• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RCs Muscle relaxants

Friesthem

Bluelighter
Been looking for an RC more effective than baclofen, and phenprobomate. Carisoprodol used to be available. It’s no longer to me.
Does anyone have any ideas what to look into ? Thanks 🙏

Not so easy sometimes.
The phenibut answer is legit... ymmv, though.
I fell like I am onto something but may take years to confirm/deny efficacy or more important possibility.
Cyclobenzaprine is not so much a "controlled" substance (can easily get prescribed) and may offer much relief depending of course of severity... I find it more effective then diazepam (valium) for spasms and gen muscular/skeletal tissue easement.
Just throwing something in the ring.

Ah yes I’ve had cyclobenz before. Just makes me sleepy. Not too effective either.
I have severe anxiety , so I’ve found that the soma , and the phenprobomate help with both. Valium also helps me, but more on the anxiety side. Unfortunately They won’t prescribe me gaba A agonists because I’m labeled an “addict”. I’m on suboxone .
Buy subs aren’t an effective analgesic.
can’t get opioids because the subs cancel them, ao that’s why I look to the RCs.
Phenprobomate is too expensive, that’s why I’m looking for a good gaba A muscle relaxant.
Thanks for the answers guys! :)

Not so easy sometimes.
The phenibut answer is legit... ymmv, though.
I fell like I am onto something but may take years to confirm/deny efficacy or more important possibility.
Cyclobenzaprine is not so much a "controlled" substance (can easily get prescribed) and may offer much relief depending of course of severity... I find it more effective then diazepam (valium) for spasms and gen muscular/skeletal tissue easement.
Just throwing something in the ring.
What is ymmv? I have phenibut, but only use it 1 or 2 times a week, because it’s so addictive, and loses its power very greatly, the more you use it.
First Time I used it, I had 500mg, was amazing! That was 4 kk the ago, I’ve never had that amazing experience again. Maybe I should wait a month lol

Your mileage may vary... not one show fits all kinda thing i guess lol
First Time I used it, I had 500mg
If this is all it takes do not use more unless there are circumstances that may effect the decision. OK?
I use phenibut and have been for years and so far haven't had issues unless doing more than what my body/mind can "afford". ;)
Thought about stopping the pheninbut a coupla times but remember why I started: T curb cravins for benzodiazepines, give an aspect (perception) for a min just to break from "reality". Fuck... lol and there were other aspects that "caught" me. Kepp it enery third day or so and with that attitude (that i feel) ta wont have an issue with it. <3
Used to be fairly bad off in many ways; my love, bl and some real mfs have helped this broken old fool mend a bit.
What more could I hope for? Not a fuckin thing.

I was never into benzos or anything like that but I really like phenibut, I have to really control myself and not use it more then twice a week, that’s a withdrawal I don’t want to experience
I've actually never tried phenibut. Only gaba-b agonist I've really used is baclofen, which I am prescribed 20mg a day. It helps a little bit with physical anxiety but it isn't nearly as reinforcing as a benzo or anything. The withdrawal is not really in the same league either.

Phenibut is a GABA-B agonist but also substantially powerful as a calcium ion channel blocker, ie, a gabapentinoid. So it bridges the worlds of gabapentin/pregabalin and baclofen/GHB. It's way better than baclofen, it's kinda like if GHB was turned down and had a child with gabapentin and pregabalin's cousin. And that child lasted a long ass time.

Yup worse than opiates/heroin/on the same as daily alcohol. Keep it steady 😀
Yea Iv read phenibut withdrawal can be pretty horrible, but I’m sure it all depends on dose/duration like most drugs, either way not anything I want to experience

Yea Iv read phenibut withdrawal can be pretty horrible, but I’m sure it all depends on dose/duration like most drugs, either way not anything I want to experience
Well I don’t know much. But I know phen is a strong gaba B agonist, I’ve been on benzos and alcohol for years, after a day or 2, ur looking at grand seizures, and a good chance of death , without help. Been there done that. That’s why I do the same with phen, 1 or 2 a week max! Don’t lose count lol. 😀

I think at moderate to high doses phenibut acts on the GABAa too, right ? So I can imagine a daily user in the higher mg would go through hell getting off cold turkey

I have heard that phenibut might be able to hit GABA-A at very high dosages, but I think it's speculation. Wiki doesn't mention that it has any GABA-A affinity at all.

Phenibut is definitely addictive and I definitely do not recommend more than once every 4 days, at that rate you will not get addicted. I have heard a variety of withdrawal experiences. Some people say it's the worst withdrawal they've had. For me, I have withdrawn from it 4 times in my life, and I find it easier to deal with than any other serious dependency I've had, due to its long half life. Even when I was dosing it daily, I didn't really start to feel withdrawals until 2 full days off, I did feel anxious the second half of the second day, though. So I could immediately start using it every other day instead of every day. Then when I felt stable on that, I can cut out another day, and feel anxious but no severe symptoms on the 3rd day. Basically my strategy is cut out a day, get comfortable, cut out another day, repeat that process until dosing once every 5 or 6 days, and at that point I can just stop and only really experience residual insomnia for a week or two. I have never done cold turkey, and I imagine that cold turkey would get really bad.

However I have read of others having a much harder time. The thing for me with phenibut is, it is not compulsive or moreish. It takes so long to come on that there isn't that instant gratification you get from dosing like there is with, say, GHB (which is relatively similar in effects, as a GABA-B agonist). GHB was WAY worse to come off of, not only because the withdrawal sets in very quickly, but because GHB is so moreish. I can have a tub of phenibut sitting right next to me at my desk while I'm tapering off and I won't take it until my scheduled dosing time. Basically every other addictive drug I've had problems with, the biggest struggle is not caving in and dosing and breaking my taper plan.

Phenibut is deschloro-baclofen and it's also way less potent than baclofen mg for mg as a muscle relaxer, perhaps not as a calcium ion channel blocker.

People take grams of phenibut. It would be hell on earth to take that much baclofen so keep that in mind.

There are far better muscle relaxants on the market. I like really high doses of methocarbamol myself. Even some benzos for muscle relaxation.

Phenibut, baclofen, ghb, 1,4-bdo, all the GABA-b agonists I've tried, felt dirty as fuck compared to benzos, carbamates, z-drugs, and barbiturates which all felt very clean in comparison.

I think ethanol feels like a dirty drug compared to benzos, carbamates, and barbiturates too. Unfortunately I still use it everyday because it's cheap and legal.

I might prefer an adrenergic blocker like tizanidine over phenibut for muscle relaxation.

Yeah GABA-B agonists have a certain dirty buzz quality to them, though dosed right they can also be really nice and pleasurable.
They must be ok.

I've certainly used them plenty of times myself. They feel different than other GABA drugs though.

I overdosed on phenibut once. I was puking and got the worst light sensitivity along with a horrible migraine headache. I think that's one reason it no longer interests me as much.

Neither phenibut nor baclofen can be abused the way I wanted to abuse them without making you ill.

Dosing too much on phenibut is not a good time. The feeling in the body is really bad. Phenibut is something you have to practice to dose right, and be really patient. I use it as a day enhancer, if I take it in the morning, then at the end of the day I can look back and say man, I had such a nice day. It makes me feel extremely confident and sociable, energetic, and in a great mood. It seriously enhances my ability to get into music and also my ability to play, probably because I feel more inspired, I usually take it the days where I am playing shows with my band, for this reason.

Something I've always noticed about GABA-B agonists (phenibut and GHB anyway) is that they seem to make the skin radiate heat, though I do not have a fever. My girlfriend can always tell I am on it because my skin feels warmer than usual.