• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

i've actually stored wet mushrooms in honey as i was unable to dry them at the time. The water from the shrooms moved to the top of the container. I don't know about the alkaloidal content of the water as it was drunk during a shroomin party where everyone was ingesting shrooms via multiple routes. After all the shrooms had been scooped out, I used the honey & some peanut butter to make sandwiches which were both tasty and active.

As for potentiation, MAOI's such as syrian rue or b. caapi are effective, but you're kinda playing with fire there. Grapefruit juice may work as well, but I'm not sure about that.

300mg moclobemide will alter the trip to be much more like ayahuasca. Lot more intense and psychedelic than mushrooms alone.

There was just a thread on this same thing... wait let me merge them
Done, and also merged thát into the Big & Dandy Subthread. :)

I'm on the go, traveling.
The mushrooms I collect are very difficult to dry, so I just cook them.
I think they are called liberty caps, but not sure. If one like tell me where I can send their photos so they can confirm.
I get them in the wild, they grow from dung of cows or filipino buffalo.
I cut them near land level so not to affect the mycellium.
I wash them and cut to smaller pieces.
I cook them on medium fire for about 10 mins constantly adding sugar until it gets syropy.
Once it will cool down it will become relatively hard, yet easy to break to pieces.

I think perhaps this time I alittle overcooked them, that's why decreased potency. But it could be the mushrooms themselves that are of lower potency.

I also stated the whole process and ingredients as in order to be assessed again by Tripz Two about his opinion on the safety of the molds which grew.

Actually it's not really jam, as there is no really liquid, but it would be a jam if I would cook it less time. I called it jam because back in time I used to cook it less time and it would really look like jam.

@ranidf
Brother im not sure to be honest. I dont think anyone could say with any degree of certainty really.

I have to say, in the interest of harm reduction you shouldnt eat it .. but easier said than done.

As far as your cooking goes, basically you are just doing a reduction. Id think your cooking time might offer baseline protection by means of pasteurization. But its really not long enough.. plus youre doing it with the shrooms in there, which means it likely will degrade the actives if you cooked it longer.

Identifying contams on white mycelium is one thing, but dont think I could in a carmelized sugar mix. Still, maybe with a pic of the mold, somebody here might offer you a suggestion. Again most molds wont hurt you, but.. ?? I'd take this question to the shroomery prolly man.

Have you ever thought about just dicing them and putting them in honey? It acts like a sweet, antibacterial preservative.. which is what you are doing anyways.

Sure. I can post the photo of molds (and also of shrooms for identification). Is there a way to post it here on bluelight or I'll rather post it somewhere and provide a link?

Well, I cannot use honey because it will weight a lot. I'm traveling and on-the-go, cannot carry heavy things. Generally I cook to reduce weight, size and preserve at the same time.

If someone has suggestion of how to achieve all this without any special equipment or anything special I would try.
I have tried to dry them in many ways, but always failed. I didn't have a problem to dry other magic mushrooms, but only these ones.

You would do much better posting it on The Shroomery (google it).

Difficulty drying? I highly doubt that it's because of the type of mushroom, especially liberty caps since they are not usually the fattest.

Dry the first bit by laying it on a sheet of paper in front of a fan blowing air over it. Then if they are half dry put them in a closed container in which there is also a dessicant. Drierite is a dessicant for example. It absorbs all the water from the air while the mushrooms give off water to the air.
This way all types can be made cracker dry.

Don't cook them because the active alkaloids will degrade, it hardly achieves anything and it will become a slimy jelly mess as you point out yourself.

This also seems to be the wrong thread for your question/problem.

@solipsis
Ok, you are right.
I've gotten off-topic.

I'll create a new thread for identification (and molds and drying tips).
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8196400#post8196400
Mushrooms identification, specific drying tips (and molds).
Please those who can identify and tripz two check the new thread.

I have also on-topic questions here.

1. Did anyone experience combining shrooms with piracetam?

2. And shrooms with gabapentin?

3. And shrooms with Linezolid (zyvox) which is a reversible, nonselective inhibitor of monoamine oxidase. It's anti-biotic.
I heard of issues of combining shrooms with MAOI, but what interests me is:
a) What is the meaning of "reversible, nonselective inhibitor of monoamine oxidase"? Is it the same generally as other MAOI like syrian rue?
b) What is the difference generally between shrooms trip to MAOI + shrooms (while used in correct dosages, assuming in the end it has generally same intensity)? Because as I understood MAOI not just potentiate it, but also changes the trip.

Storing Acid

Today I picked up 2 hits of acid. I know that you're supposed to store them in dark, cool places, but right now I have no where cold to store them. Do you think if they've been frozen since 8 pm today (Tuesday) they won't go bad by Friday if I just keep them wrapped up and in a dark place at room temperature? Tommarrow it's supposed to get cold, so I might be able to throw them in my garage. My main problem right now is though I can't just put them in the freezer because I still live with my parents.

If you didn't feel like reading my problem and would just like to answer my question, Will my acid not go bad if I keep it at room temperature for 3 days? Would it go completely bad, or would they not be deterierated that much?

