• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nausea cures - What's saves your ass when throwing up/feeling shitty from opiates?

I believe the time I was royally fucked was when I drank ontop of doing alot of opiates, went to sleep, woke up and did more opiates when I was already feeling shitty. That threw me into the whole never-ending pukage ordeal many times. Guess mixing alcohol and opiates is not a good idea, especially on an empty stomach.

Benzos do help too, if not physically makin you feel better, they at least help you fight the sickness mentally, and sometimes help me eat when I can't.
Horrible advice!!! Just for anyone reading, PLEASE do not do this. Completely ineffective for nausea and also extremely dangerous mixing benzo's and opiates (potentially deadly)

I believe the time I was royally fucked was when I drank ontop of doing alot of opiates, went to sleep, woke up and did more opiates Guess mixing alcohol and opiates is not a good idea, especially on an empty stomach.
Yeeeaahhh.... It's not a good idea to mix these anyways since it massively increases the chance of overdose, but I get sick as fuck when I drink on top of opiates, despite the fact I usually don't get sick on opis unless I do massive doses.

Anti-emetics are your only friend when it's so bad you can't even keep water down and keep heaving and throwing up stomach acid (happens to me). For less violent nausea both ginger, peppermint and liquorice tea help calm things down. Once you stop being sick, snack on some plain salt crackers or day-old white bread.

I never got any nausea from opioids, not even in overdose :unsure: but indeed ginger works to some extent against nausea, or then out off the pharm arsenal it'd be ondansetron and other 5HT3 antagonists like memantine (which comes with the additional benefit of potentiating opioids to some degree). Peripheral dopamine antagonists like MCP (metoclopramide) might work as well but they have their own side effects.

For me its Dramamine, ginger ale and just laying down and staying still until it passes. I get that from doing too much kratom too.

Ginger works great for me. Try to get some of the 550mg ginger root powder capsules. They are very cheap. I take ginger every morning since I'm somewhat prone to motion sickness and it also helps with digestion.
The best thing you can do to relieve opiate related nausea is to sit down and lay still.
"Does it ease nausea? It’s thought that ginger gets its medicinal properties from gingerol, the main bioactive component in fresh ginger ... Shogaols are more concentrated in dried ginger". Which give its warming effects.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ginger-for-nausea#effectiveness

Dried ginger is very good when you have cold hands/ nose/ feet and such. While drying the Ginger undergoes 'probably' enzymatic changes which explain the difference in effect's. So I would advise a tea from fresh ginger and if you tolerate it a small toke of Cannabis.

That and lying flat on my stomach, feet up in the air, with a moan here and there.

I sit up against a wall and wrap my arms around my knees, letting my head rest on my arms. Many times, I stayed that way for hours.

The person who said “don’t move” kinda nailed it, though.

Echo on the ginger factor. That stuff is life saving. As well as black seed oil when you're bad sick. It really helps.