• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushrooms and pain/discomfort (shrooms bro...)

OP: Ignoring once when I tried mushrooms in 1988, I started using mushrooms regularly in February, 2012. The first time was extremely uncomfortable. Restless, couldn't sit still, muscles were 'achey' and I had the twirling razor blades phenomenon in my stomach. That gave me pause about trying mushrooms any more. I experimented with different levels of having a full stomach, types of food that I had eaten prior to tripping, fasting times and over the counter acid suppressors (Zantac).

It really didn't seem to matter whether or not I had eaten commercial or homegrown mushrooms; inevitably I felt as if I had been hit in the stomach and just felt a dull annoying pain until I started peaking (and then it was easy to ignore).

What made it worse? Having food in my stomach ----? now I always go in with a 20 hour fast
What made the pain better? Popping a Zantac about 2-3 hours before eating the mushrooms

I've also noticed that if I go more than 3 weeks (give or take) without eating mushrooms, the stomach pain flares up again the next time I eat them. Additionally, there is usually an increase in pain when I switch strains (which is all too easy for me since I grow my own).

That's my 2 cents. I work around the pain by either taking another drug or by taking them frequently.

Tom

Emotions are hard to understand don't feel stupid or ashamed for questioning if you are expressing them right. It takes strength to acknowledge those possible weaknesses. It's easy to get oneself into trying to think oneself into a positive emotional state as not to reveal any negative hangups that cause stress over ones present state and possible future. Reflect and integrate on those questions you asked yourself and the answers you find will bring you great understanding. Just always remember there is always more to learn.

Ya might just not be able to digest the mushrooms very well- F'rinstance, a dose high enough to actually get my wife off will also produce symptoms of mild food poisoning- cramps, sweats, digestive discomfort, little bit of fever. Kinda takes the joy out of them for her. She doesn't get any of this from extracted psilocybin, on the rare occasion that I can be bothered to do it, so it's something about the actual fungal matrix.

Some good shrooms can produce very intense body loads which can be extremely uncomfortable at times