• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA BCS National Championship: OSU Vs LSU

if you do not have anything to add to the discussion, like normal MP, just don't say (type) anything at all.

Max, if your posts were at all relevant to the thread, they'd probably be left intact. If not, then not.

BA, I like the pic, but the outreached hand should be attached to one of the big boobies of the chick floating around as his 'girlfriend' ;) That, change the football out for a bible and put a cross on that chain.

I'll go along with atlas that Morena won't win a Heisman. He's right, the big games, he was THE factor of the game. As a freshman you can get away with that to some degree, for the next 3 years, teams will no about him (and be looking for payback on getting burned so bad this year). He's amazing, but UGA will need to balance out their attack with better passing to keep him open enough to get good stats. Either way - UGA relies too much on him and teams stuff the run OR UGA balances out their offense and he gets fewer touches - Either way, his stats go down and no Heisman. That isn't to say he is not a great player, just that he won't get a Heisman, IMO.

Fuck Fulmer. I <3 TEN everytime they extend his contract, as it means we can count another year that they aren't a serious contender. This years SEC Championship was utter shit having them back into it (should have been UGA) but it is what it is and even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile. The only good thing I see for TEN getting in that game is it got us more years with Fulmer. :D

Reed, I'll never understand your hatred of Tennessee. You don't even share a border. We have to put up with them, you don't. It would be like us hating Bama instead of Auburn.

So, ya we agree, no heisman for moreno. I'm optimistic that Mark Richt will continue to attract talent like him though, and his coordinators will continue to get the job done. I don't its unreasonable to expect a nationa championship during his tenure.

TheLoveBandit said:
I'll go along with atlas that Morena won't win a Heisman. He's right, the big games, he was THE factor of the game. As a freshman you can get away with that to some degree, for the next 3 years, teams will no about him (and be looking for payback on getting burned so bad this year). He's amazing, but UGA will need to balance out their attack with better passing to keep him open enough to get good stats. Either way - UGA relies too much on him and teams stuff the run OR UGA balances out their offense and he gets fewer touches - Either way, his stats go down and no Heisman. That isn't to say he is not a great player, just that he won't get a Heisman, IMO.

you bring up some good points about why Moreno might never win a Heisman. these things I would know if I watched his every game, but I only was able to see about 4 UGA games this year (mostly at a sports bar). this is why I love BL for sports.

being a good QB is much easier with a solid running attack. it won't be very difficult for the Bulldogs to find a decent guy to run the gun.

shit, now look. your s&g mod is derailing the BCS title thread. at this point I really don't know if either OSU or LSU will win. if this hellacious year of college football is any indication to this game - who knows?

atlas said:
So, ya we agree, no heisman for moreno. I'm optimistic that Mark Richt will continue to attract talent like him though, and his coordinators will continue to get the job done. I don't its unreasonable to expect a nationa championship during his tenure.

woah there, it is going to be awhile until Georgia can even think about the NC. first they have to think real hard about not losing to 6-6 teams who's name rhymes with South Carolina.

mouth barolina?

If UGA hadn't not showed up until the second half (which, I'm being very up front about, is a serious problem with UGA) during the Tennessee game, we would have beaten the Vols, gone on to the SEC championship, and would have been very competitive against LSU, who have been beset by injuries.

I think a strong case could have been made of a national championship bid if UGA was a one loss team in a conference with a championship game. That's all it takes to change history :\

I can assure you, UGA can turn into the school nobody wants to play as quickly as Miami and florida state, and Notre Dame can piss away everything they've ever had.

Miami and Notre Dame are worthless and are going to continue through that track for a couple years.

Florida State is the only team that has momentum in those listed above. mostly because they compete in the ACC, though.

atlas said:
mouth barolina?

If UGA hadn't not showed up until the second half (which, I'm being very up front about, is a serious problem with UGA) during the Tennessee game, we would have beaten the Vols, gone on to the SEC championship, and would have been very competitive against LSU, who have been beset by injuries.

I think a strong case could have been made of a national championship bid if UGA was a one loss team in a conference with a championship game. That's all it takes to change history :\

I can assure you, UGA can turn into the school nobody wants to play as quickly as Miami and florida state, and Notre Dame can piss away everything they've ever had.

Georgia def. isnt the spokespeople for sportsmanship Ill tell you that, bunch o' fuckin assholes. With their stupid crap, rude ... yeah

this, coming from a fan of the most penalized team in all of college athletics. 8) (under Spurrier, anyway, who's shadow continues to loom large over the program, imo)

I'll hold my tongue further, though, I might need a fishing guide. I'll leave you with this: Florida fans are the only fans I've heard of who see nothing wrong with hurling glass jars of human urine at UGA fans... in the gatorbowl. Inland Florida is the most backwards place I've ever been, and I've seen west virgina. I fyou ask me, Ted Bundy should have been Mayor of that shithole city in the swamp. ;)

see... you got me started ;)

cowban4.jpg

not-want.jpg

We will just have to waith and see what happens. If OSU wins, will all of you stop saying the SEC is way better than the Big 10? Just curious.

