Music as a potentially great mood stabilizer

I'm going to be working with people in mental health wards soon teaching/playing music. Was wondering does anyone have any recommendations of songs that have helped them through psychosis, dark times etc and if feel comfortable sharing? Obviously I have ideas already for songs to teach and perform but just interested to hear from others - thanks 🙂

I'm going to be working with people in mental health wards soon teaching/playing music. Was wondering does anyone have any recommendations of songs that have helped them through psychosis, dark times etc and if feel comfortable sharing? Obviously I have ideas already for songs to teach and perform but just interested to hear from others - thanks 🙂

Drive - incubus
Meant to live - switchfoot
More to life - Stacie orrico

By the way I've found some of my favorite music therapies are when the patients picked songs too!

If you don't want to play it just say you don't know it ;)

I've never seen anyone mishandling the instrument too, if they insist on playing!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about songs, but when choosing what to teach them, wouldn't wind instruments be a top choice? cause of the gentle sounds and since they are relatively easy to learn, even for complete beginners in music.

Last edited: