• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

My GF had a bad trip with Weed!

Jon C

Bluelighter
Okay, after How Sweet, I rented a hotel with a couple of my friends, my girlfriend was there too. My friend offered me to smoke weed and my gf and I took 2 rips out of the pipe. After I smoked, my gf and I feel asleep. When I woke up, I looked around and everything moved frame by frame. When my friends started talking to me, everything echoed. It was really weird. Everything was blocky too. I looked at my gf and she was sleeping. Suddenly, I hear my gf gagging in her sleep, and it scared the crap out of me. My friends left the hotel so me and my gf could be alone, but I tried to tell them to stay, beacuse my gf was awake and her face turned pale and her face was cold. She kept on gagging. My friends thought I was tripping out but I wasn't, I knew what I was talking about. After they left, my gf didn't seem like herself. She was walking all over the place, and she acted like she was in a story. (It's really hard to explain what I mean by when I say my gf is in a story mode, it's kinda hard to explain, but it's like she was reading off from a script. She had no control of herself what so ever) I kept on telling her to control herself, and everytime I told her that, she would gain control of herself for like 4 seconds and she would say things like "this is scary," "it's okay," and "i don't like this feeling." I didn't know what to do, I held her in my arms and kept on telling her to control herself. She would look at me and tell me she's okay, and then suddenly she would drop on the floor and start gagging. Basically what I'm saying is, my gf seemed like she was acting in a story. Kinda like acting in a play. She was in her own world, but whenever I told her to gain control of herself, she would suddenly know what was happening, but then seconds later, she would go into story mode again. This freaked me out so much. When she smoked the weed, she was still kinda rolling, but not so much. Can anyone explain why this would happen to her? Like why she was in this story mode, why her face was very pale and cold, and why she kept on gagging? And why she was in her own world? I've smoked weed before, and this weed was really strong. I'm pretty sure it was laced with something too. Thank you very much to the people who reply and sorry if it's confusing.
[This message has been edited by Jon C (edited 20 March 2001).]

i know that when I smoke coming down from a roll, i trip face... it is MUCH different than normal smoking. If your gf has never smoked off a roll before, that is most likely the cause...
if she has smoked off a roll before and not had this problem, then I would suggest not smoking... if it doesn't agree with her, then don't do it.

I don't know how many times your girlfriend has smoked weed, but keep in mind that pot can be a powerful drug to someone who doesn't have a big tolerance. Just as people can have a bad trip or roll, they can also have a bad time being high.
The story-book thing was almost funny to read (sorry). But I've heard many people describe similar experiences while wigging out after smoking weed. I don't think that there is any reason to be alarmed, just keep in mind that next time, you might want to smoke less, or use some regs instead of something so powerful. 2 hits of that and getting that high is some good weed.
One more thing to point out is that smoking weed with other drugs can intensify the good (or bad) feelings. Even when it comes to rolling, weed can make people uncomfortable.

dam music on How Sweet was bomb! esp. jungle, but the location (same as JuJuBeats 2000) was not the great......

This all sounds fairly familiar. I generally stay away from weed when I roll because I find that it can make me feel very uncomfortable. I find that it takes all the good feelings of E away and just makes me trip out like an f-ing mad man. Her face being pale is probably just from being out all night and lack of sleep. I would recomend either not smoking weed while on E, or be VERY carefull with how much you smoke. Take 1 small hit, and wait at least 10 min and see how you feel. Then take it from there. Hope this helps a bit.
------------------
Im so sober that I feel high.

OMG! you smoke a big bowl of kind buds when you are coming down off a roll....and BAM!! you are floored. i don't like the feeling that much though. instead of a relaxed, mellow feeling on rolls, the pot makes me trip out of my mind. so, i usually just let the roll wear itself out....smoking after rolling can be one hell of an experience.
b
------------------
AIM: columbuskid21

And here I was thinking it was only me who tripped out after smoking after a few pills!
This happened to me last Friday, I smoked up after a big night out and kept switching in and out of reality -- tripping balls!

Smoking after rolling is... (for me) intense. I've seen people kinda lose it on that combo -- it's not really for everyone. You need to be prepared to perhaps end up in your own universe for a while...
Heavy visuals. Music is amazing. Everything is fluid. And there was this time my juggling balls turned into spinning apples...
I'd try it at home before in public, if I were you...
SAJ.