It should not deteriorate at all in 3 days at room temperature in a drawer/closet or something. It should be wrapped in tin foil or something tho.

Ok cool, I was really nervous and thought I maybe just wasted my money because my friend said HOURS of it being at room temperature will pretty much ruin it.

3 days shouldn't be a huge problem if you keep 'em in a dry, dark place at room temperature. Within a couple weeks, they might be noticeably less potent, but they'd still work. Freezing is only strictly necessary for long-term storage, mostly with bulk supplies. Your friend is technically right that the LSD will *start* degrading pretty fast, but in 3 days you'll lose maybe a couple percent tops, and the compounds it degrades into are harmless and inactive so they won't "taint" the remaining LSD or anything.

I would wrap the hits in foil, toss 'em in a baggie or something and put them in a drawer till you're ready to take 'em. Enjoy!

Are you guys for real?

I've kept LSD blotter for several months (4 - 5) in my wallet which was not "in a cool place".
It was dry and it was dark though.

There was no noticeable degradation in potency.

Acid generally keeps very well IME.

I've never heard of freezing acid or keeping it frozen.

I would actually be more worried about keeping it in a freezer because of condensation, humidity, frost and freezerburn. I think that would have a more dramatic effect on the degradation of a compound. The temperature itself wouldn't be a problem, but this isn't a lab "cold chamber" with regulated moisture and such... it's mom's freezer with the box of half-thawed chicken wings condensing and creating moisture and even possibly dripping before freezing.

I would make sure my stuff is airtight (even vacuum sealed).

But unless I lived in Miami, Mexico City or somewhere in the Saudi Arabian desert (you get the point), I wouldn't get paranoid about room temperature fucking with my stash.

My dealer had a sheet sitting in a plastic bag wedged inbetween a book for over a week in 30-40 degree celcius summer heat by the time I bought them. I tripped like no fucking tomorrow. If they were alright after those temperatures then keeping them relatively cool say 20-27 degrees celcius, dry and in a dark place then they'll be fine. LSD in blotter form isnt as fragile as people make it out to be. Just dont fuck around changing storage methods every 3 days.

Its sugar cubes and liquid that you'll want to be a little more careful with.

2 tabs aren't going to go bad, get zip lock baggy, push the air out as much as possible, wedge between a large book and if you want, put the book in a ziplock bag as well. This is what I've been doing and it keeps it away from unnecessary oxygen exposure, dry, dark and cool. Unless you've got A4 sheets of the stuff that need to stay good for a 1yr+ i'd stress less buddy.

Has anyone combined shrooms with 2ci before? I am interested in trying it and cannot seem to find any info or trip reports about that combination.

Hello all!

I hope I'm forgiven that I'm not going to read this whole thread, which probably contains a lot of information, but I just don't really have the time right now to read all of it.

This weekend I experimented with a 15 grams truffle dose, Psilocybe Atlantis,and 2- gram harmala. The intensity of the trip was immense compared to normally taking 15 grams of these truffles. Maybe 10x or 100x times more intense than without the MAOI. I loved that!

Now I like to take truffles, about every month or 2 weeks. To reduce the costs I wonder what the result of taking a half or quarter a portion of truffles, and about 1-2 grams of harmala, to get a trip quite similar to a normal truffle trip in intensity, but not needing so much expensive truffles. The trip wouldn't have to be as intense as the one I had this weekend.

Has anyone experimented before with these kind of quantities? What were the results?

Kind regards,
A very enthuastic tripper

Well shroomies are 90% water. Think im right on the percentage maybe lil off. Anyways ive.been picking couple times in deep south florida and if u ate for example 30gs fresh id be equelilent to 3gs dry. I have done shrooms many many times. Deffenitly want to do them on a day were u have no work no bills due no school no anything. Just a whole day to relax and be outside in a park or woods were theres alot of.nature, thats a natural potentiator right there. Also couple times i had.big amounts of mushies i sorted thru them.and ate 3.7 gs of only vaps. I had the classic shroom white out were u sweat and want to poor water all over urself hahaha, it did make it alpt stronger . The hardest i ever tripped was with liqued L from a hippie friend met at a phish concert it was the first time.and dammm it was crazy. Good combo to try.but be carful is lil bit of molly, id.say .2 of good stuff so ot dont overwelm the others. 1.5 gs of mushrooms and 2 hits of lsd. This is of coarse if u have the good stuff if not it might vary. Anyway i took the molly first to feel compertable. Its good to take away the.nervousness and worries for sure. Then 30 minutes after eat the shrooms wash em down with oj. And immediately after take the tabs. In my case it was awasome i got the eye flickers from molly and the sharp melty vision from the tabs and the.crazy thinking, and morphing growing shrinking vision frooms shrrooms it was crazy. Also i had.ketamine i did that when i was coming down. It was fun but no real poteniate just a good time. No matter how old never trip in a parents house haha bad vibes people. Id like to hear crom you all on some tab info about different kinds of mushie exp. As far as different kinds of shrooms and.how it makes the teip different gold caps are popular but has anyone ever had some rare ones ?