, IME, and that's very important. I was around that age as well and in hindsight I would have preferred to have waited a few years, and I also did a ton of research.

That said, the OP has allegedly done a ton of research. That doesn't prepare you in the slightest, but if he feels like he is ready then who are we to judge? Sure, it's very young. But if you do a ton of research, and you really want to do it, then no matter how hard we scream "NO!", you will probably do it anyway. All we can really do is help make it as good of an experience as possible.

So, OP, what is your plan? How are you going to make your first psychedelic experience a success? We can't really help you if you just ask if it's a good idea without telling us about the variables that could make or break the trip.

No I don't think that is to young at all. The first and only time I took LSD I was 14 years old. Needless to say it was the most amazing experience of my life. It changed the way I thought about things and the way I viewed the world in a most positive way. If I could do it over I wouldn't change a thing. Just make sure what you have is actually LSD. A erlich test yes will prove it is a lysergamine but that doesn't mean that it is LSD. It could be al lad. I have heard alot of the L that is going around now is al lad as it is quite easy to get in large amounts. And remember no tap water and if it is bitter it is a SPITTER!!

Thought you had to be over 18 on here? But personally I'm not u . Despite what is said you'll use anyway but your brain is maturing Til 23 or so I think. I'm guilty of using very young also but older I get I see why it's probably good idea to not use such strong drugs so young. Try to keep thebrain intact for as long as u can ha

Fact is, here on bluelight, it's easy to see a direct correlation between age and bad trips, and difficulty in integrating the experience.

It's really mostly kids under 20 who come on here whinning and shitting them selves, asking " will I ever be okay/feel normal again?".
Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned since I signed up on this forum it's that kids shouldn't be messing around with psychedelics (or any recreational drug for that matter).
Every other day some troubled teenager comes on here and posts some long ass thread talking about how screwed up they are from an acid trip that happened months ago.

I'd wait until 25 to try drugs like this. Even MJ has been linked to slight developmental differences.

OP: LSD will change the course of your entire life. Are you ready for that?

If yes, you're old enough to do it.

For my part, I wish I'd started taking LSD when I was 15. It would have given me some much-needed perspective and clarity. But that's just my life. Other people are different.

Well I was 16 when I first tried lsd and it was a eye opening experience one that changed me forever in a good way. And it is defiantly a massive step up from any other drug like cannabis. It's really up to you if you believe you are ready for the greatest or the most horrible hours of your life go for it but make sure you are ready. Also a few tips if you do make sure the setting is right like you won't have to rush home to your parents trust me having a full blown trip and trying to talk to your parents xD

Well after tons of research I've decided I'm going to try it tomorrow. I'd like to think I'm rather developed mentally & have a wide understanding of things, but then again that could just show my immaturity, just curious of people's opinions? I've read how much of a mindfuck this stuff is, & yeah I know the risks, getting valium on hand for a bad trip. I'm 16, but 17 next month, what are you thoughts?

The fact you are asking tells me you got some big doubts, unless you are guru level at meditation I wouldnt recommend it. Scared/nervous/excited yep...fully thought out research and valium on hand .... nope

LSD isnt going to disappear over night, wait it out 6 months and see if you feel the same

Well I was 16 when I first tried lsd and it was a eye opening experience one that changed me forever in a good way. And it is defiantly a massive step up from any other drug like cannabis. It's really up to you if you believe you are ready for the greatest or the most horrible hours of your life go for it but make sure you are ready. Also a few tips if you do make sure the setting is right like you won't have to rush home to your parents trust me having a full blown trip and trying to talk to your parents xD

also im a lover of the DOC in my opinion it's a great drug

I started tripping on various things (including acid) in my teens and i'm a fuck up. take that for what it's worth.

also at 16 you should be focused on school and fucking girls. if you fuck up school like I did it's a hell of a time trying to catch up as an adult. it's fucked up in my opinion that what you do as a teen when your judgement isn't as good shapes the rest of your life, but it does.

I think thats a bit young for LSD, yes. However a close friend of mine took DMT for the first time at that age, but he had been interested in psychedelics for years and had done lots of research prior. I also tripped on AL-LAD with my 16-year-old brother, which may have been careless on my part, but he mentioned to me that the experience was life-changing and hasnt reported any bad side effects yet. My reasoning for this decision was that kids younger than him are being prescribed SSRIs and amphetamines for depression/adhd on a daily basis, which messes with your brain chemistry on a far greater level than one trip does.

Its all about the individual- yes I think 16 or even 17 is young to take psychedelics but I wouldnt say its off limits

Ideally, nobody would use powerful mind altering drugs until something like 21 but if you're a fairly mature minded person then it probably wouldn't have much negative potential, at reasonable doses, to take it once you've hit puberty. 12 would definitely be too young. I wouldn't go taking a 10 strip like some people do either, but one or two hits probably wouldn't be problematic.

I don't recommend it but knowing that teens will be teens, it's preferable to getting drunk, which can have some serious ramifications, often involving death or injury. When I drank when I was a teenager I got crazy as an Indian on firewater. I would steal some little kid's bike that they left unlocked by their home and then fall down a bunch of times and get all banged up. Then later I'd feel really bad for depriving that poor kid of their bike, which I would just abandon somewhere. Normally I wouldn't do anything like that. Alcohol makes you totally insane, especially when you're young and have low body weight.

Last edited:
Your brain is not done developing at this age and you process risk, emotions, and a number of other things poorly. It has nothing to do with "how you feel" about your own maturity: No one should trip this young. It's not worth the risk. As mentioned above, "I tripped at X years old and I'm fine" is a stupid, fallacious argument.