• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My New Rig - Can Anyone Explain What This Barrel Shaped Thing Is?

is boiling point and ability to conduct heat directly related?

I could be wrong as I've never timed it but ime I always had titanium retain heat the best but take the longest.. it could have to do with the size/style of nail I've used. and all the ceramic nails I've used heat up pretty quick, but not quite as quick as a glass or quartz.

Yes, but it's not the only variable at play. The size & style of the nail play a huge factor as well like you said.

I'd imagine that each type of material has a specific heat transfer rate that is also dependent on altitude/pressure. There are a lot more variables to consider when calculating something like this, but I believe the boiling points (saturation point) to be a decent point of reference and obviously your own experience is worth something too.

I hope we haven't gone too far over the OPs head. When just starting, dabbing can seem daunting. The best way the figure this stuff out is to just do it.

hmm that is really interesting thanks for that info I'll have to look more into it.

thinking back on it, I can't say for certain as I don't have the old ones anymore, but I know the thickness has always varied- so just judging from a few styles of nails probably isn't very accurate now that you point that out.

but yeah dabbing can be kind of wild starting out- I remember a girl I was dating at the time looking at me like I pulled out a meth pipe the first time I took a dab in front of her. Then she said some shit like "you're going to burn your house down" lol...

I feel like with oil, the more water you can put in the better. Less air displacement and less diffusion = better flavor. Personal preference though. I know people who don't use water all, and their argument is what are we filtering out at that point? We're dabbing pretty much straight cannabinoids/terps at this point with how good extraction techniques have gotten in the past few years.

Any 14mm female nail will work on your rig, and I'd also look for a carb cap. As others have said, becareful with chi TI. Highly Educated is your best bet as far as quality goes as Felonious Monk said. Task from HE also just dropped hybridized quartz dishes that screw onto the dualiti / infinity nails which are pretty baller too. Cool thing about these nails too is they makes sizes that fit both 18/14 and 14/10 joints so you don't need multiple nails / dropdowns for different rigs.

If you have no price limit I'd look at a quave / DC banger and a QFZ/ capstars cap. They're pretty pricey and you'll end up spending a couple hundred, but completely worth it IMO. You can also q-tip your banger after every dab and keep the quartz looking brand new so it looks super clean. Quartz is my favorite surface for sure and bangers have been all the hype for the past year or so, but with good reason. If you're playing no games and that's not good enough look into the sapphire nails from d-nail as well as their silicone carbide. D-nail is an incredible company, and I'd check them out ASAP if you got dollars to spend. They do a ton of R&D and it's all backed up on their website.

Glad your homies got you a dedicated concentrate rig. Smoking flowers/hash or tobbacco/hash out of the same rig is no bueno.