I don't think that the user actually has to be using E, before freaking out on weed. The first couple of times that my gf smoked weed, she got all tweaked out, and thought she was in a dream. she would act like she would wake up, when i'd talk to her, she would say, "I don't want to go back to sleep!!! Please make it stop!!!", and then she would suddenly go back into this dream state, (eye's open), and talk to herself, or walk around the room, etc. until I would "wake" her up again...
It was really scary for me, and i've never experienced anything like it before.. Well, when I first started smoking weed, I thought to myself, "Hmmm.. this sort-of feels like a dream" -- But I knew it wasn't. and I never got freak out like her...
Anyways, my .02 cent.s
[This message has been edited by Doctah (edited 21 March 2001).]

Sherbert...it sounds like you were describing an experience that happened to my girlfriend. She was coming down off a roll and kept on switching back and forth from reality and a different state of mind. It was freakin me out. But after she smoked some weed she started to come out of it.
I don't see how all of you are sayin that weed makes you freak out after a roll though. I have to have weed when I roll. If you smoke it when your rollin it will blow you up (or at least it does me) And it's a must for coming down because it takes the "edge" off your roll and makes the comedown much smoother....well for me and everyone else I know. I know people that don't normally smoke weed but have to have it when they're rollin just for coming down. I guess it's just different people's body's and the way they react to different things...
Mike

In the immortal words of old Uncle Bill:
"I once gave some marijuana to a guest who was mildly anxious about something ("On bum kicks," as
he put it). After smoking half a cigarette, he suddenly leapt to his feet screaming
"I got the fear!" and rushed out of the house."
--William S. Burroughs, _Naked Lunch_, 1957

In the immortal words of old Uncle Bill:
"I once gave some marijuana to a guest who was mildly anxious about something ("On bum kicks," as
he put it). After smoking half a cigarette, he suddenly leapt to his feet screaming

Yeah there is for sure something about smoking weed while coming down off X. Last saturday I dropped E at a rave (I haven't in 8 months) and i had the best time of my life, absolutly amazing roll. Then when i started comeing down my girlfreind and i smoke a J. Everyone was fine, except I started tripping my balls off and couldn't tell if anything was real or not. I can totally relate to your girlfreinds "story" thing. The music all the sudden got WAY louder and i couldn't hear people talking i could only see their lips moving. I thought that everyone was just pretending to talk to each other, like everyone was trying to trick me. Everyone once and awhile I could hear by girlfreind say "its okay, your fine" and i would hold on to my sanity for a couple minutes and then just loose it again. It was fucking scary!

I hadda bad experiance from ONE hit offa joint *KB* bout a month back. Triggered a full blown anxiety attack. My muscles started twitching, could feel my heart racing
in every single pulse point on my body, wuz so damn cold that my teeth were chatter'n, and everything got so overwhelming that I ended up locking myself in the bathroom just to be alone. Horrible experiance! Thought I wuza goner. Needless to say I dont smoke anymore. Green *including vegatables yuk* just doesnt agree with me.
Unfortunately I cant give any ideas as to why yer girl wuz in *story mode*. I think the reason why this happened wuz the combo of e and green. Suggestion: as someone has already said, next time either stick to regs or dont smoke at all *gasp*.

Thanks to all the people that have replied. I kinda understand why my gf was trippin out that day from your guys' help. I'm just not gonna let her touch weed anymore, from now on!
smile.gif

Wow, I've never heard of something like this before... I had no idea that a little bud could make you trip out after a roll. I've smoked right before a roll, but never tried it afterwards... hmm, something to put on my "to do" list.
------------------
FoCuS GrAsShOpPeR

hehe, you're story is kind of funny to me too (no offense) because it sounds like your girlfriend was just plain old high
smile.gif
(besides the pale cold face part) ..has she ever smoked before? the first few times i smoked i couldn't distinguish reality and i felt like i was in a dream or a story also...except it wasn't scary for me..i thought it was pretty fun....it still happens sometimes when i smoke now, but not as strong.....so it might not have had anything to do with the fact that your girlfriend was rolling first, she may just have a low tolerance for weed

you answered your on question, "it was laced"..
------------------
The grand highway is crowded with lovers, searchers, leavers so eager to please and forget..

In the words of old Uncle Bill Burroughs: