• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

my friend thinks that today's lsd is more potent than the 60's?

Thats one of the least reassuring posts I've ever read. It would help if you had at least taken LSD before.

ya i figured people would just laugh at the post. Oh well whatever. I'm done arguing about "convincing him" cuz it's going no where, and it's just retarded

ya i figured people would just laugh at the post. Oh well whatever. I'm done arguing about "convincing him" cuz it's going no where, and it's just retarded

people need to shut up bout harm reduction cuz its retarted rite

and also, the only time I even talked to him about it was like once in class, for like a few seconds. It's not like I've been trying to convince him for a while. You guys are making way too big a deal out of it anyways.
And to tell you the truth, no one around here can even find lsd. Not even the dealers can get it. It goes like this in availability: weed, then alcohol, then x, then shrooms, then everything else is hard to get. We were just thinking about doing it and most of us said ya, but then he said he wouldn't.

He managed to say all that bad stuff in your OP about LSD in a few seconds? I find that unlikely.

Also, he has some reasons that aren't completely invalid, and your best bet is to leave the subject and if you get it, try it with him around. He can see if it messes you up or not himself. My guess is if a few of you take it, he may well see some mixed results.

I didn't mean like literally a few seconds lol. Ok it was probably like 10 minutes or something.
We just started talking about how lsd was more potent, and that other stuff.

i know that's mainly why I want to do it. And.. well idk I know it can happen, but Idk I don't think it would.
but whatever. You have to take chances in life

You certainly do. The emphasis being on "you". If you decide that you wish to experience LSD then great - you can learn everything you could ever wish to by asking questions here and listening to the advice of those with years of experience cos there are plenty here and they know of which they speak.

Your friend is not you. Many people are terrified of acid and it is certainly not for everyone. Maybe he would have a great experience and thank you for it later. Or maybe he'd end up traumatised in a psychiatric ward. Psychedelics are almost always very safe drugs but mentally they are unbelievably powerful. Things very rarely go wrong but when they do they can go very, very wrong and you have little or no control over that. Experience can help turn a bad trip into a good one, but none of you have that experience yet.

Just read the thread down the page about a group of friends taking acid together. Their trip started fine and then changed because one of them had underlying issues. He flipped out, was talking about killing himself and ended up with his friends having to call an ambulance and him being handcuffed and put in a padded cell in a psychiatric unit. These things are rare but they happen. Read that experience and ask yourself how you would feel if you knew that you had convinced him to do it when he wasn't 100% sure he wanted to. In that case the poor guy who flipped out took the acid willingly but that is not the case in your situation if you manage to convince him. If something like that was the result could you live with yourself?

you lack the ability to show that you have an understanding of what you are getting yourself and your friends into
psycedelics are not toys that you can play around with as you obviously do not quite understand yet
you have to respect the chemical or it will kick you in the ass
i hope you learn on your own before you have to learn the hard way... or cause someone else to learn the hard way
good luck on your journeys

I already know they aren't toys.. jeeze why do you always post stuff like this. You think I'm retarded or something. Yeah I may say stupid things but I know that they aren't like any other drug

as far as old acid - i have had purple microdot and they were quite strong - then i have had black pyramid which is also great and i'm sure is new.. so - there probably always have been stronger and weaker hits going around - you don't think you could find a 100ug tab somewhere in 1969? i think so - and today - i am sure there are sheets that rival anything in the 60's..

there is the point that in the very early days there was no notion of blotter paper - so everything before that would have been a tablet or liquid which we know to be overall stronger hits.. that could start some myths easily...

I already know they aren't toys.. jeeze why do you always post stuff like this. You think I'm retarded or something. Yeah I may say stupid things but I know that they aren't like any other drug

I don't think you say stupid things. I think it's perfectly natural to react defensively when you ask a question and get a whole load of replies telling you it's a bad idea when it seems like it would be a great idea. There really is very good reason so many people are trying to convince you :)D) not to do this. It's because they know the risks firsthand. Reading about acid, watching films, documentaries - anything other than having used it can never prepare you for it.

