NASADDAs social v. Macbooks can fuck right off cause it's PFF's and Ohline's birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a 9mm cause its easy and cheap. PFF if you want stopping power I'd go .40 as its usually cheaper and more common. Cops usually carry 40s. I'm no expert and I'm sure there are plenty here that have shot more than me but I've shot a 357 and 40 and IMO there's not much difference. Personally I'd take a 9 because they are so much cheaper and easier to put lead on target.

Hey thanks PFF. It's actually been a while now, but you been gone for quite some time. Glad to hear things are going good for you now

JB- Yeah, I hear you on the 9 being a lot easier to dump lead into a target my 92 was great for that. That's why I'm thinking of also getting a little 380 or something to be pinpoint with if I ever need to and it's easier to tote around. I just want that full frame baretta 96 because it's beautiful, comfortable to hold and shoot (really rewarding feeling, not like all those compact bodyguard .40s they've been coming out with lately that are just uncomfortable to shoot), and just in case if I ever want to put lead on target really hard.

My boy just got a S&W M&P .40 and its pretty nice. If you want a composite that you can actually hold I like those. Of course there's Glock but in MA handguns have to be Mass compliant and the safeties (or lack of) render those a no go inkless you can find a pre ban model or buy it from someone that already has one.

I really want my handgun permit but luckily I have a lot of friends with cool toys.

I’m done with school for the week, so…who wants to get the weekend started early with me? All this gun talk is making me wet. Nothing relieves stress like shooting a gun. Especially when you are shooting at what is stressing you out.

This is what I use to go hunting, whether it be deer, bobcats, or coyotes. Nothing special, but I have never had any issues with it and nothing ever tries to run after getting hit. It's a Remington 700 ADL with a camo stock and matte finish.

NSFW:
d992b75353cee4d0bf253b66f09a5594.jpg

I approve. 30 alts are great deer guns. I dont hunt much at all anymore but i would be using something very similar.

Nice Remington deer rifle

I got myself a Vanguard SUB-MOA as my deer hunting rifle in .243 Winchester Caliber

7090d1330751032-wts-s-s-sub-moa-vanguard-7mm-rem-mag-pics-2012-02-21_20-05-18_225.jpg

Here's a video on "Hydrodipping" camo onto a gun which is what I assume Wiggi was talking about. I've seen it before on TV but, the process is cool if you've never seen it.

Vidya

Ya it looks like some version of it but, I think that Real Tree is a copyright thing. I just think that the process of turning a sheet into a liquid and then just dipping it on is pretty fucking cool. I mean I guess you could paint it on or apply sticker decals but, that would take a lot longer and likely not look as good.

Here's a video on "Hydrodipping" camo onto a gun which is what I assume Wiggi was talking about. I've seen it before on TV but, the process is cool if you've never seen it.

Vidya

I honestly had no idea how exactly they put camo on a gun, that really was a pretty cool video. I don't really like the glossy finish on that stock though, every gun that I have purchased has a matte finish on it. A glossy coat is too damn reflective if you are trying to hunt.

Unbreakable: I'm not sure exactly what brand camo that they are using, but I think it's Skyline Excel, same camo that's on my 30-06 that I posted above. I know you can get just about literally any brand/pattern of camo that you can imagine. Here's a link with all of the patterns available. I like that .243 a lot man, how much does it weigh?

Last edited:
Haha, you obviously grew up in a place very different that I did. I'm the only one of my friends from the east coast that has even held a gun. I'm not too bad with .22's, and .357 magnum is the largest caliber gun I can shoot BARELY competently, and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word. Tried to shoot .44 on a Desert Eagle, and that was an unmitigated disaster.
I live close to Detroit.

Happy Friday, United States.
everybody needs to party. I started a little while ago, and the sun hasn't even come up yet.
I got good smoke
I got good music
hmmmm...
I need some good food.
brb

Good morning everyone!

Wiggi, thank you for the response, I will probably try to catch you in PM and we can discuss your suggestions further. I am interested in your thoughts.

JB: I have thought about a 9mm. My dad is a gun hobbyist (even does his own reloads) so I have the opportunity to test out many different styles and calibers at the gun range. I also have the opportunity to practice so that will help.

Reckless: I've been gone since the end of September. I never actually thought I would actually be back but I decided not to let 4 stupid fuck, now ex, power hungry admins deter me from socializing with my friends. Hopefully this site is in better hands now.

^ if you are buying the gun for target shooting and general fun then like someone else said earlier in the thread a .22 is the gun to get. If for home defense then make sure it is a large enough caliber so any intruder will have a slim chance of returning fire.

I'm buying a gun for home protection. I purchased a house and am living alone now. I will have the opportunity to get proficient with any weapon I purchase because I have access to a range.

You're right and that is why I have been looking into a higher caliber gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.