• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My experience with the comedown of a Ritalin binge (please think twice about abusing this crap)

ImOutOfHere

Greenlighter
I'm coming down from a ritalin binge. About 160mgs oral during the day. Started in the morning and it's midnight now.

I binge on ritalin once every 4 or 5 days to get work done. I don't have access to better stimulants.

Let me tell you, the comedown is fucking harsh on this shit. Even on 120mgs of oral ritalin, which is what I try to keep it at max when binging. I've done a lot more in a single day in the past, but not even interested in doing more than 120mgs.

I ended up doing 160mgs because I took some pregabalin and some benzos for the induced anxiety and it made me feel like fucking bliss for a couple of hours. So I took a few more ritalins than I wanted. I also took some caffeine which makes things worse.

Regardless, the comedown is fucking brutal.

I'm right now, on 2 mgs of xanax, 1 mgs of clonazepam, 150 mgs of pregabalin and I took some clonidine. And I still felt like fucking shit for about 4 hours. The ritalin is wearing off so I'm starting to feel better.

I don't have a benzo tolerance and the above downers barely help with the comedown. If I took all those downers without the ritalin, I'd be passed out sleeping, yet here I am still feeling jittery from the comedown.

If you're going to abuse ritalin/methylphenidate, please be aware that the comedown is fucking brutal. I can't even imagine what my state would be if I wasn't hopped up on all these downers right now.

Also, having to use these downers if frequently binging on ritalin is a recipe for an epic addition to benzos, so it really isn't the best idea.

I searched for ritalin comedowns to read others' experiences , but I wanted to leave my input for anyone looking to abuse ritalin/methylphenidate.

It's a decent productive high of 2 hours max and then it's anxiety town. I already try to eat enough and stock up on vitamins and minerals when binging, yet the comedowns are still brutal.

I won't touch high-dose ritalin without strong downers to take WHILE taking ritalin (I don't even wait for the comedown to take the downers).

Please, think twice about abusing ritalin and be aware that the comedown is brutal, so be prepared with the right stuff to combat it. And also be aware that the stuff that truly works to combat the comedown can throw you into an addiction loop too (last thing you want is a benzo addiction).

Just my two cents and I hope it helps anyone considering binging on ritalin.

Disgusting stimulant even 10 mg felt uncomfortable. Lousy duration, which ment continue's re dosing 5mg's at a time. And then there was that rebound syndrome.

It was prescribed to me for ADD, first line treatment. Very anorexic too if you compare it with dextro-Amphetamine. What it reminded me of most was all the bad thing's of Coke put in a pil.

Ewww….I was prescribed that horrid drug in second grade. Sure, it made me focus in school, but also made me completely antisocial and feeling like a zombie. Also, anorexic and sleep issues and the crash would throw me into a depression every night. I can’t imagine abusing it. I never got anything resembling a high even when I took a little more than normal.

Yeah indeed. I was prescribed 18mg concerta's and they provided me with headache and a harsh comedown, I've added DXM to tolerate it. In comparison 30mg Vyvanse were smooth. I also tried to (ab)use the RCs ethylphenidate (even worse) and isopropylphenidate (the winner out of phenidates, they should market that one instead of methylphen). When taken with regular dosages of the antioxidant and pro-dopaminetic Emoxypine there was no comedown to speak of. Imo is comedown a hallmark of dopamine neurotoxicity, in particular due to auto-oxidation.

Nah, got methamphetamine for a more proper life ruining/life improving ratio. It's just more balanced.
I like more the pyrovalerones like prolintane (,y fave but nowhere for sale anymore) or alpha-PVP. They definitely should come up with a serotonergic derivate of these. With MDPV the methylendioxy was inactive. These chems provide everything meth does but with a more healthy half life.

Ritalin - I knew some people with ADHD who swore on this stuff but I don't like it.

I'm right now, on 2 mgs of xanax, 1 mgs of clonazepam, 150 mgs of pregabalin and I took some clonidine. And I still felt like fucking shit for about 4 hours. The ritalin is wearing off so I'm starting to feel better.

I don't have a benzo tolerance and the above downers barely help with the comedown. If I took all those downers without the ritalin, I'd be passed out sleeping, yet here I am still feeling jittery from the comedown.
Without Benzo tolerance that is a huge dose. Add Pregabalin and Clonidine pretty powerful coctail.

Maybe you should lower the amount of Methylphenidate you take on a binge.

Men that dose of Benzo's would floor me, especially without tolerance. Accept when on DOC or DOI ( forgot which one I took and have), that was the sole drug that with stood hypnotic's.

