• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Storage, Stability and Potency

Help With Shroom Growing Plzz Help Im New

i want to start a good little shroom farm in my closet can you help me wt these topics with you absolute PROFFESINAL opinions

--what is the most easiest and potent strain with high yields

--what substrate mixtue should i use [exact measurments]

--what the humidity it should be and if a humidifier will work and what temp

--is flouresent light ok [if any light at all]

--i here there are alot of good leagl vendors for spore syringes which 1 wiuld you reccomend for reliabilty

--and whate ever techniques you guys use to prevent contamination i already know the pressure cooker deal and been to shroomer but i want to know what ALWAYS WORKS best for you guys

thx and if you have anything to throw in other than the above plz do so im a new bluelighter so take it easy if my post is shitty

i always trust anything mjshroomer says so I would believe these are 100% real...the guy is as legit as it comes...ever see his san pedro tea method? best around

^You ain't gonna be getting mescaline mushrooms dude....anyway, bump.

Merged in MJShroomers threads....:) Nice pics.

^Dude, this is the mushroom thread.

mjshroomer, why do you say you shouldn't preserve them in honey? I've heard this recommendation lots of times and was thinking about trying it

^Storing fresh mushrooms in honey can lead to excess water in the honey, which can result in either rotting or fermenting.

I think if you used a food dehydrator or an oven you could easily get all the moisture out of the shrooms.

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

toomuchtv said:
mjshroomer, why do you say you shouldn't preserve them in honey? I've heard this recommendation lots of times and was thinking about trying it

Thanks Pretty Diamond.

Ott bought fermented shrooms in honey in Mexico which had bugs (larvae) in them. You can read that in Pharmacotheon if you can afford the book,. The first printing there were only three hundred copies printed.

And a reminder. Although the Aztec Lords serve visiting dignitaries mushroosm with honey or chocolate, they never stored them is such.

Maria Sabina and many shamans in Mexico stored their dried shrooms in gourds. or simply sun dried them for later use.

mjshroomer

And again, it is still not a good idea for people who take the medications as I noted they did with mushrooms or any psychoactive compound. IT does not mix.

And Valiums and other diazapam type drugs are used to bring someone off of a bum trip. IT is not good medicine to eat any of those drugs with shrooms. Thats polydrug abuse and I did notice comments to others about maybe they should stop taking all the medications they take.

Probably because one is less potent than the other. What's a good dosage range for Liberty Caps? I weigh about 160 pounds, and I am getting an 1/8th of them. I'm told that I'd need less than half of that to have a good trip.

Last edited:
Ason Unique said:
Probably because one is less potent than the other. What's a good dosage range for Liberty Caps? I weigh about 160 pounds, and I am getting an 1/8th of them. I'm told that I'd need less than half of that to have a good trip.

psilocybin isen't weight dependent in my experience.. and in regards to my first mushroom excursion, i ate half an eighth and had a WONDERFUL time.. the bodily feelings and the "animal"esque connection to the woods in my backyard was beyond amazement (defiantly go climb a tree when you actually eat em.. it's good for your well being :)), it's really what you make of it.. i'm the type of person to work my way up in terms of doseage to discover the full spectrum of effects..

the second time i ate mushrooms i dosed a full eighth and i believe it is because of my experience with the half eighth- i was able to fully immerse myself and "accept" the full eighth experience.. and it is because of this fact that i suggest you do the same as me

Medications said:
My friends and I are getting some shrooms this weekend, but I had a question. We've also got a bunch of LSD, if we took the LSD say tonight, and then did the shrooms tomorrow night, would the LSD effect the shroom trip at all? As in tolerance-wise, cause I know that if you took LSD two days in a row, the LSD on the second day would be significantly less effective.

yes, there will be cross tolerance.. i've been with a friend when he dosed LSD one night, then the next night we all ate mushrooms together, he dosed 5g and got next to nothing in terms of effects, slight body tinglings he said.. but thats about it

i'd defiantly space out your experiences a bit more.. make the most of your trips, don't spoil yourself of some good times

Last edited:
question about psilocybin mushrooms

quick question. how long can psilocybin mushrooms retain potency, and how can i prolong that as much as possible?

Dry mushrooms can last for many many months . Keep them in an air tight container out of direct sunlight .

^^

I know exactly what ure talking about ive used them before . Its on the tip of my tongue and its driving me nuts . ahhhhh . dont you hate when that happens . Someone please come in here and help us out . There has to be a bluelighter out there that knows the name of the bags were speaking of .

Dry them and freeze them in a glass jar and they will last 5-10 years (at least) with no noticeable loss in potency.

^^ Might put a desiccant package in the jar also as a just in case. Water molecules expand when they freeze, which could lead to some really disgusting, runny mushroom juice when you thaw them. Since the mushrooms are dried it shouldn't be bad, but I wouldn't want to take chances with my stash.