• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushroom spores are legal, so why no discussion?

i was checking some videos and it looks so simple yet its complicated because of the whole sterilization process and its not true its easy to just let them grow on their own, you have to constantly worry about contamination and its pain in the ass. not sure if 2 weeks for them to grow is long or short period but since they are such little bitches to always try to keep them safe, its super annoying. gosh i really wish to just hunt them in the wild. its just straight forward no high maintenance mushrooms in a jar. i mean, how the hell do they grow in the wild if they are so high maintenance and so bitchy about sterile environment?? it blows my mind!

^^Youre right it isnt as easy as its made out to be and it will take time and patience with continuous education and an open mind. Two weeks is closer to half the time it takes start to finish.

But with trial and error comes knowledge and the universe will nod in approval granting little rewards for that patience. For example say you fail the first process but at least get a few pins of fruit; these still contain psychoactive compounds. While not ideal or what youre looking for, its still very rewarding early on in the learning process.

If youre just looking to dip your toes. Try innoculating a few jars. It doesnt nessecarily have to be surgical room sterile. That is just the most ideal environment relative to success rates. Its also just stressed that its prudently done as a safety precaution because someone starting might not be able to tell if a jar is contaminated or not. Just pressure steam the stuff wash up the area, and wear gloves and a bandanna on your face.

Ive even just thrown some jars in a cabinet for a couple weeks until the mycelium grew and then layed the jar on its side when it was ready to be introduced to light. Ive grown a few fruits and pins right inside the inoculation jar out the original substrate with little to no effort invivo. There was a tek for this method on erowid/shroomery and i cant remember the name...”hippies...invivo something or another ...tek” i think.

My point is, just try not to let yourself get overwhelmed by overthinking every detail. The whole process is relatively inexpensive so if it fails then oh well; at least youve gathered some insight applicable to your next attempt.

They are naturally occuring in the wild because nature is a delicate, intricate dance in and of itself. They dont just pop up. Every variable has to fall into the right place at the right time for everything to happen and thats the beauty of it. The algorithms of life take care of it for us. When a human pulls fungus out of its natural state, we are then responsible for all these variables.

Just be patient. If youre just trying to hurry up and get high then cultivating isnt the way to go. You will be rewarded with patience and if you seek the mushroom experience, it will ultimately find its way to you. I dont know everything by any means and there will always be somebody who knows something more or different or criticize me. Thats what these online communities are about; ultimately gathering knowledge. Its a wealth of information and opinion; both constructive snd unconstructive to whatever end goal you seek. Wherever ever the process leads you, i wish you and anyone else luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:
It's actually quite easy, as long as you can attend to them every few hours or setup some sort of self-humidifying system. I had great success my first try. A sterile environment for the spores is key though, much like when brewing beer. It's not too hard once you get everything together and start the process.

pf tek is the basic, but there are others. shroomery for tons of general info, mycotopia for a lot of in depth and some advanced and experimental stuff.

waylit's woodlover tek might be a good one to try if you can get a cold-climate woodlover species such as psilocybe quebecensis, which has been found in michigan.

according to:

https://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

illinois has a few genera with numerous species.

looks like next up is panaeolus cinctulus; know anyone with a horse farm?

^ Ive had a freind of mine use waylit to try to get his cyans going; after one prior failure using pf and then two more in waylit he finally got it. That being said, my only quibble with the waylit tek is the slightly greater increase in susceptibility toward contamination.

The process is relatively neophyte friendly and i agree with you its a good fit for the op. However I honestly dont think its wise to hunt for naturally occurring psilocybe without someone else experinced or at least having second knowledge. Especially this time of year, although many species have adapted to cooler climates, I honestly dont think it will furnish results. Thats just my personal opinion for you to take or leave.

Lastly... its not like when i was younger, my buddies and i went didnt go psilocybe hunting because we were naive and contributing factors werent ideal. You betcha we did!

All im saying is give it shot. Why not, but be careful. I dont know much about cinctulus’ but im sure a list of their identifiable gill and cap characteristics can probably be found in the above link nepalnt21 posted.

If you are going the wild route, dont let your excitment and urgency to locate mushrooms interfer with objective thinking toward the end goal. Please dont just eye them up. At the very least take some measurements, time for research and make a spore print using the method i listed in the post earlier explaining the rizomorphic and tementose mycelium. It will leave a distinct color relative to the particular strain and even thats a vague guess. The print really needs to be looked at under the microscope to verify spore characteristics.

Last edited:
pf tek is the basic, but there are others. shroomery for tons of general info, mycotopia for a lot of in depth and some advanced and experimental stuff.

waylit's woodlover tek might be a good one to try if you can get a cold-climate woodlover species such as psilocybe quebecensis, which has been found in michigan.

according to:

https://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

illinois has a few genera with numerous species.

looks like next up is panaeolus cinctulus; know anyone with a horse farm?

i happen to live close to few farms that im sure have horses. question is, its winter here now, its very unlikely this mushroom to grow currently? i assume spring and summer.... or fall?

There's no real discussion about it since this isn't the shroomery. Many people do grow them but are extremely careful and do not post anything about it online, get spores/supplies sent to a P.O. box or someone else's house, and don't talk about growing them online, via texting on a mobile phone, etc.

Also, I have heard about people being arrested for going to places where Psilocybin mushrooms grow in the wild and picking them. Of course this happened because someone found a spot where they grow, and then went online and told everyone, or because these areas were well known to law enforcement and the general public, and watched by law enforcement.

