• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Native Americans and Psychedelics

Can't find anything on such a group in Kentucky.

Do you have any additional reference?

As a somewhat conservative Christian, them my peeps!

- Rita Prell

I hope this isn't too close to sourcing, but I think it's hilarious...there's a super-straightlaced ultra Christian community in Kentucky that has secured some kind dispensation from the government to use San Pedro religiously and to host paying tourists to partake. I can't imagine anything much less pleasant than tripping balls on mescaline with a bunch of Christian zealots breathing down my neck.

Simco, the group you're referring to is really of great interest to me, as I have considered how to integrate psychedelics, starting with San Pedro, since it's legal to grow and possess (just not from which to make a "preparation," or - fuzzier on the legal language, here - to ingest), from a conservative Christian standpoint, into a worship service (obviously, of some length - which is not the norm for mainstream Protestant services of worship (such as meet that definition - and denominations do have their own guidelines or outright rules for this sort of thing, such as having scripture read and interpretation, thereof, so just sitting around, tripping out, even with God Almighty on one's mind doesn't meet that criteria, for example), so, I'm really not kidding to say that they're my peeps; I may have a lot in common with them and might learn about how they've put the worship and the ingestion, together, which would be different than the Native American church, which is kind-of spiritist-animist, combined with Christianity, and Santo Daime and Unio do Vegetal, too.

So, I was talking to my friend last week about psychedelics and she mentioned something about how there are Native American tribes who you can visit and they do this little trip guide thing. I guess you go to them and they give you something like slavia or something and then the members (or member) of the tribe takes you on this spiritual trip and they act as your guide for your trip. They have I guess some sort of program or guide for this. It sounds really enlightening and I am kind of interested in where I can find something like this but I don't know where I can find it. Do any of you guys know where I can find something like this? Because my friend doesn't know, she heard it from a friend and I may be interested in partaking in this later in life if it's still a thing.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articl...-got-shut-down-was-it-a-scamor-a-new-religion

Maybe the above is something akin to what the original poster was talking about.

Rita Prell