NASADD Social - We Live on the Cusp of Death Thinking it Won't be Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i was really into it, but i mostly was just workin goin to school(n i had teken some semesters off so i mighta not been in school the last time you were frequenting the social) n gettin high n that was like my thing like my main thing aside from getting high but they dont really conflict they actually go quite nice together ;) , ive been tryin to be more social lately n gardening is a lot more work then most would imagine, i do love it n i know it is something that will be with me for life n im fine with that, im sure when im old it'll be me thing again, n like i said ill do some stuff this spring but right now im lookin to just get out be social n expand my network of friends cuz after heroin n that last relationship i did a good job of almost isolating myself, but things have been going good, was at applebees for my friends 21st the other night n asked our waitress to go out with us when she got off, it didnt go through but she has since txt'd she wants to hang out with of us, got a girls number in class today n im suppose to teach her n this other dude we were talkin with how to make hash oil later this week or next, met some kool people at that party friday night that ill be stayin in touch with, one girl happened to be the girl from the gas station by my house i always stop for cigarettes n we talked awhile n i got her name n the last 2 times i went to the gas station she was there n we talked for a bit so ima ask her for her number soon, id like to date her, so yea gardenin is the shit but its takin a back seat right now, funny you remembered the avacado plant, it was goin good....till mom killed it when i moved out

still would like to become n ethnobotanist as that was a good part of why i went with anthropology (tho now im doin n anth major n a substance abuse/rehab minor so i dont feel anthropology was as wasted of a degree as most people seem to think) but thats also on the back burner cuz ill have to go to another school and right now im just lookin to graduate, ill go back to school tho for the botany thing if i choose that route later on

oh n xmas cacti bloom every winter so i should be seein a gorgeous flower in weeks

Last edited:
wow memph really?

all you ever bitch about is how nobody posts in this thread now more people do and youre like "wtf man"

although if I had to live out of my car id be pretty illogical too

yea ive seen craigslist joe

fuckin sweet doc, really made/makes me wanna pick up n just leave, but school n probation got me tied down til summer

You know what, I had the same thought. I just don't know if I could go through all that...
but yea, I think about casting out like that and I wonder how long I could do it.

^^ right? fuck a vacation that would be the adventure of a lifetime

memph? you livin out of your car? hit me up man

Hol did you tell the girl from school she better be good at "dick-tastin' I mean dictation.

^^ no, i wasnt on my A game apparently ;)

but she was pretty damn cute n started talkin to me n then she waited for me after class to talk some more so that was pretty kool, but then again she might very possibly just be a friendly person but thats fine cuz im not necessarily lookin for a relationship just lookin for more friends outside of work, particularly those of the female variety

^ well sometimes my advice is terrible other times it's great. The problem is I cant tell the difference. :lol

yea i was really into it, but i mostly was just workin goin to school(n i had teken some semesters off so i mighta not been in school the last time you were frequenting the social) n gettin high n that was like my thing like my main thing aside from getting high but they dont really conflict they actually go quite nice together ;) , ive been tryin to be more social lately n gardening is a lot more work then most would imagine, i do love it n i know it is something that will be with me for life n im fine with that, im sure when im old it'll be me thing again, n like i said ill do some stuff this spring but right now im lookin to just get out be social n expand my network of friends cuz after heroin n that last relationship i did a good job of almost isolating myself, but things have been going good, was at applebees for my friends 21st the other night n asked our waitress to go out with us when she got off, it didnt go through but she has since txt'd she wants to hang out with of us, got a girls number in class today n im suppose to teach her n this other dude we were talkin with how to make hash oil later this week or next, met some kool people at that party friday night that ill be stayin in touch with, one girl happened to be the girl from the gas station by my house i always stop for cigarettes n we talked awhile n i got her name n the last 2 times i went to the gas station she was there n we talked for a bit so ima ask her for her number soon, id like to date her, so yea gardenin is the shit but its takin a back seat right now, funny you remembered the avacado plant, it was goin good....till mom killed it when i moved out

still would like to become n ethnobotanist as that was a good part of why i went with anthropology (tho now im doin n anth major n a substance abuse/rehab minor so i dont feel anthropology was as wasted of a degree as most people seem to think) but thats also on the back burner cuz ill have to go to another school and right now im just lookin to graduate, ill go back to school tho for the botany thing if i choose that route later on

oh n xmas cacti bloom every winter so i should be seein a gorgeous flower in weeks