I personally do not use drugs, do not sell or buy them, and do not grow/procure them. I post on bluelight and other drug forums in their recovery/sobriety sections.

^^ That being said, as i posted early on in the thread; i am in no way, any longer involved in the procurement or cultivation of any strain of psilocybin containing mushroom.

Entertaining ideas surrounding cultivation, is just that...entertainment. As soon as any sort of physicality is brought into the entertainment, then laws may be broken; pending local or federal legislation pertaining to your location.

Should law enforcement or any agency become involved or interested in anything ive stated, they would be very disappointed.

On a lighter note (perhaps not), there was someone in my local area that was arrested some time ago, for having what he believed to be dried psilocybin containing mushrooms. They were not. None the less he was still arrested and subsequently charged with possession with intent to distribute a counterfeit substance. It was up for the courts to decide.

Last edited:
i happen to live close to few farms that im sure have horses. question is, its winter here now, its very unlikely this mushroom to grow currently? i assume spring and summer.... or fall?
they will likely grow during the spring and summer for you. dont know of any winter-fruiting psilocin mushrooms, but my suggestion was more long-term. i wanna be clear that mushroom hunting is difficult, and dangerous if you dont know what youre doing. i consider myself a hobbyist at best, but ive been studying it for the better part of a decade. i wouldnt recommend eating anything you find until you have a solid year or two of studying.

if you are after a for-sure source of tripping for yourself and/ or friends in the nearby future, i would simply check out the extensive suppository of info that is the shroomery.

key words: pf tek, monotub

^ Ive had a freind of mine use waylit to try to get his cyans going; after one prior failure using pf and then two more in waylit he finally got it. That being said, my only quibble with the waylit tek is the slightly greater increase in susceptibility to contamination
woodlovers are quite finicky. some will eat conifers, others wont touch em; some will even grow very well using all sorts of decaying matter. some are secondary decomposers, and wont grow on fresh wood, or will do so at an extreme slow rate.

the beauty of waylit jim's method is that you can have a garden outside, giving the mycelium the already perfect balance that is a natural habitat.

for indoors, its often quite fruitless (lol) to try a woodloving species, unless you have time, patience, and know-how. and are willing to make mistakes and try again.

panaeolus cyanescens (a coprophile, rather than woodlover) apparently is one that can be perfected easily indoors, and, also apparently, is one of the most potent species.

the most info can be found on psilocybe cubensis, and it is probably the easiest one to get to know first.

*FungousSneeze is also totally right in emphasizing the need for caution when learning how to hunt, if you ever do. if you ever feel like it, look up pictures of "psilocybe cyanescens" and then look up pics of deadly galerina mushrooms. they can be found in the same habitat, both growing on decaying wood, and even have been spotted in the VERY SAME PATCH, growing right along side eachother.

just my 2 cents - they’re technically legal presumably because some may want to study spores from a complete mycology/microbiology POV (if you check some of the online vendors, they never explicitly state nor condone their usage for “other purposes”). So while you could technically get away with it, unless you’re busted with a microbiology lab in your basement that studies the sexual/asexual growth cycle of mushrooms then they will probably have a solid case against you.

fucking assholes telling me not to have something or ill go to jail, you know what, thats why i wanna do it and distribute them too! i will use proxy and come online and share everything and post pictures too and even offer them for sell online using proxy and bitcoins.

have a nice fucking day cops

Paranoid much? Geez... it's called harm reduction. It's good advice to tell someone not to post incriminating stuff on a public message board. One should understand the risks one is undertaking when doing stuff that's illegal.

As for not discussing where to get spores, it's in the Bluelight user agreement. We don't discuss where to get drugs, legal or otherwise. Bluelight isn't here to help you get drugs. It's easy enough anyway to get spores, to find out how to get them.

Last edited:
I tried to take the helm and gear this thread toward the do’s and donts of cultivation that seems relatively elusive on BL, but now this has just become ineffectual, off topic and FRUITless. Pun intended.

Thanks man, I for one appreciate your efforts, I learned some stuff. :) Long ago I grew some cubes once, fungus is fascinating.

i see, so if something is not legal everyone should turn their backs and walk the other way without any reasonable doubt?? i dont get it. it says in many studies now THEY HELP WITH MEDICATION RESISTANT DEPRESSION, why do i have to suffer because some assholes who live in million dollar houses, big yachts constant vacations and trophy wives say its illegal "because"?? while MILLIONS of people suffer from treatment resistant depressions and this might benefit them??
you know what, put me in fucking jail but ill go and rally for this and i wish everyone grows their own mushrooms eventually, just like plants!

i completely agree with you and i don’t think anyone explicitly said not to do it - but if you’re going to do it, then do it right. So it’s important to know the pros and possible consequences of anything you’re considering, thus the point of this harm reduction forum.

i myself am all for growing one’s own spores! but I’m not oblivious to the fact that arrests have and do happen (whether for good reason or not is obviously up for debate)

well, if i cant grow or deal with those spores, i might go hunting but with my lack of experience and understanding it will quite painful, time consuming as i am a peon in this society and slave to work and ability to exist but if i ever break free, ill just be on the street and not beg for food or money with signs but for shrooms

check out http://shroomery.org/forums/ there are many discussions about spores and even a separate subforum about identification of safe edible and unsafe species both in context of psychedelic and culinary mushroom knowledge.