Many years ago, some acquaintances of mine talked me into going in on a bunch of Ritalin after we couldn't find any coke that night. All 4 of us shot it up. The other 3 guys were flying high and apparently loving it. I felt absolutely nothing. Nada. Zero. I may as well have IVed tap water. Never tried it again.

On the other hand, I like amphetamine & methamphetamine and I LOVE dextroamphetamine.

Ritalin & alcohol + opioid is amazing lol

Methylphenidate is very pleasurable and free from cardio side effects relative to Amphetamines

Lol I'm a stimulant pharmaceutical head and indeed... ritalin has a notoriously worse comedown than adderall per say. I like ritalin better though. The up is a bit more "euphoric" and worth the comedown.

You didn't have to take that much ritalin but I am one to talk.

Not worth it at doses above like 70mg for me. Especially not without weed.

Never been closer to unbearable, suicidal madness. Not worth a couple of hours of empty hype, babbling, chain smoking and tooth grinding.

Amphetamine seems milder.

Dopaminergic stimulants are crappy and dangerous drugs overall.

Last edited:
Ritalin & alcohol + opioid is amazing lol

Methylphenidate is very pleasurable and free from cardio side effects relative to Amphetamines
My ass, MethylPhenidate has Cardio side effect big time. Especially compared to dextro-Amphetamine. Dextro-MethylPhenidate was not created for the patent (only), it is also rumored to have has less side effect's. Cardio like Adrenalin related side problem's.

Then there is the ultimate quick onset and extremely short half live. Not the best option imo.

Maybe amphetamine can be pushed farther in the extreme dose ranges, but for me it has always had less side effects and less comedown at comparable dosages.

Not sure if that's what you're getting at.

My ass, MethylPhenidate has Cardio side effect big time. Especially compared to dextro-Amphetamine. Dextro-MethylPhenidate was not created for the patent (only), it is also rumored to have has less side effect's. Cardio like Adrenalin related side problem's.

Then there is the ultimate quick onset and extremely short half live. Not the best option imo.

Yes, Ritalin has a pharmalogical profile making more pleasurable to recreational use….a quick onset (30min-1h) and a short duration of action (3-4 hours max). Focalin (d-MPH) was created in a goal to reduce side effects and DDI with ethanol, buy Ritalin is just fine. Focalin 10mg = Ritalin 20mg

Never have I ever experienced a comedown from Ritalin & alcohol (Rita 35mg IR & 3.oz Jin)….EVER. Vyvanse (d-amphetamine) yes, but mild.

There are only 2 drugs in my entire life, that have ever given me TRUE euphoria….1st was oral Oxycodone / Oxy-IR and the other was oral Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Ritalin is Soooooo freakin pleasurable. What I would think dextro-Amphetamine would give me, but it didn’t. Vyvanse blows, IR Dexedrine was ok, Adderall XR was ok.

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) is my favorited stimulant, especially combined with 3 oz Jin (increasing d-MPH levels by 40% and early exposure to euphoric effects)

Brighten the Day….with RITALIN

Overcome depression, fatigue, lethargy
Improve spirits and performance

….new mild smooth acting antidepressant and stimulant, chemically unrelated to the amphetamines.
Ritalin brightness outlook and renews vigor - overcoming drug sedative effects-often improved behaviour in the elderly. In most cases, Ritalin does not overstimulate, has little to no effect on appetite, blood pressure or pulse rate.

Ritalin (methylphenidate) is EASILY more safer than amphetamines, gentler on the cardiovascular system, less NET activity than amphetamines also. I’ve had my Ritalin script for 5 years already…..easily the best for myself.

Vyvanse sits in my vault, along with Dexedrine & Adderall XR.

I would desire to have….
Desoxyn / Dexamyl / Desbutal / Methedrine I.V.
Methylphenidate & Phenmetrazine I.V. pure powder

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I switched from MPH/concerta to Vyvanse and was surprised how clean it was, not free from but MUCH less cardiac side effects. One eventually develops tolerance to them but MPH is way worse.

I haven't played with Ritalin for perhaps 15 years. Very experienced with wide range of stims including RCs.

However no tolerance as not much over last couple of years, mainly Cathinones but again none for months.
10mg a around 3pm.
Felt decent all afternoon and evening. I was tired prior so this went. Mild mood lifted.
Able to eat, but I can eat on any stim so not surprised. But now it's 1am, drunk fair amount of alcohol and still got some residual stimulant affect. Not close to sleep.
Just had 12.5 mg of restavits. Should sleep soon. Very surprised though the length of stimulant affect

Cannot imagine from my mind today ( while younger I did consume a lot more) what some of the doses mentioned above would be like. Lol