Dude good on you for getting out there and being more sociable. Since I've graduated I moved back to my parents and have kinda isolated myself as well, everyone is in Socal it seems and I work from home so I don't actually have to see people everyday. It sucks. Keep on doing what you're doing, take up people on their offer to do things, especially if Applelebee's waitress is involved ;)

As far as school, do what makes you happy but have a backup plan. It sounds like you've got that with the minor going on, and antrho's actually really interesting even if the jobs aren't everywhere.

FYI, I expect pictures of the Christmas Cacti when it blooms.

wow memph really?

all you ever bitch about is how nobody posts in this thread now more people do and youre like "wtf man"

although if I had to live out of my car id be pretty illogical too

Memph is living is living out of his car now? Ouch.

nah Idk about right now I just remember him sayin somethin about it a while ago

memphy seems to be doing quite well for himself at this point in time.

everybody chill.

EDIT: just went outback for a cig n noticed my christmas cactus had sprotted a bulb, didnt think i was gonna see any flowers from it this year. my christmas cactus is as important to me as anyother plant i had or have, it was a cutting my gma gave me off her 20+ year old cactus, she gave me the cutting a few years back when i was wasnt sure how much longer she would be around. somehow her 20+year old cactus died so the cutting i have left is all that is left of that old old plant. when she was in the hospital a year or so ago i got her another christmas cactus but i always symbolized that cutting as her always being with me

in case yall havent ever seen you should google it there prob isnt a pretterier flower out there then a christmas cactus flower, my favorite flowers are orchids (one of my moms favorites) and christmas cactus

hopefully the bulb is a sign of good things to come, guess gma couldnt shine til i got better n started showin her a lil love

in '93 my mom started a cutting for me from a 100+ year old christmas cactus that was her grandmother's. i had it in florida for 18 years and it bloomed only 3 times w/ just a few flowers. i brought it back to new england in early 2012. a few weeks ago it bloomed, had 22 big, beautiful flowers, and now is growing like crazy. somehow it must know it's back home and apparently very happy.
my mom has been gone since '95 and although we had a difficult relationship, i really miss her and it made me so happy to see that christmas cactus covered w/ flowers. def felt like another affirmation that i've done the right thing by coming back home to new england.
high on life, i hope your cactus blooms soon and brings you smiles and much joy like mine did.
-izzy

Dude good on you for getting out there and being more sociable. Since I've graduated I moved back to my parents and have kinda isolated myself as well, everyone is in Socal it seems and I work from home so I don't actually have to see people everyday. It sucks. Keep on doing what you're doing, take up people on their offer to do things, especially if Applelebee's waitress is involved ;)

As far as school, do what makes you happy but have a backup plan. It sounds like you've got that with the minor going on, and antrho's actually really interesting even if the jobs aren't everywhere.

FYI, I expect pictures of the Christmas Cacti when it blooms.

yea quite interesting n if i never use it in the job world so be it, im still glad i didnt do business or the like

yea im doin what i can, thought i was gonna get a good nights sleep tonight when i couldnt keep my eyes open around 8:30-9:00 but now im up, might go see the chick at the gas station for some coke for my liqour since i slept to late to by some busch

like i said ive never posted a pic on BL or online in general i dont get down with FB or instagram or any of that shit

n honestly, alot of it has to do with my being kinda computer illiterate, so ill tell you what ill make it my mission to at least post a picture of the xmas cacti flowers.....but i see what you're doin amanda, tryin to ever so gently work me up to n get my dick pics. :)

but as they say, enough about me, tell me about yourself, you said you graduated n work from home, that sounds pretty kool, what are you doing? you said everyone is in socal, i thought u were in socal? go on, do tell, spill it hows YOUR life been lately?
memphy seems to be doing quite well for himself at this point in time.

