Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mxe novice with questions

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
So I've never done any sort of dissociative before but have recently come across some mxe. What would be a solid dose and good roa for this, for a newcomer? Also what effects should I expect? I have wide experience with psychedelics but like I said, no dissociatives (not even dxm)

I wouldn't start with more than 10-20mgs after an allergy test, 50% of people I know HATE the effects of dissociatives(even those people can stand a bit of mxe). Oral or plugged doses are somewhat stronger than when insufflated. That being said I do enjoy sniffing it as it was the only way I used it for the first 3 years and it is by far the most gentle substance to go up my nose.

I'd suggest to begin with taking 5mg bumps and gradually build up to a comfortable level. Make sure to leave at least 30-45 mins in between bumps though as MXE tends to creep up on you. Sniffed is shorter acting and less intense compared to an equal oral dose, and hence more beginner friendly I'd say.

I'm ultra-sensitive to chems, generally, but I started with 10mg bumps & hammered 70mg the first night. I would not recomend this. It was bloody intense & long-lasting. Scared the shit out of me & I never did that much again. In fact, my doses of MXE went down every time I did it until I gave it up. Diss drugs just aren't my thang. I still occassionally use for anti-depressant effects, but I use almost inactive 1 or 2mg doses every hour or two through the day for the next day after-glow. Micro-dosing, I guess you'd call it.

I'd start with 5mg bumps, as advised above, & give them plenty of time to hit, because as you add to the hit, it changes & lengthens! Fascinating stuff, capable of producing remarkable realisation, but I'm done with it now. Remarkable the realisations may be, but the drug produces too much confusion to make use of the realisations. Each to their own, this one just ain't for me.

OK, just checking in to say that I've bumped 2 5mgs and I feel pretty messed up right now. Good lord. Pretty fun way to end the night I suppose...so strange

sounds good hope you find all the benefits the chemical offers

If you have more, try it again tonight if you feel like it. Start with the same dose you had yesterday. I always find the second day of dosing to be the best. It is less 'messed up' feeling thus easier to control and unlock the euphoria and healing potential. If you are lucky you may find deep unseen inner truth that you can carry with you long after the experience ends.
I don't know what you combined it with last night but combining it with more than one drink of alcohol is counterproductive. Be careful combining with weed too. A little goes a long way to energize it.

Last edited:
If you have more, try it again tonight if you feel like it. Start with the same dose you had yesterday. I always find the second day of dosing to be the best. It is less 'messed up' feeling thus easier to control and unlock the euphoria and healing potential. If you are lucky you may find deep unseen inner truth that you can carry with you long after the experience ends.
I don't know what you combined it with last night but combining it with more than one drink of alcohol is counterproductive. Be careful combining with weed too. A little goes a long way to energize it.

Thank you for your advice! I did have three drinks (12 oz cans of beer) last night, but I tried the MXE long after they had cleared my system.

Basically the MXE made me feel like I was a giant, immobile hunk of meat, and that my arms were just spindles of bone and meat that were somehow attached to my torso. It was extremely difficult for me to walk or move around the room. There were some visual and time distortions as well, although not as intense as the classical psychedelic hallucinogens. Interesting drug. I tried it by myself last night in my bedroom just to get a feel for it, perhaps tonight i'll give it another shot with some other people.

It depends on what you are searching for. With 20 mg I get euphoric, energetic, the music flows through me (perfect for dancing), the dissociative effects can't really be felt.

When I get around 40 mg, it starts to gets really dissociative, with difficulty walking, outside world seems really strange, OEV's start to appear. Music and movies are distorted but they are still enjoyable.

I've taken by mistake one larger dose (thought it was 20 mg but it was more around 80 - 100 mg I think, this is why it's important to use a reliable scale) and I ended up losing consciousness on the peak. On the come-up I couldn't remember who I was or where I was. On the come-down I was still fucked up to the point everything seemed wrong, artificial and distorted (even ambient music seemed horrible). Had to hold onto the walls to avoid falling down while navigating around my appartment. The OEV's were massive. It was definitely not a good experience, I was not prepared for this.

Start small and be safe. :)