• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Mushrooms Subthread] Different Strains & Cultivation

Is there an advantage to having the light on for only 12h then off for 12h in the fruiting chamber or can i just leave it on 24/7?

My friend used the 12h on, 12h off method, and that is what he says to do. im not sure what his yeilds were, but he reccomends that...i think that a certain ammount of growth needs to take place in the dark, that light will prohibit it, or stunt it, just from what i learned in bio class.

Mother Nature also likes to give mushrooms light/dark periods.. I'd say we listen to her, she is a wise cultivator :D

This thought crossed my mind. I understand why plants need dark periods but dont konw why fungi would. Or does it? Has anyone found drawbacks from leaving the lights on? Also do wide spectrum lights make a difference compared to normal flouresant lighting?
[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: Lotsa ]

Originally posted by Syd_Barret:
Are you mad man?
Search the Shroomery forums, many people got ripped by ************

That sucks!!! They were a quality operation when I was more involved in the scene a couple of years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, I have asked around, and they *were a very good vendor but to unknown reasons they ceased to be a good quality vendor.

Originally posted by Syd_Barret:
It's recommended to use grow lights of the blueish spectrum
which ones are of the blueish spectrum? are they the same as ones that are for plants or no?..

Arg.. it should tell you on the back what wavelength and all.. I have no clue what size it would be..
Really though light really matters for shit when growing shrooms. If you can get any amount of light on them naturally that is enough.
Even 1 hour a day... its enough, but if you really want to go ahead and buy some growing light (it doesn't really matter which color) just make sure its blue. Flourescent(sp) should work well enough.

Honestly any light will do, a plain normal bulb will make the shrooms happy.
Mushrooms are not like marijuana plants, they just need some light and they are happy.
Don't go spending any money on special lights, just use any light that you have and it will be enough.

K, got the lights rigged up like you say, still no fruits forming off the mycelium though.
I've got a small patch of a green contam on a cake so im thinking of adding hydrogen peroxide into the cool mister. any ideas on what ppm i should use?

Heh, if you want to even try and to save that cake, cut out the area where the mold is plus a little bit extra to make sure you get all of it.

Do shrooms benefit from a stable lightscheme or can I just leave the lightning in my basement for what it is, ie pretty random, but some hours of light per day at leat and about 15 hours or so max? also, the temperature is most times between 18 and 22 degrees celsius (although it barely gets under 20), would this be allright? I'll check my air humidity level tonight when i get home and post it then, just wondering if my conditions are any good to grow shrooms without having to do to much about the temp, light an humidity
[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: KroZN-(/-\)-XsZ ]

This may seem amature but I have all the materials to grow mushies but I was wondering how to create a spore solution? is it basic or complicated? is there a better method?
Any info would be great, thx

First off, mushrooms are fungus. They do not need light to grow. The only function that light plays in their growth is that it signals to the mushroom to start growing, as it's above ground. So, household light, daylight, or whatever light, just a few hours a day is fine. Anything else is a waste of time/money.
Second, you buy or grow spores, you don't make them.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to Drunken Biatches comment on making spore solution, I think he means how to make spore solution from say a cap or something.
I would also like to know if it is possible.

Off course it's possible.
It's a great way to become self reliant, but it is not recommended for the beginner.
Basiclly you make a print on some material whether it be foil or some glass slides.
Then a common method is to alcohol sterilize a shot glass dump the spores in there, mix it around with water and suck it back into a syringe.
Done.

Thanks so much for the help!
One more thing that I would like to know is how much more potent are fresh mushies? are they dangerous?