• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My Ex-BF died last Thursday and I need answers

I highly doubt methamphetamine is to blame. It was recently ranked the second safest illegal drug after marijuana. But, although it is hard to overdose on at typical recreational dosages, doing so is not impossible. A teenager swallowed a large amount last year at the border, started screaming uncontrollably, and then died. So, yes, it is an unpleasant way to die.
There are possibilities that some impurities can be toxic. Here where people smoke crack or whatever on market one day there was a man who puffed some bad crack, started coughing, spitting up blood, and vomiting only to die shortly after because if the bad crack hit. Street quality drugs are super risky and add a whole extra level of risk prescribed and quality controlled meds.

Sad to hear, my wife & I have both lost friends and ex's in the past, it's always difficult and frustrating because it's such a waste. As others have said, there's no point speculating until you get the toxicology report / results of autopsy. All the best, grieving is always tough and so I hope you have a lot of support for yourself.

this is terrible and I'm sorry..Nothing but time can resolve the pain of a situation like this.. this is the real effect of unchecked drug addiction that this board sometimes undermines..which I understand, most the memebers are still in young.....but take it from someone who has been a witness to this for over twenty years..plz use it to stoke a fire of harm prevention.

I highly doubt methamphetamine is to blame. It was recently ranked the second safest illegal drug after marijuana. But, although it is hard to overdose on at typical recreational dosages, doing so is not impossible. A teenager swallowed a large amount last year at the border, started screaming uncontrollably, and then died. So, yes, it is an unpleasant way to die.

Who ever ranked it the second safest is a dumbass...

Today marks 2 weeks since I saw him last. I sure do miss him but I am glad he is no longer suffering through this life with the torment of addiction. I have found peace with this situation, with him, with the person who sold him the drugs and for me FORGIVENESS was the key. After doing some digging, I found the guy who has been selling him the dope and had a conversation with him. As much as I want to hate him I cant. He has 3 girls that need a GOOD father and one day he will have to answer to his maker... I just pray his heart is right when that time comes.

This has been the absolute hardest thing that I have ever dealt with in my life. Being a recovering addict myself, I know that it is not easy to resist the temptations to use. What keeps me sober is not wanting my friends and family to have to feel the pain I have because of the effects of drugs and alcohol.

Whomever said meth was a safer drug, please don't justify by calling something safe or safer when there is nothing safe about it. Drugs are toxic, regardless of the form.... They ruin lives, cause death and sadness, they rob a person of mental stability and the ability to have healthy relationships. There is nothing safe about that.

I know you just don't want anyone else to die from a drug overdose like your ex-boyfriend may have, but pretending all drugs are equally dangerous when that is patently untrue (sometimes by orders of magnitude even) doesn't really further the harm reduction cause, whereas--perhaps counterintuitively(?)--making oneself as accurately as possible apprised of the relative and absolute risks associated with each drug and its possible dangerous combinations does.

As I think dresden pointed out drugs aren't inheritly good or bad, but it's just how they are used. Sometimes drugs can be life saving medicine. It's again in the way they are used.

It sounds like you have gone through some heavy transformations through this time. I just want to remind you that while change and cautiousness is good letting in fear is not. Things are the way they are and that's that.

Well it took almost 5 months but the autopsy and toxicology reports came back and he died from meth toxicity. They measured 6.4 mg/l of meth in his heart blood and 22 mg/l in his spleen. Other than a little emphysemia in his lungs and some plaque in this aorta, he was normal. No track marks, no broken bones, no signs of trauma on or in his head or neck, nothing.... just meth..... it is crazy to me that it has been almost 5 months already. Anyone have any idea if the amounts they found in him was a lot? I am so clueless about meth.....

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't about the amounts because when they measured it from his body idk if some of it had been absorbed. But whatever that was it looks like it was enough to have him killed. That's only my thought about it.

For instance, If someone dies bc they OD from 2 grams of heroin idk if the amount in the body will be the same as used.

I'm really sorry you are going through this. It must be quite painful. I hope you find closure somehow.

I am actually a lot better now. It has been a rough road but the bottom line is I had to come to terms with the fact that he was an addict and he was a grown man and made his own choices. I miss him like crazy but I don't miss the crazy... This site has been a ton of help too...

That is so from reality I can not even begin to explain. Meth is probably the worst drug that a person can do. It takes most of it's users on a roller coaster ride through hell knocks out all their teeth and then creates a psychosis so real and so dark that users begin to believe they are turning into daemons, eating babies or other human flesh in ritualistic patterns. Obviously this is at the extreme end of the scale. But who ranked meth as the second safest drug? Meth-times Magazine?

Even google says you are full of shit https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1CAACAG_enUS638US638&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=methamphetamine%20second%20safest%20drug I could not find ONE article that talk about meth being ranked second safest drug. I did find a shit load of articles calling it the number one most dangerous drug, or the second most addictive drug next to heroin! If you actually believe the crap you are putting out then you must be so wrapped up in you own addiction that you are beginning to justify your use.

OP I am so sorry for your lost and that you are having to cope with this in such a complicated way. I would like to take a moment to point out that the dangers are real. People do get wrapped up in this game so much that they lose their lives. I hope some of you that I have been working with see this and realize you are headed this way if you don't seriously start to re-evaluate your lives. Again OP I am so sorry for your loss... this is why I am such a huge proponent of harm reduction and recovery. If you need help PLEASE go out and get it.

It's not nearly as dangerous as heroin or even cocaine.

I... don't even have words for this. Ya a drug that is made by hillbilly's with dangerous fucking chemicals with no working knowledge of chemistry is safer than TWO drugs that are just concentrated forms of plant matter. Meth had ~19,500 deaths in 2013 as compared to ~5,000 for cocaine and ~10,000 for heroin. You are living in a dream world bud. Let me guess Meth is your DOC? Meth is almost TWICE as deadly as heroin.

Last edited:
I... don't even have words for this. Ya a drug that is made by hillbilly's with dangerous fucking chemicals with no working knowledge of chemistry is safer than TWO drugs that are just concentrated forms of plant matter. Meth had ~19,500 deaths in 2013 as compared to ~5,000 for cocaine and ~10,000 for heroin. You are living in a dream world bud. Let me guess Meth is your DOC? Meth is almost TWICE as deadly as heroin.

Unfortunately it is just another medicinal plant churned into poison (Ephedra)