• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My experience with the comedown of a Ritalin binge (please think twice about abusing this crap)

I'm coming down from a ritalin binge. About 160mgs oral during the day. Started in the morning and it's midnight now.

I binge on ritalin once every 4 or 5 days to get work done. I don't have access to better stimulants.

Let me tell you, the comedown is fucking harsh on this shit. Even on 120mgs of oral ritalin, which is what I try to keep it at max when binging. I've done a lot more in a single day in the past, but not even interested in doing more than 120mgs.

I ended up doing 160mgs because I took some pregabalin and some benzos for the induced anxiety and it made me feel like fucking bliss for a couple of hours. So I took a few more ritalins than I wanted. I also took some caffeine which makes things worse.

Regardless, the comedown is fucking brutal.

I'm right now, on 2 mgs of xanax, 1 mgs of clonazepam, 150 mgs of pregabalin and I took some clonidine. And I still felt like fucking shit for about 4 hours. The ritalin is wearing off so I'm starting to feel better.

I don't have a benzo tolerance and the above downers barely help with the comedown. If I took all those downers without the ritalin, I'd be passed out sleeping, yet here I am still feeling jittery from the comedown.

If you're going to abuse ritalin/methylphenidate, please be aware that the comedown is fucking brutal. I can't even imagine what my state would be if I wasn't hopped up on all these downers right now.

Also, having to use these downers if frequently binging on ritalin is a recipe for an epic addition to benzos, so it really isn't the best idea.

I searched for ritalin comedowns to read others' experiences , but I wanted to leave my input for anyone looking to abuse ritalin/methylphenidate.

It's a decent productive high of 2 hours max and then it's anxiety town. I already try to eat enough and stock up on vitamins and minerals when binging, yet the comedowns are still brutal.

I won't touch high-dose ritalin without strong downers to take WHILE taking ritalin (I don't even wait for the comedown to take the downers).

Please, think twice about abusing ritalin and be aware that the comedown is brutal, so be prepared with the right stuff to combat it. And also be aware that the stuff that truly works to combat the comedown can throw you into an addiction loop too (last thing you want is a benzo addiction).

Just my two cents and I hope it helps anyone considering binging on ritalin.
I've been on a binge for 5 days - 200mg ritalin/day. I have to be sober in 3 days but I'm terrified of the comedown. I'm taking l-tyrosine, Vit B, C, D and my psychiatrist prescribed me pregabalin and modafinil for the comedown. And obviously to stop taking Ritalin. I started on those 2 drugs (pregaba and moda) today but haven't been able to stop taking ritalin. How did your comedown go? Anything you recommend? Have you taken pregabalin with modafinil before? I'm terrified with the comedown and I have to be sober in 3 days. Thank you.

I Need help quitting ritalin binge

main-qimg-edc564026997e2cb819c01522780365a-pj

I've been using about 200mg of Ritalin for 5 days. I don't feel any pleasure anymore but I'm scared to death to stop because of the comedown. I have to go to work in 3 days and be sobe. I still have 10 x 10mg left. Should I taper off to lessen the comedown? Last time I binged I had no energy and couldn't keep my eyes open for days. I'm hating myself right now. I'm also taking L-tyrosine, Vit C, B Complex, Vit D and Magnesium. I talked to my psychiatrist and he prescribed me pregabalin and modafinil for the comedown. And obviously stop taking Ritalin. I started on pegaba and modafinil today but haven't been able to stop taking Ritalin. I took a lot less today than the other days, but I'm still using it. Do you have any suggestions? Have you taken pregaba and moda for the comedown? I'm terrified. Thank you.

I Need help quitting ritalin binge

main-qimg-edc564026997e2cb819c01522780365a-pj

I've been using about 200mg of Ritalin for 5 days. I don't feel any pleasure anymore but I'm scared to death to stop because of the comedown. I have to go to work in 3 days and be sobe. I still have 10 x 10mg left. Should I taper off to lessen the comedown? Last time I binged I had no energy and couldn't keep my eyes open for days. I'm hating myself right now. I'm also taking L-tyrosine, Vit C, B Complex, Vit D and Magnesium. I talked to my psychiatrist and he prescribed me pregabalin and modafinil for the comedown. And obviously stop taking Ritalin. I started on pegaba and modafinil today but haven't been able to stop taking Ritalin. I took a lot less today than the other days, but I'm still using it. Do you have any suggestions? Have you taken pregaba and moda for the comedown? I'm terrified. Thank you.
Easy there fella. It sounds like you are having a panic attack. Hard to fathom with all those benzos in your system.

Gotta come down sooner or later. Just keep taking your comfort meds and stop taking the ritalin.

Only time is going to make you feel better. Once you stop the ritalin the pregabs and benzos will do their job.

Easy there fella. It sounds like you are having a panic attack. Hard to fathom with all those benzos in your system.

