• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe My Fellow Opiate Professionals - let’s talk detox protocols

Any Up date??
Merry Christmas

Hello brother!

Down to 2 mg subutex and 10 mg of valium today.

Honestly I am not even feeling that bad, little tired, little sweaty, but this taper truly has worked wonders.

This detox is out of this world really. If anyone needs a detox please message me and I'll give you the details on it.

I've never had nurses come and give me meds. I've always been degraded and had to beg for my meds. They come to you. They willingly know and offer assistance 24/7. It's fucking amazing.

Let alone the IV treatments, IV fluids if you need, IV ativan for alcoholics, i got an IV ativan too even when I was converting to subutex.

---

Monday, December 28 I will discharge and fly back to my home state. I am going to a rehab there, because it's covered by insurance and free essentially. But actually a good program and probably just what I need to get some time clean. It's a 12 step NA / AA focused place. I'm cool with it I know a lot of the people who work there from past times sober.

I'm excited and glad to say I have almost made it to the other side of a terrible opiate addiction in less than 2 weeks.

120 mg of methadone, fentanyl and heroin >>> 100 hours later >>> 20 mg subutex >>> 16 >>>> 14 >>>> 12/10 >>>> 6 >>>> 4 >>>> 2 >>> 1 on the 27th and a 0.5 for 36 hours later when I'm back home.

God bless feeling pretty damn good considering where I'm at.

great for you! Merry Christmas
what a gift 🎁
To you and your family and all loved ones!
now the work starts for you , detox and rehab, is wonderful.
Now you need to work a program to stay clean !
I do one or two meetings a day Zoom makes that easy, no excuses , about time or transportation!!!
All rehab does is help you get where you belong, you an Addict ( you have the disease of Addiction. It is the way our brains are wired , you can not like it, but centuries, of ruined lives, and dead bodies to prove it. No one makes it to rehab, by accident! So please pay attention.
I just lost a sponsee (24 -great kid 👦 ) thought he would just chip a little before the holidays, died 12/18/2020!!
so please

Last edited:
@negrogesic

Sadly your predictions were spot on. Maybe day 13-14 down to .5 mg of sub and the pain of this detox is almost unbearable. The subs definitely helped but the pains in my body are unreal.

I knew with a habit like that there was no easy way out. Except maybe a year long taper

Sometimes the only way out is through unfortunately.

@OpiateKiller , so hows it going? Getting clean is great, Staying Clean is the Real trick??
You good
all is well
Ice

Thursday is 30 days sober for me. I am doing well moving through this program and sober houses. My life has been very busy but everyday hitting the pillow sober is a W in my book.

Everyday away from methadone Suboxone or fentanyl is a gigantic victory in my book and I hope I never touch them again

Thursday is 30 days sober for me. I am doing well moving through this program and sober houses. My life has been very busy but everyday hitting the pillow sober is a W in my book.

Everyday away from methadone Suboxone or fentanyl is a gigantic victory in my book and I hope I never touch them again

Seriously bro I'm so happy for you. <3

Doesn't it feel so good to wake up everyday and not be sick? And be rid of the all the exogenous opioids, including methadone and buprenorphine, and be legitimately clean of opioids? After a decade plus of it, I can never imagine going back. If I want some opioids at this point, I go to the gym and get my endogenous opioids flowing, best (and healthiest) addiction I've ever had. :)

Keep up the good work, it only gets better!

Hello all. I currently am in a kind of medical high tech detox facility.

the goal is to bridge me from 110 mg of methadone to 0 in 10 to 12 days.

My last methadone use was 90 hours ago and it was 50 mg IV.

Tomorrow I am supposed to induct my subutex taper and they start me on 20 mg over 24 hours.

this will consist of a 6 day taper in which they drop me down to 2 mg as my last dose.

they are currently giving me gabapentin, clonidine, Valium, ibuprofen, IV Fluids, Micro doses of Iv diluadid (last night I got 2 mg over 2 hours)...

I am honestly considering telling them fuck the subutex taper. Keep me on the comfort meds and let’s rock and roll this shit out for the next 7 days.

I’m honestly not suffering nearly as bad as I thought I would be. The meds they are giving me are even allowing me to get 6-7 hours of sleep.

The doctors and nurses here think it’s a really bad idea to not use subutex, they have developed kind of a magic detox protocol. But in my eyes the more opiates the longer the detox the more I suffer.

what are your guys thoughts? If I decline the subutex it’s not like there gonna load me
Up on diluadid that’s not gonna happen
Hey man....I was a heavy dope head about 8 years ago....so for 2 years I was eating 30 norcos a day...to 10 bags in Chicago . So I got on subutex. ....I have never touched a opiate again. Ohhh...the main thing is I was prescribed methadone by my primary care ....along with 120 2mg Xanax and adderall....I was on them for six months ....80mg of methadone a day and all it did was make the benzos make me more tired and sleepy. Also I woke up sweating so I didn’t even taper. I went straight to subutex 16mg a day and felt no bad feelings . Only with suboxone. Hope all goes well. Peace!

Seriously bro I'm so happy for you. <3

Doesn't it feel so good to wake up everyday and not be sick? And be rid of the all the exogenous opioids, including methadone and buprenorphine, and be legitimately clean of opioids? After a decade plus of it, I can never imagine going back. If I want some opioids at this point, I go to the gym and get my endogenous opioids flowing, best (and healthiest) addiction I've ever had. :)

Keep up the good work, it only gets better!

Honestly it feels incredible. When you’re on opiates everyday you forget what it’s like to be normal. Constipation and pinned pupils is normal. Itching yourself and nodding out is normal. The human body wasn’t meant to be on opiates long term.

I forgot what it was like to have a real orgasm or go to sleep without a shot and a benzo. I don’t have to drink myself to sleep anymore to make up for the methadone dose I did yesterday that was for today.

I’m just amazed I’m even where I’m at my willingness to do this was so low for so long. I wake up happy to be alive. That hasn’t happened in a long fucking time.

Nothing but up from here ❤️ I’m blessed to be here and I try to remind myself that everyday

"The human body wasn’t meant to be on opiates long term"
This is the best line I have heard in awhile !! I will take it with me everyday , to help prevent a slip back to Opiate use!!

Thank you.

Honestly it feels incredible. When you’re on opiates everyday you forget what it’s like to be normal. Constipation and pinned pupils is normal. Itching yourself and nodding out is normal. The human body wasn’t meant to be on opiates long term.

I forgot what it was like to have a real orgasm or go to sleep without a shot and a benzo. I don’t have to drink myself to sleep anymore to make up for the methadone dose I did yesterday that was for today.

I’m just amazed I’m even where I’m at my willingness to do this was so low for so long. I wake up happy to be alive. That hasn’t happened in a long fucking time.

Nothing but up from here ❤️ I’m blessed to be here and I try to remind myself that everyday
I can say I don’t even remember what feeling like shit feels like because I hardly drink, I never run out of Xanax obviously. I don’t use opiates. So I wake up feeling better than the day before for the last 8-9 years! It’s good shit