Desperate My teenage daughter keeps being violent

There is a whole lot more to raising a healthy kid, boy or girl, than merely being an authority figure. And a lot of violent drug addicts grew up with authoritarian fathers. Many children growing up with single mothers grow up fine and with good boundaries. I think there is a lot more nuance in this situation than such a simple explanation.

My dad has a very powerful scary voice, stare and is far less flexible than my mother.

Im 45 and he's still got that in him, even though he's beyond his expected cancer expiry date.

I won't discuss my offspring here but will say I can empathise with OP.

In some sort of way I can say that I had several violent tendencies while growing up. I mean I never really struck my mother unless she was paddling me then I used to yoink the paddle out of her hand and paddle her.
What she ultimately did was well, 'tough love' me.
She pretty much said that I am an adult (was 18 at the time) and need to find somewhere else to live, and luckily I was at one of my lows and needed help with drug/alcohol abuse.
Mom got me in a treatment center far away, and the rest is history.
I mean there have been times where I would relapse and such, but mom made it clear that I needed to get my shit back together, and made it clear that she wasn't going to be supportive until then.
@OP
Is there something you could do kind of like that? Maybe a sort of intervention. Might be able to find someone that specializes with interventions, and reasonably inexpensive that wouldn't mind helping you. Or you can do it yourself (just make sure you have friends,family around).