One of the things I suspect every person who has ever taken acid - whether they liked it or hated it - is that the experience was nothing like they expected. Even if they had read every scrap of literature on it. It's not people saying "but you just don't understand" (or words to that effect) cos they're being dicks or trying to make out you're an idiot cos you actually don't come across that way at all to me and I suspect many others here. You come across like someone who doesn't have the experience but wants to learn and you are in the right place to gain that knowledge and asking a lotta questions - that is a sign of intelligence, not ignorance. We are trying to look out for you and your friends. Truly we are.

I don't think you say stupid things. I think it's perfectly natural to react defensively when you ask a question and get a whole load of replies telling you it's a bad idea when it seems like it would be a great idea. There really is very good reason so many people are trying to convince you :)D) not to do this. It's because they know the risks firsthand. Reading about acid, watching films, documentaries - anything other than having used it can never prepare you for it.

One of the things I suspect every person who has ever taken acid - whether they liked it or hated it - is that the experience was nothing like they expected. Even if they had read every scrap of literature on it. It's not people saying "but you just don't understand" (or words to that effect) cos they're being dicks or trying to make out you're an idiot cos you actually don't come across that way at all to me and I suspect many others here. You come across like someone who doesn't have the experience but wants to learn and you are in the right place to gain that knowledge and asking a lotta questions - that is a sign of intelligence, not ignorance. We are trying to look out for you and your friends. Truly we are.

yeah I know that I can't understand it, and I get that. It's just that, he thinks that I'm thinking of lsd as a toy or something, which I know it isn't.
I get that I can't understand what happens on lsd, but that doesn't mean I don't take it seriously

I think the issue is not so much with whether or not you take acid seriously, it's more the desire to convince others to do it against their will. Sounds a bit harsh but that's essentially what you asked - how to convince someone to do something they don't wish to do or aren't ready to yet. That kinda thing just doesn't sit well with many. If your friend has you and your other friends all wanting to do acid together and trying to convince him to join in when he really doesn't like the idea he really will feel pressurised to join in. It would be impossible not to.

Yes, it is his decision, you want him to join you because you truly believe it will be a great experience for you all together and you are not forcing him, but if he does it without really wanting to he'll be doing it under duress and that's just a terrible set and setting and is asking for trouble. That is all people are concerned about - you guys having a great experience rather than a shitty one.

If anyone (including me) comes across as being mean, angry, patronising, ganging up on you purely to piss on yer chips or whatever (and I don't believe they are but can see how it could feel that way) it's because they care and are concerned that this idea has the potential to go wrong. BL is here to provide harm reduction advice and that is what people are trying to do :)

My first trip was on Purple Hase... I was 11yrs. old.. I spent the night with a friend who had a older brother who had the stuff.. He pleaded with us all night to take the stuff....I didn't want to. He finally said He was going to spike us and we wouldn't know when or how....
That night changed my life forever LSD does that. Whether you will to do it or not........
Be very sure, there are consequences....

Not when you consider that you're 11 and you've already rejected acid, and someone says "well I'm gonna spike you anyway". Its not going to be the best mindset ever is it? But of course, you wouldn't have thought of that because you've never taken acid. See what we're saying here?

still sounds funny to me. Like imagine someone telling you that they're gonna "spike it" somehow.. lol. Like how would you do that.
And yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that it's not right or whatever and he could've had a horrible trip.

my mom was a youngster in the 60's and some guys in the 'micro buss' van gave her doses, but she had absolutely no idea what it was and she had a pretty bad experience with it in general... i would never give it to someone without them knowing full well unless it was maybe like Glen Beck or Hannity or Rush or someone.. take that Sam Lasco!!!

still sounds funny to me. Like imagine someone telling you that they're gonna "spike it" somehow.. lol. Like how would you do that.
And yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that it's not right or whatever and he could've had a horrible trip.

WITH MAGICAL FAIRIES!

or you could realise acid dissolves in a shit ton of solvents and you could pretty much spike anything with it if you wanted to, whether it be on blotter, in a vial or on a pez candy ffs. are you retarded?

yeah I've heard of stories of other substances that people don't know what is going to happen and then they freak out. Like I've heard of people who've taken a bunch of dxm and they didn't know what it would be like and then they freaked out and had a horrible experience