Marmz

Bluelighter
it's a 4 way match for me between

depeche mode
the beat
pixies
rush

I can't decide between them all

in other news 90's entre REM and Mercury Rev and Spiritualized ... will create another thread about those later

anyway ... regardless ... what's yer favourite 80's darlings?

[edit] 80's REM were better than 90's REM. I fucking LOVE REM in both decades. Just to be (not) clear <3

Last edited:
it's a 4 way match for me between

depeche mode
the beat
pixies
rush

I can't decide between them all

in other news 90's entre REM and Mercury Rev and Spiritualized ... will create another thread about those later

anyway ... regardless ... what's yer favourite 80's darlings?

Since when were Rush an 80s band? All their best stuff was produced in the 70s. The 80s were when they went to shit...

Active in the 80s or founded in the 80s?

Dire Straits

O and 80s Metallica is amazing
I fucking love Dire Straits (I've said that before)

I Also love 80's Metallica (my Mother was a Witch etc ... just like meee).

I'm also 80% Danish so I also love Lars a little bit too

[Fuberino]

and as for 80's Rush. I fuckin' love 'em Mister. 90's Rush too. 70's Rush even more so
I've seen 'em twice! so there!

I saw Rush on the Permanent Waves tour in 1980 at the Deeside leisure centre ice rink. It was a fuckin disaster. They were plagued by sound problems all night and half of the boards blacking out the windows fell off. Hard to believe such a huge band ever played in such a shitty venue...

I question your authenticity!

[edit] I fucking LOVE shitty venues. Stadium gigs fucking suck. Sticky floors all the way!

I question your authenticity!

[edit] I fucking LOVE shitty venues. Stadium gigs fucking suck. Sticky floors all the way!

I was extremely authentic I'll have you know. I even had the album cover of '2112' embroidered (by my own fair hand) on the back of my denim jacket.

Edit: The Cult are definitely contenders...

I fucking love Dire Straits (I've said that before)

I Also love 80's Metallica (my Mother was a Witch etc ... just like meee).

I'm also 80% Danish so I also love Lars a little bit too

Mark Knopfler is one of my all-time favourite musicians and guitarists. Their self-titled album, 1978 - Gods I can't even find words for how much I love this album.

Also I want to punch myself because I forgot Iron Maiden T_T What would I be without The Trooper?

Yeah, theyre on my list-to-dos. have been for ages. I'm lazy tho, but after listening to that I can hear why.

I like.

Bed time. Back soon maybe <3

[edit]
jebus ... Geddy wants his bass back .... I say that as a compliment, obv x

i was only born in 1986 and i make a point of trying to only listen to bands who i can watch live (actually during the recession era i limited myself to current UK bands).

but nofx formed early 80s. they have only done one good song in the last 20 years but fuck it they rock.

i was only born in 1986 and i make a point of trying to only listen to bands who i can watch live (actually during the recession era i limited myself to current UK bands).

but nofx formed early 80s. they have only done one good song in the last 20 years but fuck it they rock.

I've never heard of these @chinup so I got on YouTube.

This is the first track that came up. Funny as fuck...

Reminds me of The Macc Ladds (another 80s band that spat in the face of political correctness)

@F.U.B.A.R. that song is mint!! i hadn't heard it cos i thought this was the only good song they'd done since the year 2000 (about their drummer's stint as the worst junkie courtney love had ever met):

but their best song, imo, is lori meyers, which is one of my favourite songs of all time. also check out linoleum, drugs are good, and the decline, which as its 20 minutes long and all of it is gold, i think qualifies for the greatest punk song of all time.

The Jesus And Mary Chain for me

Edit: shit how could I forget my other favourite band New Order

Last edited:
The Sid Presley Experience and the Godfathers. "BIrth, school, work, death"

I'm a total Stone Roses nut, but their somewhat meagre output means I'm craving for more....

Can anybody recommend any similar bands of that era? I like Joy Division/New Order, a bit ambivalent about the Happy Mondays. And I think the 90s Britpop scene is a bit overrated