• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushrooms and pain/discomfort (shrooms bro...)

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
last week i took shrooms for the first time and i was in pain and very uncomfortable the whole time... can anybody tell me why?

Stomach pain and confusion are common side effects of eating mushrooms.

It's really hard to tell as there is a lot that can make a mushroom trip uncomfortable. Could be a bad batch of mushrooms? What kind of pain did you experience? Nausea and stomach pain? Did you eat any food before you took the shrooms? Where they fresh or dried? You could simply have taken way to much and ended up having a bad trip due to the intensity.
Or you ate the wrong kind of mushrooms.

last week i took shrooms for the first time and i was in pain and very uncomfortable the whole time... can anybody tell me why?

Could be lots of things, maybe even unrelated to the shrooms. Mushrooms never give me pain unless I have too much on an empty stomach, but even so the discomfort subsides shortly. Granted, I rarely exceed 3-4g spread out over an entire evening, but I usually drink alcohol and smoke cannabis with it too.

Were they wild picked or lab/home grown? Do you know the strain?
How were they stored and for how long?
How many grams did you eat? Caps? Stems? Both? Did you re-dose?
Did you simply chew the mushrooms and eat them or did you grind them, make tea, or something else?
What was your stomach contents when you ate them?
What food did you eat during the trip?
Did you take any additional drugs with the shrooms, before or during (even the day before)? Any alcohol? Cannabis?
What was your set and setting? Who were you with and where?

With the nature of psychedelics, simple set and setting can trigger internal anxieties that manifest themselves as physical pains and sensations. It's just how psychedelics work, they blur the lines between mind, body and soul. Next time, try eating a light-moderate absorbent meal before hand like a sandwich and be sure to sip (not chug) water the whole trip.

For me, mushrooms are the perfect drug. I never get aches or pains, I never get anxiety anymore, they are immensely euphoric, social and stimulating nearly on par with MDMA, I sleep like a baby, and I wake up in the morning feeling like someone put ecstasy in my coffee which lasts nearly the whole week after my trip. I've been extremely productive on shrooms, I get super creative and can focus on tasks, I've even recorded music while tripping! Here's how I achieve a prime experience:

- An hour or so before, eat a solid meal but not face-stuffing. A sandwich, or a cheeseburger from Wendy's, chicken and rice, something yummy and moderately filling. The 'yummy' part is actually very important, because some delicious food will put you into a positive mood right before your trip which is essential.
- I like to make sure I have weed and alcohol on hand, but this is personal preference. I normally find alcohol useful in the first hour or two of the trip (come-up) but then after that any 'drunkenness' I feel actually detracts from the trip and I find myself wishing I hadn't drank. There is a definite sweet spot with alcohol and mushrooms, I find wine to be perfect. Whiskey always gets me too drunk and is too 'moreish' which just leads to getting wasted, and beer isn't strong enough and makes me too full/nauseous/bloated. Cannabis always helps but will most certainly intensify the trip which won't be desirable if you're having anxiety.
- About an hour after eating a meal, I select one fair-sized mushroom, cap and stem, usually weighing no more than 1.5g and I THOROUGHLY chew it up with potato chips or something. I think a lot of people's stomach discomfort comes from your internals trying to break down the mushroom, so chewing it up very thoroughly seems to help with this. Making mushroom tea might completely eliminate stomach discomfort, but I've only done it once so I don't know for sure (didn't get nauseous that time).
- Lightly sip wine over the next hour, keep your eye on the clock. When the clock says 1 hour later after you've eating the mushroom and it feels like it was actually SEVERAL hours ago, you know it's starting to work. You may notice colors sharpened and music sounds better. If you are indeed feeling effects, wait a tad longer to see how strong it gets. After about another half hour if you're still comfortable, go ahead and eat another similar sized mushroom, two if you're feeling brave.
- Usually, after this second dose, it's about 20-30 minutes later when someone flips my power switch to "ON" because I notice everything suddenly gets SUPER bright, I feel extremely awake and stimulated, euphoric, excited and almost exactly like I'm on MDMA. This right here is often enough for me to have a great night with maybe one additional cap or stem later on. If you're looking to really trip, just add more, but always remember you can always add but you can't take away once it's inside you.
- Enjoy your trip, lightly sip wine from time to time, smoke cannabis as you see fit.

I hope this helps!

that explains alot! i did not eat anything that day so i was starving... thank you... im not sure on the exact amount that i took but it had to have been between 2.5-3.0 grams... is that consider too much for a person doing it for the first time or no?

I'd say that's a fine amount for a first time. Some shrooms are more prone to ill feelings than others IME. I also find it best to eat a light meal prior to a trip, doing it on an empty stomach feels like shit 'cause you're hungry. Hell, not eating feels like shit while sober, 'cause you're hungry!

Were they magic mushrooms or where they just random mushrooms you picked up in a field?

I'd say 3g is a tad heavy all at once for a first timer, hell even I wouldn't want to do that. I like to ease into it, it just seems like the most agreeable way and reduces any unwanted side effects like anxiety, nausea, sedation (that 'poisoned feeling upon come-up), and general mind-fuckery. It's not like MDMA where timing your doses is everything, you can safely redose psilocybin all night so it doesn't really matter how long you take to ease into it.

One valuable lesson mushrooms have taught me in life is to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN and smell the roses, not everything needs to be rushed and often things are better when I simply take my time. There is something beautiful and rewarding about the different 'stages' to a mushroom trip, and dosing way too high all at once blasts past all these stages and doesn't allow you time to really take it in. The first few hours of the light, euphoric buzz is great to frolic around in with fellow shroomers, and then ease into the "dude I'm tripping balls" stare-at-the-wall stage, and then maybe even push it further when you slip off to bed on your own, and really get to soaring down the tunnel of light! Wake up the next day feeling like you conquered Saturn in your sleep.

^Yeah, I get cold sweats and get antsy on mushie come ups, tis a part of the journey.

lol they were shrooms i felt the effects... the best way i could describe the pain it was like a sharp pain throughout my whole body originating from my stomach or intestines and i felt very uncomfortable with everything... i felt the need to sit down but at the same time i didnt feel like sitting down... i felt the need to talk to someone but at the same time i did not feel like it... i felt like everything i thought of was like a contradiction or paradox or something...

If they were not produced or harvested right a possibility is another fungus (mold) growing on your shroom that remained. This is a theory no one can tell you what happened without knowing you or seeing your mushrooms.

I retitled this thread so people searching can tell what it's about. I also left the original title in parentheses so you can tell it's yours.

lol they were shrooms i felt the effects... the best way i could describe the pain it was like a sharp pain throughout my whole body originating from my stomach or intestines and i felt very uncomfortable with everything... i felt the need to sit down but at the same time i didnt feel like sitting down... i felt the need to talk to someone but at the same time i did not feel like it... i felt like everything i thought of was like a contradiction or paradox or something...

Haha...other than the sharp pain bit, sounds like you were trippin son.

i also had a neck pain but mostly back pain as well which is proly why i did not feel like sitting down or standing up... i also wanted to mention that i was having trouble interpreting and analyzing certain things such as feelings and emotions...

like when someone would ask me how im feeling i wouldnt know how to answer them... and when they would ask me if i was feeling happy or sad i would get somewhat philisophical and ask myself... "what is happy???" "what is sad???" those are just words that humans have created for emotions!! lol but at the same time i felt kinda stupid like i didnt know what happy or sad was! i didnt know what emotions were lol hard to explain but is that normal for a shroom trip???

Pain isn't usual no baked - you usually feel better physically than you have ever felt in your life.