No. We'll say OSU got lucky ;) But then we'll point to the other bowl matchups (TN-WI and FL-MI primarilyi, but overall success as well) and all the other things we've held up all season (both MI and MN (lord pity them) losing to 1AA teams at home, overall SoS for the leagues, league balance from top to bottom, etc). No, I don't think that even if OSU wins, it'll undo the image the Big10+1 has earned. It'll help, as would having ILL win the Rose bowl and MI and WI win. But one game alone (even the NC)? No, not enough.

Likewise, I think everyone that points to SEC owning the Big10+1 is not looking at the big picture. Yes, FL beat the crap out of OSU, and MI got embarassed in their bowl game last year (those were the two 'best' teams from the Big10+1) so the league image took a significant hit that this years bowl games can rectify (or solidify). And yes, OSU is 0-8 vs SEC. But One game, or two games, does not define a team...or a league. The overall performance does, and in that regard the Big10+1 hasn't built a good reputation.

The season is waaayyy too short to be feasible, but it would be neat if we could have conference matchups like basketball does (Big10+1 vs ACC, PAC10-Big12, SECvsBigEasy). The Bball schedule is long enough to survive such losses, and it can accomodate more non-cupcake out-of-conference games and therefore allows us a better league-to-league comparison, but football can't do that. The closest they get are a single game home-and-away spread over 2 yrs (ie, OSU vs USC, TEN vs CAL, etc) or bowl matchups.

Lucky? Funny when it's the sec it's because their so tough, but if it's the big 10 doing to the sec it's luck. You sound sillier and sillier every time you post!

Oh and it's pretty much a home game for LSU.

smotpoker - you should know by now that calling Ohio State "lucky" in terms of their dominance in NCAA football is a known slander throughout history, for many many years. what did people say when we beat Miami for the NC? what did people say years before that, whenever we had any success?

that we're lucky,

the fact is that we are the personification of college football. Columbus is College Football Town, USA. when you aren't a Buckeye - you are pissed that you're not.

It *is* pretty much a home game for LSU :\ A good test of the OSU faithful, however, to see if they'll fill their share of the seats (many may be to burned from going to the NC game last year and wasting a vacation ;) ).

I'm going to assume the "Lucky?" comment wasn't at me, because I never mentioned luck for the Big10+1. I'm honestly confused on that one.

As for my hate of TN, I'll probably have to thank Spurrier for that, since TN was never a concern of mine until he made it another rivalry game (with UGA and FSU). So looking over the years from the early 90's thru today, we usually fought with TN for the SEC East - so I have resentment for the years they beat us. Throw into the mix the way he has consistently winning seasons (other than that one recently) with 8-4 or 9-3 records, and the media and TN fans start making noise of removing him...then he stays 8) I dunno, it's like having a record like his (which is impressive) isn't good enough for them, so they want to move up, but don't....I let my TN ire spread to him and ride the 'he sucks' bandwagon. Maybe it's the fact that I like seeing their fans so disappointed and upset with a coach who actually does a decent job when you look at the big picture. And, if TN fans are pissed for whatever reason, that makes me happy. Sick and twisted, but true.

Columbus is College Football Town, USA

Hello, College Football Town, have you met Title Town, USA ;)
BACK to BACK to BACK (to CrapitolOneBowl to NIT...... :\ )

Just because Columbus has nothing going for it, save for buckeye football, and OAR, doesn't make it the de facto college football town of America. If anything, its the de facto pussy-ass white-boy frattastic island rock capitol of America.

<Ohio retard>
as for "its an LSU homegame" Ya, it is. But the buckeyes are so badass, they go into happy valley and the big house, and dominate big ten teams there, and we all agree that big ten is the only place people play football that even approaches competence, so it shouldn't be an issue...

buckeyes by 50
</Ohio Retard>

Columbus has a lot going for it. we've got football, beer, and a great music scene.

OAR sucks and I don't understand where this frat boy comment is going? sure there are frats, but frat boys and OAR both suck. growing up I was in the punk scene, and it makes me LOL that you mentioned both OAR and fratties because there would often be brawls between the rockers and the frats.

by the way, I have played a show in Atlanta and the Columbus music scene tops it easily.

I love/am used to all this Ohio State hate. let the hate flow through your veins, it only makes me realize how much other programs wish they were us. we could have a one win season and our stadium would still be sold out every night.