• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My addiction to marijuana

badanga

Greenlighter
This might seem like a joke because of how harmless marijuana is. I feel that it is possible to become addicted to anything though. I smoke marijuana very often and most commonly in blunts. I'm to the point where if I run out of weed, I start having very suicidal thoughts and urges. I struggle from several mental disorders that are not that serious, but the most related being major depression disorder. I do not regret the constant and daily use of marijuana to treat my anxiety and depression, but I feel that there are withdrawals of symptoms that return when I do not use marijuana. I would not consider it necessarily an addiction more of just using marijuana to treat my symptoms. I feel as marijuana when I'm without it also intensifies these symptoms which is unfortunate. I am curious if any body else would like to share this feeling with marijuana use. I smoke on average 5-10 blunts a day. I smoke high grade marijuana as well. This is the reason for why I feel this way because I am constantly high or I want to die.

I definitely feel mj comes with withdrawals when stopped after long term use. When I stopped my anxiety and depression we T through the roof. Are you intending to quit or are you just looking for people who have had a similar experience?

Are you on medication for your depression or other disorders that you mentioned? It's possible that smoking marijuana may be exacerbating your condition. I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion.

5-10 blunts a day? Your literally letting the weed SMOKE you.

I highly suggest start cutting down half a blunt at a time or something, you don't have to go cold turkey. But damn dude 10 blunt wraps smoked in your lungs a day are gonna mess you up

To state the obvious, abusing marijuana is fucking your head up. It is clearly in your best interest to quit cold turkey and never look back, you're addicted. Not to preach, keep smoking your brains out if you really want to and see what will eventually happen. I predict that it won't be pretty.

Listen to how YOU feel about it. Preferably when you are sober (if you ever are anymore) and not stoned because you'll tend to justify it when you're high. Not what a bunch of people are going to tell you on a cannabis forum where practically everyone smokes daily. Do you really need other people's recognition that cannabis can be harmful? Nobody knows shit about how it is impacting your life, but you. You know best, so stop searching for some kind of reassurance that what you are doing is harmless and that it's all in your head because that's bullshit. Smoking that much has a major impact on your brain in the long term.

Maybe you wouldn't be so depressed if you weren't so fucking stoned all the time... but there's only one way to find out. You have to quit for like a year or two, maybe longer. You can't take a break for a week and come to any conclusions on whether it is helping you or not. I'd be shocked if abusing it that bad was helping you in any way at all.

This might seem like a joke because of how harmless marijuana is. I feel that it is possible to become addicted to anything though. I smoke marijuana very often and most commonly in blunts. I'm to the point where if I run out of weed, I start having very suicidal thoughts and urges. I struggle from several mental disorders that are not that serious, but the most related being major depression disorder. I do not regret the constant and daily use of marijuana to treat my anxiety and depression, but I feel that there are withdrawals of symptoms that return when I do not use marijuana. I would not consider it necessarily an addiction more of just using marijuana to treat my symptoms. I feel as marijuana when I'm without it also intensifies these symptoms which is unfortunate. I am curious if any body else would like to share this feeling with marijuana use. I smoke on average 5-10 blunts a day. I smoke high grade marijuana as well. This is the reason for why I feel this way because I am constantly high or I want to die.

I can relate, I was smoking on average of about 1-2 ozs of high grade a week for years. I was able to taper myself off opiates and quit smoking cigarettes from a pack a day for over half a decade. Those were easy for me because I just replaced the cravings with a joint basically. I still struggle with pills from time to time but not like I had used to, no longer a daily habit starting upon waking up or anything close to that.

It is possible to quit though and those feelings of swelling hopelessness does subside and is replaced with genuine happiness. At first you will probably feel a lot of sadness, so I would suggest tapering as you would with any other drug. Instead of smoking 4-5 blunts a day, cut that in half for the next few weeks. Then cut it in half again. Get to a point where you are only smoking a few hits at a time and then busy yourself by being productive. Go as long as you can between sessions and try not to think about the time. Start small and go slow if you have too, but just make sure that you are really cutting back at a reasonable schedule. Set yourself a deadline so that you have a goal to reach for.

I've heard many say it is easy after the first few days but that hasn't been my experience with it at all. It is hard and I retain cravings for quite sometime, much longer than a few days or weeks. But that said, it does get easier as you progress. I haven't quit completely but I have gotten it down to a manageable amount. I can go without it and although I might have urges to smoke I don't feel that impending doom feeling like I used to.

To state the obvious, abusing marijuana is fucking your head up. It is clearly in your best interest to quit cold turkey and never look back, you're addicted. Not to preach, keep smoking your brains out if you really want to and see what will eventually happen. I predict that it won't be pretty.

Listen to how YOU feel about it. Preferably when you are sober (if you ever are anymore) and not stoned because you'll tend to justify it when you're high. Not what a bunch of people are going to tell you on a cannabis forum where practically everyone smokes daily. Do you really need other people's recognition that cannabis can be harmful? Nobody knows shit about how it is impacting your life, but you. You know best, so stop searching for some kind of reassurance that what you are doing is harmless and that it's all in your head because that's bullshit. Smoking that much has a major impact on your brain in the long term.

Maybe you wouldn't be so depressed if you weren't so fucking stoned all the time... but there's only one way to find out. You have to quit for like a year or two, maybe longer. You can't take a break for a week and come to any conclusions on whether it is helping you or not. I'd be shocked if abusing it that bad was helping you in any way at all.
Yep. I'll ask it again OP, was your anxiety and depression worse before or after starting the heavy cannabis use?

this is not true. marijuana is not harmless. i'm gonna work on getting this shipped over to CD for ya.

Marijuana is not what it used to be as THC levels are higher these days.

Let me ask you this. Was your anxiety worse before or after starting to smoke cannabis?

Sometimes weeds make people anxious. It may lead you to an overthinking process and that's not worthwhile.

Are you on medication for your depression or other disorders that you mentioned? It's possible that smoking marijuana may be exacerbating your condition. I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion.

Precisely. I was just about to ask the same question.

Blunts are also a shitload more addictive than ganja on its own because of the nicotine...

^^^^^^
What he said, all that nicotine definitely isn't helping and could possibly be contributing to the addiction you feel.

If you spend more time high then sober then of course your gonna get into a withdrawal like state because when u spend so much time high being sober will seem like life sucks and if you smoke 10 blunts a day you sure are gonna crash hard when u come down, and 10 blunt wraps can't be good for u either. I would say take a 2 week t brake then smoke 3 times a day if u don't want withdrawals.