• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My friend has a severe MDMA addiction, guidance wanted

My advice would be to find a way to relate on what he us missing. Or what has change in his life that he feels he has no choice than escape. He is still alive is its not a lost case. U have to find out what motives him and actives to jeep his mind off from roaming.. he has some great friends.. not alot of people can say that... this is just my 2 cents.. gl and god bless

When you said "Our current plan is an intervention", you 'd better show your caring to him, instead of telling him what he should/shouldn't.
If I addicted to drug, it means there isn't anything else more interesting than drug to me or worth spending time in :)
We can't control ones' living style, but we could invite them to develop more other interests. eg. Sports, if I have badminton partners, and play it regularly, I wouldn't think about drug for some time. Few years ago, I took E alot, but I still learnt guitar, swimming, etc.

I'm going to update my post, but just going to post this quick bit.

Bi polar imo should be ruled out as it is drug induced. I highly suspect codependency issues causing thoughts of anxiety, abandonment trauma causing feelings of depression, and an inability to express and deal with the emotions involved due to not understanding how to process or even comprehend these emotions...

I say this from my own experience understanding my issues of low Emotional quotient. Helping this person to understand that will be the most theraputic thing for them. They need to understand the root of why they are relying on not just the drugs, but all these dealers and friends vs. their own strength.

The overuse of mdma, possibly other dopamine acting amphetamines, and who knows what else is definitely doing long term damage. I can't recommend any advice as honestly you probably have better resources to deal with it without or without rehab. Just remember nothing will work if this person is not ready for it to work. Sometimes all you can do is let them hit rock bottom and the only thing you can do is offer to support their recovery.

Whoever says the OP is wasting time is wasting their own. When people are given up on it affects their ability to trust themselves as well as anyone else.

Edit: I realize I'm posting super late and wish the best for the op friends. I understand wanting a confession of addiction although that should be for himself only and not for the comfort of those around him. I was told mdma does have irreversable binding action in serratonin leading to the physical symptoms bring fatigue and twitching mainly.... I've found no documentation to back this up. If any mental health medication is needed it is only to manage the damage and stress from the overuse of pills. Really though a active and healthy lifestyle along with a friend who will be there for them always or a therapist to understand and manage the emotions that come with the responsibilities of age. Anyways I send my best wish of recovery to your friend and their situation.

Last edited:
mdma can kill you. Directly or indirectly. Of course he is an adult, but sometimes people are too far gone mentally to be able to control themselves. In my opinion this means that sometimes other people can better determine what's best for you, and a forced intervention can in my opinion be justified. Although I have no experience with this kind of thing. I do know what mental illness is though and sometimes you need help to protect yourself from yourself. Well good luck.