• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom tolerance?

True lol I suppose any sort of expectation is normally futile when you enter the psychedelic state anyway so I guess as long as I go in with a clear head in a safe environment, what's the worst that can happen?

Tom; thats interesting you always trip inside. I find that to be constricting on my trip as I often get claustrophobic

Nah, it's pretty simple; I'm allergic to bees/wasps/hornets. Since I was a little kid I've grown to 'hate' the outside and love the 'insides'. But yeah, I see how it can be claustrophobic.

You mean you wouldn't like to trip inside an MRI machine :)

In all seriousness, I've been outside once while tripping, and that was in a blizzard and kinda disorienting.

Tom

Nah, it's pretty simple; I'm allergic to bees/wasps/hornets. Since I was a little kid I've grown to 'hate' the outside and love the 'insides'. But yeah, I see how it can be claustrophobic.

You mean you wouldn't like to trip inside an MRI machine :)

In all seriousness, I've been outside once while tripping, and that was in a blizzard and kinda disorienting.

Tom
ahh yeah that makes sense. But I can see a blizzard being disorienting. Also MRI no but I would love to trip in a isolation tank :D

I think an MRI scanner makes crazy noises, done fMRI once as part of a study but it is years ago. An isolation tank is definitely cool in general, but the K that I did in there didn't really work as well as I expected. Apparently you need to get used to being such a tank and how to be still, by doing it a number of times. So keep that in mind.

I've had a threshold trip on Peruvian Torch cactus while in a mild snowstorm once... The white canvas did help :D

Sure natural tolerance to certain drugs including psychedelics has been observed and reported for a long time (how far back does use of psychedelics go? ;) ), I think it mostly has something to do with genetic mutations that may cause certain receptors to be shaped a little differently, something like that. Be careful not to rely on your natural tolerance and trust it to be true for every and all psychedelics. It may differ between tryptamines vs. phenethylamines or even specific drugs.

Mushrooms are natural products and as such the potency can vary, even between specimen from the same batch. You can solve that by grinding and mixing dry mushrooms into a homogenous product, or even extracting mushrooms like I am doing right now. But, the more times you try and the more consistent the results are, the more likely it gets that it is just your default reaction to that type of drug.

So, to sum up: natural tolerance is relatively common (even if it is only 1% or 5% of people who have it, that is still an incredible number of people who know the phenomenon themselves), but be careful with nasty surprises from assuming too much and overcompensating.