• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Mushrooms Subthread] Different Strains & Cultivation

after innoculating your substrate jars, what is the best temperature for mycellium growth??

Glad I found this thread before starting a new one. ? when using the spore syringe and the PF tek with dry vermiculite on top of the mixture of verm/brf, how far down the side of the jar is too far? If its put just less than half way down and the solution spreads down the side of the glass but mostly goes right to the bottom, do you think that would cause problems? Thanks in advance.
pc

no sources for materials reated to cultivating illegal drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
KroZN-(/-\)-XsZ said:
Do shrooms benefit from a stable lightscheme or can I just leave the lightning in my basement for what it is, ie pretty random, but some hours of light per day at leat and about 15 hours or so max? also, the temperature is most times between 18 and 22 degrees celsius (although it barely gets under 20), would this be allright? I'll check my air humidity level tonight when i get home and post it then, just wondering if my conditions are any good to grow shrooms without having to do to much about the temp, light an humidity
[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: KroZN-(/-\)-XsZ ]

Light is needed with shroom cultivation because the fruiting
body grows towards where the light source is. this is essential
because a larger fruit ( with bad lighting) can run over smaller
pins thus inhibiting the growth of the overall pinning cycle.

if a rubbermaid is used whether the pf tek or a bulk tek is employed
try and find a black rubber maid body with a clear to lid so that
the shrooms grow straight up, otherwise the fruiiting body will
grow in which ever way sometimes fusing with another fruiting body.
(a real mess)

Last edited:
SwondPooping said:
Glad I found this thread before starting a new one. ? when using the spore syringe and the PF tek with dry vermiculite on top of the mixture of verm/brf, how far down the side of the jar is too far? If its put just less than half way down and the solution spreads down the side of the glass but mostly goes right to the bottom, do you think that would cause problems? Thanks in advance.
pc

you'll be fine.

Thor_Shroom said:

Without the shroomery, I would have never experienced the
awe and the immense productivity of my past mycology experiments
refined by the knowledge of the likes of "anno" and "mycofile".

thier knowledge alone helped me surpass my wildest expectations
tenfold.

God bless the Shroomery!

it's the first place i visit when i need info on overall mycology.

i didnt have time to read other posts in this thread so sorry if this is off topic. Can i grow shrooms with my own shit? I wouldnt feel as weird as having my shit in jars than i would if it was cow shit or whatever shit is used these days. Maybe i could eat a lot of grains and wait a day or 2...?

I just found out that vermiculite is no longer manufactured due to lawsuits (i guess they just now realized that the volcanic dust was dangerous).

However, there is a new subsitute for it. I don't know the name of it or anything about really, but will it still be a good subsitute for growing shrooms?

SWIM is newish to growing and has had a few grows under their belt on brf cakes. During each grow, the mushrooms from the 4th-5th flush have felt 1/4 as potent as the mushrooms from the first few flushes, regardless of mushroom size(ie usually the bigger mushrooms are weaker and typically come from later flushes).

Could this be caused by the nutrients in the cake being depleted? If so would casing with something like dung counteract this? Has anyone else heard of this loss of potency? I know this question is more suited to the shroomery but I just want some input here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not experienced this, but I don't work with cakes either. Sometimes I suspect the 4th-8th flushes are a little weaker, but nothing like 1/4 the strength of the first couple flushes. I rarely let them go past the 3rd flush though, as the low(er) yeild is not worth the increased risk of contamination or use of my limited space.

I would not recommend adding manure to cakes. Some people do with success, but I've never seen them produce larger yields or more potent mushrooms. I would be concerned about thinning the available nutrients.

If you are looking for potency and much larger yields and have successfully completed a few cake grows, it may be time to start looking into the liquid culture->whole grain->cased manure methods.

Loss of potency is normal in later flushes. (3+)
You could try to counteract this by not letting the mushrooms grow as big (so more alkaloids per gram, same principle as picking the mushrooms before the caps open because alkaloid content doesn't increase, but mass does)
or maybe try injecting the cake with DMT?

hueroLOCO said:
SG, I hope ya don't mind, but I'm gonna take this oppurtunity to ask a question also ... no sense in making a totally separate shroom thread, right?
Me and some friends are taking shrooms tomorrow night and I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any good drug combinations with shrooms? I know smokin' dank is always good. But has anyone tried, say vicodins or oxycontins with shrooms? Coke? Whippits?
I'm always lookin' for that ulitmate high. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated ... THanks guys!

I'm particularly interested in mixing coke and shrooms, anyone tried this? :0

Stims + psychs is considered by almost all who try them together a bad bad synergy, in the sense that negative feelings especially anxiety and paranoia increase. Basically a recipe for a bad trip. Having said that i'm sure if one was confident enough to overcome these feelings they could enjoy the experience, stims tend to make me think clearer so i could see some potential there maybe.
My biggest concern would be a prolonged, unpleasant comedown on which i doubt sleep would be possible unless you added benzos. Try at your own risk dude.

I've used crys. meth on LSD and 2CI; whilst its certainly not something I wouyld do again (hyperspeed hallucinations only enjoyable after turned down by xanax) it certainly hit the spot for a while. The major problem, I found and as said above, was that doing that turned a drug with no comedown into a major headache. I certainly wouldn't combine stimulants with mushrooms though, either now or ever.

I would not recommend mixing coke and psychedelics. I've heard a few positive reports, but many, many more negative ones, including some horror trips (especially coke + LSD). Mushrooms can be so brutal, I would not recommend trying.

The stimulant to mix with psychedelics, if you want, is amphetamine. Or even better, AMT. AMT mixes well with many psychedelics, as long as you make sure not to mix it with ones that are too stimulating (like the DOX series for example).

But overall, I would much prefer mushrooms by themselves.

^If I had to choose a stimulant to go with my mushrooms, I'd chose mdma. Of course, I've never tried amt.

I would have chosen MDMA years ago, but it just sucks for me now. AMT, on the other hand, is great for me, and it's somewhat psychedelic in its own right. It mixes very well with psychedelics. In fact, AMT reminds me of how MDMA used to be, but much, much less pushy and you get to keep your higher mental faculties fully intact (or more).

"Mushbox" question

Anyone got any experience of these?

Got some mycelium cultivating nicely in a jar, next step on the instructions is to "fruit" the mycelium, useing the vermiculite provided. Looks a bit like cat litter in a small tupperware box.

The instructions say, "add a bit of boiling water to the vermiculite". So, how much is a bit of water? How wet is the vermiculite supposed to be?

If anyone can tell me an approximate amount of water to use, I'd be very grateful.

Thankyou all and mods please move this if I've posted in the wrong forum.