• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom-specific drug myths?

CMBUNNY, you really need to put the myth "the bigger the shroom ,the stronger it is" in you book. when i first started tripping on shrooms, i went out one night and picked about 35 baby copelandias"most of them were the size of the end of my pinkey finger or smaller" ,came home ,chopped them up, and ate them. i was expecting to laugh a little and see some colors, but within 1.5 hours i begain to convulse and gyrate in my bed.i could no longer see or hear anything external,all internal.4 hours later i came down and was reborn.5 years later and not a day goes by that i don't think about that experience. you also need to put something in your book about "death and rebirth". make sure you make it clear that D&R is not a myth. peace

def include the idea that you can smoke mushrooms and trip.

skullfarmer said:
CMBUNNY, you really need to put the myth "the bigger the shroom ,the stronger it is" in you book.

I think it's safe to say that within the same strain, a larger mushroom does have more active in it. It won't be as potent by weight, but I don't think they completely stop producing when the veil tears much less lose a significant amount of the actives. Surely you meant that a gram of small ones is stronger than a gram of large ones?

the copelandias i ate totaled in mass to a little more than 1/4 of a coffee cup. some people like to brag and say stuff like"i ate half a trash bag the other night" and when i ask how big the shrooms were they're like "dude they were huge!" after the veil breaks and spore production begins they start to lose potency. when i did this i was thinking the amount of mass is so small ,i'll barely get off.WRONG! THIS EXPERIENCE CHANGED MY LIFE!

The only mushroom specific things I've ever heard are:

1) The stems get your body high and the caps get your head high. (I heard this from this dumbass stoner who was like, "Man, can't I just have one stem off you to get a nice body buzz going with my weed." ...dumbass.)

2) Shrooms come from cow shit. Technically, they can grow there, but the majority are grown in jars.

Everyone round here seems to think that blue mushrooms are hallucinogenic because it is a blue liquid inside which is active.

I've actually heard the body high=stems, mind fuck/visuals=caps myth all the time. I used to actually believe it.

jp411896, I was dealing with a lot of P. cubensis and I was noticing that smaller, deformed-looking mushrooms were a lot more potent than the larger, healthier mushroom. Also, there have been many times when I've taken just a gram, maybe a gram and a half of some shitty-looking little dried but mutated mushrooms that were grown from cakes and it hit me way harder than two grams straight of healthy dried mushrooms also grown from the same cakes. Peace.

Many people I've met sincerly believe that the size of the mushroom somehow correlates with potency. Like, they'd leave several grams of smaller mushrooms in a bag, throw them on the ground, or whatever and just eat the larger ones.

Even more people seem to think that the cap is the only psychoactive part, or that the cap is orders of magnitude more potent than the stem.

PlunX said:
jp411896, I was dealing with a lot of P. cubensis and I was noticing that smaller, deformed-looking mushrooms were a lot more potent than the larger, healthier mushroom. Also, there have been many times when I've taken just a gram, maybe a gram and a half of some shitty-looking little dried but mutated mushrooms that were grown from cakes and it hit me way harder than two grams straight of healthy dried mushrooms also grown from the same cakes. Peace.

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing, but that's exactly what I said. Small ones are more potent by weight. Basically, 5g of aborts (a large number of really small ones) would be way stronger than 5g of large shrooms, but 5 big shrooms are going to be stronger than 5 small ones. In other words, as a shroom grows it continues to add more active but decelerates production as a function of time and the total amount of active converges to slightly more than it has in it when the veil breaks. To say otherwise would mean that a mushroom loses psilo as it grows, which is not true according to anything I've ever read.

I'm pretty sure we're both saying the same thing here.