everybody chill.

thats what i thought so that dudes post threw me off a bit

SHimazu: you sayin its understandable for memph to be illogical cuz AT ONE TIME he was livin in his car? get off your high horse bro hard times hit everybody, you keep fuckin with that dope, you'll get yours one day

in '93 my mom started a cutting for me from a 100+ year old christmas cactus that was her grandmother's. i had it in florida for 18 years and it bloomed only 3 times w/ just a few flowers. i brought it back to new england in early 2012. a few weeks ago it bloomed, had 22 big, beautiful flowers, and now is growing like crazy. somehow it must know it's back home and apparently very happy.
my mom has been gone since '95 and although we had a difficult relationship, i really miss her and it made me so happy to see that christmas cactus covered w/ flowers. def felt like another affirmation that i've done the right thing by coming back home to new england.
high on life, i hope your cactus blooms soon and brings you smiles and much joy like mine did.
-izzy

100+ yr old 8o !!!!

now that is fuckin awesome

im sorry to hear that your mom is gone

yea, i totally get down with the notion of plant intelligence, they are sentient beings n have knowledge of their surroundings far surpassing anything we can comprehend, good book:intelligence in nature by jaremy narby he is an anthropologist who basically talks about what shamans have been saying for thousands of years is beginning to be supported n understood by scientist

so yea, its not BS imo. take that shit to the bank, your cacti is happy and i have no doubt it knows its home...or close to it, 100 years is alot of time for anything, shits wise i dont doubt that.

you didnt happen to take any pictures of the twanky two flowers did ya? cuz i am pretty confident mine will bloom so long as i dont fuck anything up it typically blooms very easy but its lookin real rough cuz it was neglected too it just wasnt outdoors (also i said im confident mine will bloom so long as i dont fuck up, my gma had carpel tunnel surgery friday, i was gonna go over there after class n see what pain meds she got, saw the bulb before class n decided i wouldnt. sucks tho that i cant ever see my gma at her place without stealing her meds: xanax. like its only xanax but i litterally cant be in her apartment without goin to the bathroom n grabbin a few :\ ) so i didnt go see her :\ sometimes when i really wanna see her ill just take her out to eat or take her to do her shoppin at wal-mart but its gettin to where she doesnt even wanna leave the house for that kinda stuff, she'll come over to my parents on the weekends but ima weekend warrior at work n usually do ~20some odd hours so i dont really see her

Last edited:
My granparents ain't havee nothin worth stealin. Found some tylenol 3s once :-\ waste ot time. My other granparents got moonshine but I can drink that with my grandfather so no point in stealin it.

Hi. I'm new here but I saw an old post of yours, saying that you knew if a good rehab for us in the southeast. I'd be interested to know which one and where. I know this is irrelevant to this thread but I didn't know any other way to contact you. Thanks, DagnyT

I'm not sure who you're talking to but, you can private message people. Just click on their name and a menu will pop up. Being that you're new you will be limited in you're pm'ing for awhile.

yea, i totally get down with the notion of plant intelligence, they are sentient beings n have knowledge of their surroundings far surpassing anything we can comprehend, good book:intelligence in nature by jaremy narby he is an anthropologist who basically talks about what shamans have been saying for thousands of years is beginning to be supported n understood by scientist

so yea, its not BS imo. take that shit to the bank, your cacti is happy and i have no doubt it knows its home...or close to it, 100 years is alot of time for anything, shits wise i dont doubt that.

just remembered in daniel pinchbecks book breaking open the head they hooked a plant up to this machine that could detect currents or energies or something of that nature

when someone approached the plant with the intentions/thoughts of harming the plant the readings spiked dramatically

when it was approached by someone with no ill will nothing happened

very kool stuff

this isnt plant related but check out: messages from water its a study by some japanese guy whose name i cant recall but i think it was something like masuru imoto, very kool shit after reading about it i used to have words like 'love' n stuff written on my weed jars back n the day

positive vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.