• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
I know its impossible to prepare for a bad trip, but i think it wud be good for me, i think ill learn more from a bad trip than a good one. Im losing touch with reality and feeling pretty nihilistic. I think mushies might shed some light on that and show me my place.

Bad trips are not fun at all.... sure you may learn something from them and it is very enlightening but, they are not worth it, they are DEAD SCARY, for NO REASON. be careful.

I think that I'll write here too.

Soon, I am going to shroom for the first time.

I've reached ++++ two times, the first time was on 25D (2mg), the second on LSD (200ug). LSD trip was very dramatic and satisfying.

I'll use Psilocybe Cubensis Peru. What dose should give me deep and epic experience?

3, 3,5, 4g? (dried)

:D

there is no telling the exact dose that will give you the trip you desire. mushrooms have varied contents of psychedelic alkaloids, and your body (brain) chemistry and tolerance will play a part in it. my advice would be to aim to get to know your substance in the lower trip levels, know what the potency of said mushies is, and only then look for another +4.

it really is great for you if you had 2 awe inspiring trips like that so far. i find that looking for that trip kinda makes things more difficult for me to achieve it, and probably the best experiences ive had so far were at times most unexpected. a supposedly recreational 3g (cubensis) trip was in fact so satisfying that it left me content for weeks, while a more purposeful high dose trip left me just tired (happy, though) :)

I know it's better not to worry about these things but as someone prone to anxiety who has not used cannabis since the summer of 2010 because of an exceptionally bad panic attack (this was after months of smoking I was just going through a rough time), I have to ask you experts how the anxiety of your first few mushy trips was?

Last edited:
shrooms for the first time

so ill probably be taking shrooms for the first time soon. i dont really have any experience with psychedelic drugs because when i took lsd i didnt take enough to have a real trip, i just had some of the visuals. but anyways im really excited to try shrooms but im afraid i will have a bad trip. Besides that tho i want to know what to expect with shrooms

It differs for everyone, it could be heaven or it could be hell. It depends on a lot of things, your mental state, who you are with, so many variables.

It is best to start with a low dose to get a feel for it, but I find mushrooms to be very introspective and you can get caught in thought loops (they may be good or bad depending on circumstances on your outlook).

I guess to maximize your chance of having a good time you should start with a low dise (maybe 2 grams) and be with a good friend :) Go somewhere fun where there arent many people, or stay indoors.

Make sure you are comfortable and content before you decide to dose or things can get awry (no medical danger, just negative/scary introspection)

I hope it goes well :).

hmm okay thank you i have some weird ocd tendencies and im scared it will ruin my trip. i think i have a pretty strong mental state and ill be tripping with someone i trust so i hope it goes well

As long as your somewhere comfortable, with people you trust it should be a good time. Mushrooms are extremely mental for me, not so much visual & it can knock you off your feet the first few times. It certainly did me, hope you have a good time dude. :)

If your afraid of a bad trip my advice is to wait awhile before you consume shrooms....as other said you should be comfortable before you trip, its hard to not think about a bad trip with all the propaganda around them....set and setting and people you trust and you should have an amazing time!

I'd advise simply starting with a low dose. For me, I had 3gs of dried cubensis, and had an amazing time. It's all about who you're with and your state or mind at the time. If you have anything bad going on at the time, i'd advise against shrooms, as they're a very emotional psychedelic.

Yeah, definitely listen to all the low dose advice. I made that mistake the first time I did shrooms. The kid who sold 'em to me told me not to eat the whole eighth at once. So I started with half. But 20 minutes later I hadn't felt anything so like the genius I am, I decided to just go ahead and eat the other half. So anyway, this was back when I was in high school so I was living with my parents, who were home at the time. I didn't get caught, but I spent a whole lot of time preoccupied with the fact that my parents were only about 12 feet away from me. And so I would start laughing uncontrollably at god knows what, and then start freaking out telling myself, "they can hear you!" not being able to tell whether I had said the thought out loud or simply thought it in my head the way I normally thought thoughts. Yeah, there was a lot of laughing at just about every single thought that came to my mind, followed by crying for no apparent reason, followed by more laughter, back to crying, and so on... For the longest time I was thinking that I was gonna try to smoke a bowl to help calm down, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the bong or the herb so I just rolled around on the floor fumbling 'em with my hands, spilling herb and bong water all over my floor.

It's kinda funny looking back on, but it was definitely too intense for my first time and I was so frazzled the next day from having my mind blown and no sleep that I had to ditch school (which my parents did catch me on).

Yeah, there was a lot of laughing at just about every single thought that came to my mind, followed by crying for no apparent reason, followed by more laughter, back to crying, and so on... For the longest time I was thinking that I was gonna try to smoke a bowl to help calm down, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the bong or the herb so I just rolled around on the floor fumbling 'em with my hands, spilling herb and bong water all over my floor.

HAHAHA, the image of this actually made my day. That's one of the funniest shroom stories I've heard in ages. Rolling around in bong water, fuck man. That would suck!

As for OP, just make sure you're comfortable. There's obviously a part of you that wants to undergo this experience and you will probably end up doing it eventually, trust me the curiosity only grows, I was a late starter.
Just start low, be safe and whether you have a bad or good experience, remember there is no bad or good experiences, just a whole lot to be learned :)

The most simple thing is to just understand that you ate mushrooms and you will be back to normal in about 5 hours. If you keep that in mind i dont see you having a bad trip.

The most simple thing is to just understand that you ate mushrooms and you will be back to normal in about 5 hours. If you keep that in mind i dont see you having a bad trip.

This is good advice. Every time a shroom trip would start going a weird direction for me, I would tell myself this and would eventually get back on a positive trip. I wish I would have read a post like this a couple years back before my first shroom trip. I was in my room alone wondering if I would be stuck feeling like this forever!

Don't worry about it. Everyone has these sort of worries the first time they do any psychedelic. It's hard not to, but just go in with a clear head in a nice place with people you know well and trust and you'll have a good time. You'll see when it starts that it's not as scary as you were probably thinking. I'd start with 2-2.5g Enough to break through the "now I'm tripping" barrier but shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Expect to laugh a lot, to over analyze little things and find them hilarious or completely obscure. Expect to gain a sort of connection with your surroundings or trip mates or to "make friends" with inanimate objects. Expect breathing walls, fluttering textures and shifting aztec patterns overlayed on objects. Expect to want to go out and explore and point out every little thing that looks wrong, because everything kind of does. Expect a good fucking time!

I had an insane trip and it started good got pretty bad and then got okay again near the end. it was too overwhelming for me at times and i dont think i will do it again for a while. but i hope someone finds this thread helpful before the first time they do shrooms.

rolll I merged your thread with the big First Time Shrooming thread to make it easier for new trippers to find. :)

Today I'm going to shroom for the first time with my buddy! So excited, going to munch an eighth with mah bro

hmmm. maybe this hiking/cave place around where I live. It's reallly nice out for a change (live in iowa so you have to be an opportunist with the weather) so seems like a good plan.