Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Name a movie you're proud you never saw

I know the sound of atlas' rape whistle all too well.

It's why I had to take it away from him.

Lets see...proud you never have seen. I'm going with The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. There are definitely more along this vein, but I never wanted anything to do with these movies as a child and I'm sure as hell not going to tolerate it now. When I was younger I believed these movies merely existed to torture me by sucking up valuable time slots when other, better programming could be on TV.

passion of the Christ, any of the scary movies 1-4, i know what you did last summer, just about any movie with Kid Rock in it.

:( I still get excited when I see The Sound of Music is going to be on TV. Seems to be a gender thing so far...

^^
...pretty sure its a master race thing. My powder-white mother can't get enough of it. ;)

ihateecstacy said:
you may need to reconsider that because that movie is funny as shit.

atlas said:
are you a troll, or is your taste in movies just completely antithetical to mine. Srsly, give all three of those a look.

Nothing troll like here :D , I just stated why I haven't seen them. Everyone talks of how great the Big Lebowski is, but the clips & trailer I have seen - makes it look "shit". To me it's one of those movies that people think is cool to like or to be seen liking. I may get round to it sometime & hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but until then I'll keep on thinking it's unfunny crap.

Kevin Costner bores the absolute fuck outta me & caring any less about JFK is virtually impossible, never mind sitting through 3 hours of it. :\

the sound of music is my 8 year old niece's favorite movie. i had never seen it until the last year or so despite the fact that i had sang all of the songs in a boy's choir growing up. remembered a pretty good portion of the words, which made her happy.

personally i long for the days when charlotte's web or the wizard of oz were her favorite. the sound of music is mind-numbingly dumb.

CletusVanDow said:
Everyone talks of how great the Big Lebowski is, but the clips & trailer I have seen - makes it look "shit". To me it's one of those movies that people think is cool to like or to be seen liking.
this is, essentially, the very crux of my argument. how can you judge a movie without seeing it?

perhaps people don't just think it's cool - perhaps it really is that cool?

alasdair

Name any hollywood blockbuster from the last 12 years and I won't have seen it.:\

alasdair, surely there are movies where you've seen the trailer & thought "nah, don't think so, that looks crap" & have never, to this day bothered with it. Or is this just not possible?

Obviously being a mod for Film & Television it's in your interest to watch a few movies every now & again :D, probably more than most. However, there must be something you shunned in the past because you thought it looked bollocks.

Anyway, I never said The Big Lebowski was shit, I said it looked shit. I've judged a book by it's cover, or better still a movie by it's trailer & even the quality of the "funny" quotes people have written in the past - so hang me! =D

alasdairm said:
this is, essentially, the very crux of my argument. how can you judge a movie without seeing it?

perhaps people don't just think it's cool - perhaps it really is that cool?

alasdair

personally, i know titanic is good according to many people. but still i want to be the last person on civilized earth to have not seen it. i suppose i am stubborn, and i suppose i really enjoy irking friends and other people when it comes to this movie.
hoopla and media frenzy turn me off from a lot of movies. many of the movies, such as titanic, i have not formed a positive or negative feeling or opinion about them. i just will, most times, not go out of my way to see them or in special cases refuse to see them at all.

CletusVanDow said:
alasdair, surely there are movies where you've seen the trailer & thought "nah, don't think so, that looks crap" & have never, to this day bothered with it. Or is this just not possible?

Obviously being a mod for Film & Television it's in your interest to watch a few movies every now & again :D, probably more than most. However, there must be something you shunned in the past because you thought it looked bollocks.
of course i've done that. i've done it many times.

but there's a huge difference between not doing something and being proud of not doing something. that, to me, seems like a very odd thing of which to be proud. that's all i'm saying.

alasdair

why that's very kind of you to say amorroark, whatever shall we tell af & ff?