Gotta come down sooner or later. Just keep taking your comfort meds and stop taking the ritalin.

Only time is going to make you feel better. Once you stop the ritalin the pregabs and benzos will do their job.
Thank you for your answer! I only use benzos once in a while if I'm too anxious. What my doctotr prescribed me is pregaba and modafinil to deal with the comedown. I'm afraid of the comedown and that's why I keep using it.

Thank you for your answer! I only use benzos once in a while if I'm too anxious. What my doctotr prescribed me is pregaba and modafinil to deal with the comedown. I'm afraid of the comedown and that's why I keep using it.
Honey ya gotta come down and you have 3 days. The sooner you stop the sooner the pregabs will help.

I mis-read your post....I thought you had some benzos on hand too.

The pregabs will help you eat and sleep and make you feel better on the comedown but ya gotta stop sooner or later so you might as well make it sooner.

If you can't control yourself and stop taking them because they are in your possession you should probably flush them down the toilet or give them to somebody to hang onto for ya.

Hon..........ya gotta quit posting the same thing over and over. You have made the same post 4 times now.

Just relax. You'll be okay. Are you going into psychosis by any chance?

Honey ya gotta come down and you have 3 days. The sooner you stop the sooner the pregabs will help.

I mis-read your post....I thought you had some benzos on hand too.

The pregabs will help you eat and sleep and make you feel better on the comedown but ya gotta stop sooner or later so you might as well make it sooner.

If you can't control yourself and stop taking them because they are in your possession you should probably flush them down the toilet or give them to somebody to hang onto for ya.
Yes. I need to stop. I can't flush them out because they are my mom's. She used to hide it from me but I found the bottles and for whatever stupid reason, I decided to go on a binge. Do you know anything about Modafinil?

Yes. I need to stop. I can't flush them out because they are my mom's. She used to hide it from me but I found the bottles and for whatever stupid reason, I decided to go on a binge. Do you know anything about Modafinil?
I know it's a stim and it has you freaking out.

Hon all you can do is simply put them down. In a drawer, In your sock. Under the mattress. Just put them somewhere out of your sight.

Panicking isn't going to help.

I wouldn't take modafinil if you're already in panic. In my experience it provides one with a caffeine like stimulation which isn't what you want in this state. Take the pregabalin or if you have, benzos and after 30-45min you'll feel much better.

I know it's a stim and it has you freaking out.

Hon all you can do is simply put them down. In a drawer, In your sock. Under the mattress. Just put them somewhere out of your sight.

Panicking isn't going to help.
Thank you. I've never taken pregabalin before. What does it do exactly? How will it help with the comedown?

Quite a luxury comedown buffet you have there! Good luck & don't repeat. I couldn't stand ritalin for this reason. Felt like i was coming down even while a high was building.

Thank you. I've never taken pregabalin before. What does it do exactly? How will it help with the comedown?
Yeah in my experience, definitely will. It takes the edges off, can you make you feel a little bit drunk. Don't overdo it but it helps. Also relaxes your body 👍

Helps you sleep too :)

I've done a LOTS of different stims/cathinones/amphetamines etc. One of the worst comedowns i has experienced is methylphenidate. Pure horror! Not mdpv or apvp or even meth is not that horrible.. I feel u, The anxiety IS sooo bad 😔 Glad you have pregabalin, it really helps.

Yeah in my experience, definitely will. It takes the edges off, can you make you feel a little bit drunk. Don't overdo it but it helps. Also relaxes your body 👍

Helps you sleep too :)
Alcohol at this point will make me dizzy. I already feel like a zombie. I have xanax. I just talked to my doctor and he told me to take pregaba 150 mg 2x/day. But I feel it didn't do anything for me. Just started taking moda and pregaba yesterday. I was supposed to stop taking the ritalin but I haven't been able to. 1 - still chasing the high. 2 - afraid of the comedown. It sucks! Thanks for your advice!

Experimente con concerta 56 mg y lo tomo todo en una sola línea. Fue una mala experiencia. Mi frecuencia cardíaca llegó a 100 y comencé a temblar.
Lo único que me gustó fue que estaba escuchando música y me sentía muy bien.
In spain is one of the drugs that is taken In prison. It waz my brother who is still In prison who teached me. Bad thing In high doses.

IMO.....Use at very low doses (i.e 10-40mg) But, it also depends on the Tolerance level. This stuff is not fun above again IMO over 60mgs ROA being oral (remember this stuff has talc in it). If you do huge amounts expect a hellish comedown it's just simple "What goes UP must come DOWN" I Feel even at 30mg spread throughout the day is enough. Make sure to have something if you dose higher than 60mgs or even lower to have something help with the crash. Personally, beer, bourbon or A dose or two of Klonopin/Temazepam/Alprazolam & Ativan (or whatever floats ya boat)