• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nausea cures - What's saves your ass when throwing up/feeling shitty from opiates?

Lechium

Bluelighter
Nausea cures - What saves your ass when throwing up/feeling shitty from opiates?

Well I was just wondering what everyone here does when they start getting nauseous from opiates, or when you're beyond the nausea and are sitting on the floor with your head buried in the toilet?

When listing what makes you feel better, it may be helpful to point out the severity of how ill you feel. I say this because sometimes I just have a little shitty feeling in my stomache that I can cure by doing/taking X, but I have also been so sick off opiates that I am not only throwing up, but dry-heathing and taking X doesn't even help-- I've been so sick that even drinking a sip of water would cause me to go toilet-swimming.

Anyway, for minor nausea I always found that smoking a bowl of some good bud would do the trick. Also, laying down on my stomache and just being calm and relaxed helps a lot.

I have also heard that eating ginger is great during times of great nausea, but aside from drinking some ginger tea while I was sick, I haven't yet had the chance to try this out. The ginger tea definitely helped though, so I can see how it can work very well.

Just going with the flow and letting it all come out.

With opiates, the puking doesnt last forever like drinking does. You puke, you feel better. Might as well just puke.

I know its placebo but I feel higher for the few minutes after I puke. Its very relieving.

if you are a weed smoker, it definitely helps

since I dont blaze anymore, I usually just have to wait it out

I usually puke as soon as I feel like I might be able to, because it does typically help. There have been times though when I have been so fucked up that I keep puking even if I have nothing in me to puke up, and at those times I only wish that I can hold down some water and food so that my body can get some nutrition, but usually at those times, I just have to wait it out and suffer. Thought that maybe someone here will have a miracle cure for situations like that.

I've always found that, for me, unless I'm 100% completely proper fucked up, just laying down flat on my back for a few minutes usually gets the nausea to pass. Benadryl seems to help a bit as well. But, like SPS said, if it's inevitable, just go with it... There's only been once where I just could not stop puking, and that was because I drank after slamming like 15 caps of decent powder. Bad idea, and the vomiting went on for about 4 hours.

I believe the time I was royally fucked was when I drank ontop of doing alot of opiates, went to sleep, woke up and did more opiates when I was already feeling shitty. That threw me into the whole never-ending pukage ordeal many times. Guess mixing alcohol and opiates is not a good idea, especially on an empty stomach.

Benzos do help too, if not physically makin you feel better, they at least help you fight the sickness mentally, and sometimes help me eat when I can't.

Lechium said:
I believe the time I was royally fucked was when I drank ontop of doing alot of opiates, went to sleep, woke up and did more opiates when I was already feeling shitty. That threw me into the whole never-ending pukage ordeal many times. Guess mixing alcohol and opiates is not a good idea, especially on an empty stomach.

Benzos do help too, if not physically makin you feel better, they at least help you fight the sickness mentally, and sometimes help me eat when I can't.

A girl I was involved with and also used with heavily swore by Xanax helping her nausea, which never made sense to me. It did the exact opposite for me, but apparently it can help.

And yeah, drinking on opiates is not a good idea. Unfortunately, that alone doesn't stop us addicts from doing it. The time I referenced above, I decided it would be okay to play the drinking game "Quarters" with a liter of Jagermeister. Ugh. Licorice flavored heroin puke. Lovely.

Lechium said:
I have also heard that eating ginger is great during times of great nausea, but aside from drinking some ginger tea while I was sick, I haven't yet had the chance to try this out. The ginger tea definitely helped though, so I can see how it can work very well.

Ginger works great for me. Try to get some of the 550mg ginger root powder capsules. They are very cheap. I take ginger every morning since I'm somewhat prone to motion sickness and it also helps with digestion.
The best thing you can do to relieve opiate related nausea is to sit down and lay still.

Just remembered something that always helps the situation for me- cooling the body down. Whether it be turning the AC on, taking a cool shower, or turning a fan on me when laying down would always help a lot.

Lechium said:
Just remembered something that always helps the situation for me- cooling the body down. Whether it be turning the AC on, taking a cool shower, or turning a fan on me when laying down would always help a lot.

Yeah, opiates overheat me like crazy. If I'm high, I have to be in a very cool environment with a fan pointed right at me or I'm an unhappy customer.

dont shoot dope and then take a big hit of crack!!!!!!!!!!!

projectile vomit anyone?

smorting and orally only these days seems to make me puke

This is going to sound unhealthy and weird. But I really dont mind throwing up while on opiates. It normally only happens once or twice after I've dosed (if that). If I'm at work or something though, I'll just try and sit still.

DoctorShop said:
This is going to sound unhealthy and weird. But I really dont mind throwing up while on opiates. It normally only happens once or twice after I've dosed (if that). If I'm at work or something though, I'll just try and sit still.

Not unhealthy or weird at all. In fact, it's incredibly common with opiates. It doesn't bother me either, or a lot of other people that I used to use with.

I had an oxygen tank that i would use when feeling dizzy; combined with remaining still it was effective. Marijuana always made it worse.

Believe it or not, in the course of my excessive opioids use, i only threw up one time, and this was from a duragesic (wearing one) when i had absolutely no tolerance...

^ Word. Fentanyl has made me throw up more than any other drug. I'd often take too much, throw up, then take more an hour later. I also threw up the first time I tried wearing just a portion of one patch when I had no tolerance.
Nice to see you posting again. :)

Edit: The patch I cut and wore was mylan brand and it had a solid matrix. Do NOT attempt to cut a duragesic gel patch because it will cause the fentanyl gel to be released more rapidly.

Last edited:
Diphenhydramine or Adarax (vistaril(sp)?) is good for nausea. Increases sedation as well.

Sonic, yeah, fentanyl always makes me vomit when I eat it.

I don't have much to say besides that.